mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Rodent of unusual size.

10 points to Gryffindor!

I knew you loved Harry Potter!

Packaged up the Vortex today, and sending it off in the morning.

I'm demanding they upgrade me to the razor model. JK tongue.png/>

Razor HD FTMFW.

I want to come down there and shoot with you some day. AZ is sucha good place for it.

Do it. :)/>

This is from this weekend:

706050_4340262419496_1566893687_o.jpg

There's an open section downrange with two black blobs (300y). Then up the side of the big hill behind that is 500y. Even got to mark everything out in 100y increments with marking tape.

I still need to make the transition to using meters, but everyone else using yards isn't helping. :P/>

Meh. Is your scope Mils or MOA? You did get 1st focal plane too right?

Mil, and SFP. FFP was another $200.00 IIRC

Yards are still ok to measure by.... but if you can I would learn meters too. Makes shit easy peasy. At the end of the damn day though your dope sheet is worth a all the calculation in the world.

I mean think.... processors today even use look up tables for repetitive long math even with their insane speed and parallel processing.

lots of errors.. ssa servers blowing up? am i missing a sale or something? hahah

lots of errors.. ssa servers blowing up? am i missing a sale or something? hahah

No shit. I can get the hop once out of every 3 times I try to view it.

Yards are still ok to measure by.... but if you can I would learn meters too. Makes shit easy peasy. At the end of the damn day though your dope sheet is worth a all the calculation in the world.

I mean think.... processors today even use look up tables for repetitive long math even with their insane speed and parallel processing.

I definitely want to switch to meters since I got mil not moa, but like you said my dope sheet makes everything a cake walk.

Sean and other such long armed folk. If you were looking for reasonable/cheap shirts suitable for shop work, 100%cotton, where would you look? All other shirts the sleeves are to damn short. Size such as a medium tall.

PEE PEE

Do we have any members near KC, MO?

Julian is from there but I believe he's in europe atm

Yeah I'm in the middle east now, I'll be back sometime in jan

What did you need?

Do we have any members near KC, MO?

what did ya need?

Sean and other such long armed folk. If you were looking for reasonable/cheap shirts suitable for shop work, 100%cotton, where would you look? All other shirts the sleeves are to damn short. Size such as a medium tall.

Tailored is the best. I know Sean got a groupon to indochino, I don't know how it turned out though.

I would gladly pay 150 bucks for tailored shirts if I stayed the same size for more than a few months. And of course it was quality.

I definitely want to switch to meters since I got mil not moa, but like you said my dope sheet makes everything a cake walk.

The trick is to just forget meters and yard and think about it all in angles and algorithms. Then skip the distance part and extrapolate right to clicks(or dots if you can hold over when your scope is true or if you have FFP)Much more useful in the long run. But like we talked about the DOPE is the real key. Learning the math is truely only useful if you are putting together a new system and trying to make new DOPE sheets. Etc etc. Or working with wind. And wind or other environmental changes are probably bigger factors. If you are popping a target at 1000 yards, for example, you could have 2 or 3 very different wind speeds. To further complicate it, the wind for the last half will have more effect than the first half so it would weight your calculations more because the boolit will spend more time traveling the second half of its trip than the first. So more time for wind to act upon it. So even if you do perfect math and have a kestral type device to check wind speed you could still be fucked as it will only be accurate for the wind speed and angle of attack on the projectile at the muzzle. Not 500 yards down.

The clicks are 1/10th mil for elevation and wind right? And is your reticle true on max power or min?

No matter what I am envious of your ability to just travel a short distance and have such looooooong shooting available to you. I have been bench racing and staring at a really expensive peice of glass for a looooong time.

Tailored is the best. I know Sean got a groupon to indochino, I don't know how it turned out though.

I would gladly pay 150 bucks for tailored shirts if I stayed the same size for more than a few months. And of course it was quality.

I want work shirts, not dress shirts though. I need something that looks decent, but 100% cotton so I don't melt it and durable.

I want work shirts, not dress shirts though. I need something that looks decent, but 100% cotton so I don't melt it and durable.

Oh I completely missed that. I love everything from Duluth trading company that I have purchased.

Harder wearing T shirts I have ever owned. And long enough for me.

Oh I completely missed that. I love everything from Duluth trading company that I have purchased.

Harder wearing T shirts I have ever owned. And long enough for me.

I bought a bunch of their polos on sale awhile ago and love them.