mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

You can find reasons not to like it. If you don't like Sci Fi or perhaps fantasy it may not be your favorite flavor. It's a bit like hating star wars though.

It's amazingly well made. It follows the hero cycle quite well. One guy mentioned that he liked it more than all 6 star wars combined. even at ~3 hours I could have dealt with another 3-4 hours of similar fun easily.

I like fantasy movies, I still have yet to finish Bridge to Terabithia.

I've been to 3-4 movies in the past 10 years, maybe 15. Yet I am building a home theater. My wife hates that logic.

Shit I don't care if I just watch TV in it, sounds killer to me.

You will watch a lot more movies when you install the home theater

4" of fresh powder this morning :D

Oh and women are all BITCHES!!!!!!!! :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa:

I've been to 3-4 movies in the past 10 years, maybe 15. Yet I am building a home theater. My wife hates that logic.

We are in the same boat, Id rather buy dvd's and spend my movie going money on a nice home theatre setup (that is my next step after car is taking care of).

I just went and purchase those Dayton Bookshelf speakers off of Parts-Express.com :woot:, Im gonna get the little T Amp from them next week for my birthday.

I LOATH the theater. I can't stand it. For the most part it's a nesicity to stay buzzed any time I go.

In my basement though.... It's my spot. My couch. I could probably watch 20 hours at home. I haven't ever.. but I probably could. I love movies. Epic experiences, via sound too, that can bring me somewhere else. It's a lot like a good book. I just have a hard time sitting and reading fiction even if I love the story.

I figure I'd watch a lot more movies and perhaps less junk, err food network

Mine is a room that I am emptying today. I need to go to HD to buy some plywood to build some shelves in a couple other closets to displace the stuff in it.

Mine is a room that I am emptying today. I need to go to HD to buy some plywood to build some shelves in a couple other closets to displace the stuff in it.

alright well i am bored right now so ill take some pics

Now that we are talking about home theaters, lets see pics of everyones setup :drink40:

My now (ex) girlfriend's dad had a 120" screen and Martin Logans all around...Movies over there were pure sex.

Now that we are talking about home theaters, lets see pics of everyones setup :drink40:

2 of these

4149420094_2895b8710b_b.jpg

with one of these

4149418346_6e74749462_b.jpg

will be the sub stage.

It's a mess, the wall you're looking at will be painted also

3389079800_b6aa9c4694_b.jpg

same spot movie on.

3389079370_8169837d79_b.jpg

here's a shot looking back at the seating.

3389077784_a2c3584e11_b.jpg

120" anamorphic.

I wish I would have gone 16/9 but same width now...

Next time will be in a great room with a curved huge anamorphic screen

I would LOVE to some day have an entertainment room large an dgran enough to do everything I want.

I would integrate a garden and maybe even a water feature with my HT, and also have a set up for 2 chan only. I doubt I will ever have the room or ambition to make it happen.

What size screen was that?

^-----My screen????

120" anamorphic.

What size screen was that?

^-----My screen????

120" anamorphic.

hahahh fuck, sorry. skipped right over that :noob:

My now (ex) girlfriend's dad had a 120" screen and Martin Logans all around...Movies over there were pure sex.

ML's are nifty. I have only heard 2 chan. Almost as good as Maggies. I <3 Maggies.

I couldn't deal with how directional the ML's I auditioned were. You have to be right on axis for the potential to really shine and the the sweet spot felt SO small. STanding vs. sitting threw it off for me even. Just wouldn't work in my set up.

Got my comp stuff. Start to install the mobo, I'm short 2 mobo standoffs. I know I have some somewhere, but no idea where. I hate going to the store and buying something I know I have.:suicide-santa: Why don't they include stuff like that anymore.:bull:

ML's are nifty. I have only heard 2 chan. Almost as good as Maggies. I <3 Maggies.

I couldn't deal with how directional the ML's I auditioned were. You have to be right on axis for the potential to really shine and the the sweet spot felt SO small. STanding vs. sitting threw it off for me even. Just wouldn't work in my set up.

Which ML's did you listen too? He had 7.1 in all Logans, the fronts are the 7' tall ones, with a center under his screen and sides, rears, and sub. He staggered the theater chairs and arraigned the speakers so that 5 of his 9 chairs are in the sweet spot, the only "bad" place to sit is the very outside.

I beleive they were these.

MartinLogan | Summit X

I'm not positive. Those are sorely out of my budget, but I listened to so many that were.

I have heard a good deal of their line up. One local best buy even sells them