mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Guess my uncle was a little jelly, cause he showed up at our Mother's day shindig with this little number:

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

:D

While I love the Audi V8 and even more so love the idea of Turbo'ing it, I would never own an Audi Turbo from that era.

Just got back from a quick 15mi jaunt.

Miles gettign easier? I've been working the recumbant bike in my basement slowly. Knees are not fond of me movine again.

:)

Funny, it actually comes down to how hard I try to go fast. If I go at pace, I am fine.

Bought a heart rate monitor, which I believe will make that choice easier.

Pumping like a madman will really bring down your overall output, but sometimes it's fun to just go all out.

:)

The first day back from Europe I rode 7mi and nearly puked. Tired as hell, sore as hell, and couldn't breath. Next day I rode 10mi and didn't sweat. Slightly different philosophy in peddling though. The second day I was exploring the safest way to bike to daycare to pick up Aidan which meant no real hurry and lots of turning. 3.7mi and only 1.5 blocks on a non-dead end street. I do have to cross Minnetonka Blvd, but it is at the corner where the elementary school is and has a crosswalk and stop sign :) Once it warms up a touch, I am going to try to do that regularly during the week.

Parents are picking up Aidan on Wednesday so the w and I can go out for a quick 15-20. :)

Parents are picking up Aidan on Wednesday so the w and I can go out for a quick 15-20. :)

If the W pedals it makes it so much easier to do. You get to check the "spent time with wife" and "did something healthy" box all in one.

So many guys make their wives feel unwelcome in the activity. It's really a dumb idea.

Old-school shoe-melter.

I want an Elise...

They are cheep. I would have one if I could fit in one.

Hmmm, last I checked, they were around 10k euros. I'm seriously thinking about one after getting a decent job..

My to-do list in the next two weeks is....way too long :(

I want an Elise...

Guess I really get the best of both worlds. I'm 6'1" 210 lbs. But with the seat adjusted I've fit into almost every car I've ever sat in, comfortably. (not back seats). I'm tall enough that people call me tall but short enough not to worry about those kind of things.

I want an Elise...

Guess I really get the best of both worlds. I'm 6'1" 210 lbs. But with the seat adjusted I've fit into almost every car I've ever sat in, comfortably. (not back seats). I'm tall enough that people call me tall but short enough not to worry about those kind of things.

You'd fit, but you wouldn't be comfortable. Hell I fit, but have to sit back about 1/2 block from a stoplight otherwise I can't see it. I am all legs so you'd probably be somewhat in a similar position.

6'7" - 210lbs, 37" cycling inseam

If the W pedals it makes it so much easier to do. You get to check the "spent time with wife" and "did something healthy" box all in one.

So many guys make their wives feel unwelcome in the activity. It's really a dumb idea.

She has a Giant XTC NRS full suspension bike. I ordered some 1.25" slicks for it that'll take 95psi which should allow her to keep up somewhat okay. It should be comfortable with the flat bars and the saddle & bar height at the same level.

Long term I am looking to build her a touring bike. Not because we will tour, but because for 30mi+ days they are about the most comfortable thing you could sit on and the time savings of minutes per hour on a racing bike isn't worth it. Been looking at old vintage steel frames and modern component groups on the web. I HATE aluminum frames, won't spend the dough on Ti for her, and don't see the value in Carbon. Steel is real and it is what we will both ride...that is until I have a custom made for me :)

Actually there is a Lemond Poprad frameset in my size on CL locally I might pickup for myself as well. Sell the Mt. Bike and have a knobby road bike instead...or in addition. Who knows.

no death trap cars for me, please

I want an Elise...

You'd fit, but you wouldn't be comfortable. Hell I fit, but have to sit back about 1/2 block from a stoplight otherwise I can't see it. I am all legs so you'd probably be somewhat in a similar position.

6'7" - 210lbs, 37" cycling inseam

I'm too chubby now but even when I had a 34-36 waist my head was 2" over the windsheild. Never climbed into one that had a roof. I also had to have the window down otherwise my shoulder was pushed in from being so wide.

She has a Giant XTC NRS full suspension bike. I ordered some 1.25" slicks for it that'll take 95psi which should allow her to keep up somewhat okay. It should be comfortable with the flat bars and the saddle & bar height at the same level.

Long term I am looking to build her a touring bike. Not because we will tour, but because for 30mi+ days they are about the most comfortable thing you could sit on and the time savings of minutes per hour on a racing bike isn't worth it. Been looking at old vintage steel frames and modern component groups on the web. I HATE aluminum frames, won't spend the dough on Ti for her, and don't see the value in Carbon. Steel is real and it is what we will both ride...that is until I have a custom made for me :)

Actually there is a Lemond Poprad frameset in my size on CL locally I might pickup for myself as well. Sell the Mt. Bike and have a knobby road bike instead...or in addition. Who knows.

Man with a plan.

I think I'm going to get a fixed back over built off road bike and just get slick tires for road going. It will probably see 80% roads, but I know if I start pedaling again I'm going to want to throw it off something stupid. I know myself. No room in my budget for 2 bikes either.

so yeah, any suggestions on body filler that works with plastic/vinyl? picked up a vintage Samsonite and it needs some work

I almost lost it at work watching this:

Guess my uncle was a little jelly, cause he showed up at our Mother's day shindig with this little number:

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

:D

:nightrider:

I could probably find a reason to have a recumbant bike though.

Those are epic

local auto stores have some Evercoat rage; should work, right?

Went riding yesterday and I couldn't get moving for crap. I was doing 12 mph and felt like I was giving it everything I had. I thought it was because my body was tired from playing sand volleyball everyday this week, so before my first overpass I stopped and just for giggles, picked up the front tire and spun it and it looked like it was spinning fine. Looked again and it looked like the front brake was barely rubbing (I say barely because the wheel still spun freely before I moved the brake) I moved it and it was a whole different day. I was pacing myself at 17 after that with so much less effort.

I am amazed at how much efficiency plays a role, a brake BARELY rubbing makes that big of a difference. Really makes me glad that I bought a nicer bike.

500x_abjexplorer1_12_01.jpg

words fail me

You need to get with the times gramps! Aluminum and Carbon FTW!

:P jk, but why don't you like aluminum. My bike is aluminum and couldn't see anything about it that would make me want steel.