mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

500x_abjexplorer1_12_01.jpg

words fail me

Epic win. I'm sure Pelosi will need it.

Grass roots movement and all that. It's like a double wide trailor for billionaires.

Parents are picking up Aidan on Wednesday so the w and I can go out for a quick 15-20. :)

If the W pedals it makes it so much easier to do. You get to check the "spent time with wife" and "did something healthy" box all in one.

So many guys make their wives feel unwelcome in the activity. It's really a dumb idea.

She has a Giant XTC NRS full suspension bike. I ordered some 1.25" slicks for it that'll take 95psi which should allow her to keep up somewhat okay. It should be comfortable with the flat bars and the saddle & bar height at the same level.

Long term I am looking to build her a touring bike. Not because we will tour, but because for 30mi+ days they are about the most comfortable thing you could sit on and the time savings of minutes per hour on a racing bike isn't worth it. Been looking at old vintage steel frames and modern component groups on the web. I HATE aluminum frames, won't spend the dough on Ti for her, and don't see the value in Carbon. Steel is real and it is what we will both ride...that is until I have a custom made for me :)

Actually there is a Lemond Poprad frameset in my size on CL locally I might pickup for myself as well. Sell the Mt. Bike and have a knobby road bike instead...or in addition. Who knows.

You need to get with the times gramps! Aluminum and Carbon FTW!

:P jk, but why don't you like aluminum. My bike is aluminum and couldn't see anything about it that would make me want steel.

long term ownership.

Man with a plan.

I think I'm going to get a fixed back over built off road bike and just get slick tires for road going. It will probably see 80% roads, but I know if I start pedaling again I'm going to want to throw it off something stupid. I know myself. No room in my budget for 2 bikes either.

I was on the same boat but so glad I went with a road bike, but that's based on the terrain I live around. Everything is FLAT so the only thing I would be throwing it off of would be into a ditch and the road is so much more efficient.

But with all that said I got a $300 cruiser/mountain bike with street tires (80 psi) for free. Me and a friend of mine rode around campus and she had no problem keeping up with me at ~15 mph. I'm sure if I would have pedaled more like I train she wouldn't have kept up for too long but I was pretty impressed. Impressed enough that if I was staying at Lamar I would ride that bike to school instead of thinking about riding my road bike.

Parents are picking up Aidan on Wednesday so the w and I can go out for a quick 15-20. :)

If the W pedals it makes it so much easier to do. You get to check the "spent time with wife" and "did something healthy" box all in one.

So many guys make their wives feel unwelcome in the activity. It's really a dumb idea.

She has a Giant XTC NRS full suspension bike. I ordered some 1.25" slicks for it that'll take 95psi which should allow her to keep up somewhat okay. It should be comfortable with the flat bars and the saddle & bar height at the same level.

Long term I am looking to build her a touring bike. Not because we will tour, but because for 30mi+ days they are about the most comfortable thing you could sit on and the time savings of minutes per hour on a racing bike isn't worth it. Been looking at old vintage steel frames and modern component groups on the web. I HATE aluminum frames, won't spend the dough on Ti for her, and don't see the value in Carbon. Steel is real and it is what we will both ride...that is until I have a custom made for me :)

Actually there is a Lemond Poprad frameset in my size on CL locally I might pickup for myself as well. Sell the Mt. Bike and have a knobby road bike instead...or in addition. Who knows.

:P jk, but why don't you like aluminum. My bike is aluminum and couldn't see anything about it that would make me want steel.

long term ownership.

Unless I get into a wreck I don't see it being a problem... If I get in a wreck that bends the frame I think I'll more important things to worry about

oh lookee, another new SoundBlaster card...lets see what it has onboard:

The Burr-Brown PCM1794 by Texas Instruments is a 24-bit 192KHz delta-sigma stereo Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC).

The NJM2114 is a dual low-noise operational amplifier by New Japan Radio Co. Ltd. The pair of op-amps perform active I/V conversion for the PCM1794 output.

Pictured above are a pair of National LME49710 high performance, high fidelity op-amps. The signal from the pair of JRC 2114D op-amps are fed into the Nationals, which do the job of differential to single-ended conversion.

Four metallized polyester film capacitors are situated beside the pair of LME49710 op-amps. These capacitors are part of the R/C low-pass filter.

The high-gain high current NJM4556A dual op-amp by New Japan Radio Co. Ltd. is a tried and tested part used in the renowed Grado RA-1, a headphone amplifier.

These are two New Radio Co. Ltd. NJM2114 dual op-amps in small-outline integrated circuit (SOIC) packages. These op-amps are similar specification-wise to the LME49710NA, which are in dual in-line packages (DIP).

The single-ended RCA inputs are buffered and filtered by these two NJM2114 dual op-amps.

The signal is fed into a pair of National LME49723 op-amps, which performs the task of conversion from single-ended to differential.

Another Burr-Brown part, the PCM4220 is a high performance Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC). It is a relatively new ADC, and is currently used in Focusrite's ISA 828 microphone pre-amplifier.

Wolfson's WM8775 24-bit 96KHz stereo ADC with 4-channel input mixer is used for analog-to-digital conversion for the microphone and front panel audio header inputs.

The signal from either inputs are buffered by ON Semiconductor MC33078 dual op-amps before arriving at the WM8775SEDS.

The audio processing unit onboard the X-Fi Titanium HD is the CA20K2 (E-MU 20K2). It is a native PCI Express solution. The same processor is found on the X-Fi Titanium. There is 16MB of onboard memory on the X-Fi Titanium HD, again similar to the X-Fi Titanium and X-Fi Titanium Professional Audio.

lots of paraphrasing, but you get the idea.

Man with a plan.

I think I'm going to get a fixed back over built off road bike and just get slick tires for road going. It will probably see 80% roads, but I know if I start pedaling again I'm going to want to throw it off something stupid. I know myself. No room in my budget for 2 bikes either.

Cyclocross style bikes are your friend. At your size I'd look for steel and not aluminum though. Almost wish that is what I had bought, but if I keep putting on the miles I can easily rationalize multiple bikes. Plus I have a nice retro-Breezer Mountain Bike that should be worth nearly what I paid for it 17 years ago. :o

I could probably find a reason to have a recumbant bike though.

Those are epic

After you hit 50, sure.

Went riding yesterday and I couldn't get moving for crap. I was doing 12 mph and felt like I was giving it everything I had. I thought it was because my body was tired from playing sand volleyball everyday this week, so before my first overpass I stopped and just for giggles, picked up the front tire and spun it and it looked like it was spinning fine. Looked again and it looked like the front brake was barely rubbing (I say barely because the wheel still spun freely before I moved the brake) I moved it and it was a whole different day. I was pacing myself at 17 after that with so much less effort.

I am amazed at how much efficiency plays a role, a brake BARELY rubbing makes that big of a difference. Really makes me glad that I bought a nicer bike.

Did you average 17 or just on the flats?

The ONLY reason Aluminum bikes are made is to cheaply make something light.

Harsh, harsh, harsh. Add to that they fatigue. Carbon is fine as long as you don't hit it with anything. Steel rides the best, is the most forgiving, is easy to fix, and the efficiency gain from stiffening up the bottom bracket doesn't buy you anything. Nor does being 2lbs lighter. If you were racing and for big money, sure, but for riding no way no how. I could care less if I average 0.005mph faster.

I rode the 2.3 and hated it, the Carbon Madone was nice though. Both were WAY better than the CAAD 9 though.

It didn't make it easy to find a bike when I only was interested in steel.

long term ownership.

Unless I get into a wreck I don't see it being a problem... If I get in a wreck that bends the frame I think I'll more important things to worry about

Ha, wrecks aren't the only thing that break frames. Shit before the Breezer I broke pretty much everyone I ever owned except the Kuwahara but that got ripped off too fast.

<--has never seen a lugged aluminum bike, hmm

Those are epic

After you hit 50, sure.

You're just jelly. All the fastest man power speed records are made on a recombant.

:P

500x_abjexplorer1_12_01.jpg

words fail me

Epic win. I'm sure Pelosi will need it.

Grass roots movement and all that. It's like a double wide trailor for billionaires.

Her jet is 3x the size. Seriously. She needs room to shuttle lobbyist and friends to California on CA tax payers dime. :suicide-santa:

Went riding yesterday and I couldn't get moving for crap. I was doing 12 mph and felt like I was giving it everything I had. I thought it was because my body was tired from playing sand volleyball everyday this week, so before my first overpass I stopped and just for giggles, picked up the front tire and spun it and it looked like it was spinning fine. Looked again and it looked like the front brake was barely rubbing (I say barely because the wheel still spun freely before I moved the brake) I moved it and it was a whole different day. I was pacing myself at 17 after that with so much less effort.

I am amazed at how much efficiency plays a role, a brake BARELY rubbing makes that big of a difference. Really makes me glad that I bought a nicer bike.

Did you average 17 or just on the flats?

Try to hold 17-18 on the flats, don't usually take note of my overall average. IIRC before the overpasses I get up to 19-20 then as I go up I down shift and usually end up to 12-13 then on the down hill portion I end up around 25-26 and hold my speeds and as my cadence drops to the 70's I down shift until I end up back at 17-18 again.

When it comes to bikes, really steel is the best way to go for long term ownership.

The best reason, steel actually can be fixed. none of the other options fix well.

Those are epic

After you hit 50, sure.

You're just jelly. All the fastest man power speed records are made on a recombant.

I am not in it for speed. :)

When it comes to bikes, really steel is the best way to go for long term ownership.

The best reason, steel actually can be fixed. none of the other options fix well.

Ride quality as well, but of course this is related to long term ownership. If you threw your frame away every season you could definitely make an aluminum one ride like steel, but it would fatigue quickly.

Titanium is the only other material I'd be interested in, repairable, albeit not nearly as easily as steel.

Those are epic

After you hit 50, sure.

I am not in it for speed. :)

The thing with a recumbant is I would look at it and constant think about strapping an engine to the back of it.

It looks just made for it.

On the other hand I bet jack could really pull me well too.....

found a neat Permatex vinyl/leather repair kit, some vinyl and fabric dye, and some sandpaper...

yes, this is what I do when I'm bored; buy $5 luggage pieces and spend 20 bucks refurbing them...

it will be epic

found a neat Permatex vinyl/leather repair kit, some vinyl and fabric dye, and some sandpaper...

yes, this is what I do when I'm bored; buy $5 luggage pieces and spend 20 bucks refurbing them...

it will be epic

You need a different hobby...

this is most likely a one time thing

like that one time at Spring Brea...nevermind...

1000 posts.2oho.gif

When did I break 40k?

Sean, do you wear clip in bike shoes?

Yes. Damn foot grew since college though so my Sidi Dominators are a bit too small. I need a 50, not the 48's that I have. Sucks looking at a pair of $350 shoes that cramp your toes.

Of course, I've been wearing them anyways.

Bike has the Onza pedals from my Mt. Bike. And no, they aren't made anymore.

Not sure what I am going to switch to. Definitely sticking with mountain shoes though, although I have a pair of Look style Ultegra's that came with my bike.

Sean, do you wear clip in bike shoes?

Riding a bike without REALLY sucks.