mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just walked by the place it was one block over from us and has free nets as well... is he tall like you? If so we saw him (Travis is here too) well have to drop in tomorrow.

Yep, tall.

Crap, two days of gorgeous weather and I didn't ride. I feel guilty :(

At least I did other physical labor, hell more exhausted right now then I am after 20mi :)

What were you working on? I spent 3.5 hours mowing and only got 2/3's done.

Put cabinets in my garage. :)

Cleaned the house for Aidan's first birthday party which was Sunday.

Big conference call in 5 minutes :)

what the hell are you doing on here then? :peepwall: lolo

Happy birthday to the little man!

Already a year deep. Exciting.

SAN ANTONIO—A man described by eyewitnesses as "unsettled" and "disturbed" walked into the local Guns Galore Shooting Range early Tuesday morning, paid for a half hour's worth of time, and then calmly opened fire on dozens of unsuspecting targets.

Sources said the man, now identified as Bryon James Woodrich, entered the establishment at approximately 8:30 a.m. armed with a pistol. After a brief exchange with the gun range manager, Woodrich purchased a box of ammunition, showed two pieces of ID, signed in, walked to stall No. 17, and at once began his crazed shooting spree.

"He just kept firing, over and over again—bam, bam, bam, bam, bam," said manager Clyde Jenkins, recalling the chilling scene. "From the moment he stepped into Guns Galore, it was clear that this man only had one thing on his mind."

Witnesses said Woodrich displayed no emotion whatsoever during the 29-minute barrage. Many watched in silence as the gunman unloaded 12 shots at extremely close range into the chest and head of a defenseless target, pausing only to reload. One witness said that the shooter actually exited the gun range with a "look of relief" on his face.

"I should have seen this coming," said San Antonio resident, Carlotta Vasquez, who has known Woodrich for over 10 years. "He's been having a tough time since [ex-wife] Sheila left him, and they recently cut his hours at the plant. And he was always talking about needing to blow off some steam, but I never would have thought that this is what he meant. Had I known, I would have tried to be there for him, to say something."

"It didn't have to come to this," Vasquez continued. "We could have gone fishing or bowling or whatnot."

A handwritten note on the gunman's refrigerator warned the shooting spree would occur "after he picked up groceries."

Close friends of Woodrich, who is believed to own at least two other handguns and an unknown number of rifles, said he displayed many warning signs in the months leading up to the shooting. A loner, Woodrich was known to be quiet and withdrawn, channeling all his energies into his work and violent hobbies, like hunting.

"I once saw Bryon shoot a beautiful six-point buck like it was nothing," friend Kenneth Schlissel said. "In the end, I guess I'm not surprised he ended up at the gun range."

According to his ex-wife Sheila Mann, Woodrich was "obsessed" with firearm and hunting magazines, which he would frequently read alone in his basement "for hours and hours on end."

"He and his friends were always talking about guns and the shooting range and how they couldn't wait for the weekend to come," Mann said. "They'd argue about who was the best shot and what guns they were going to buy and whose gun was the biggest."

"It scared me," she added.

After exhausting his final two clips, Woodrich reportedly fled the premises still carrying the loaded weapon. He was then seen entering a bank, a gas station, and a fried chicken restaurant before returning home and voluntarily disarming himself.

Thus far, no charges have been brought against the deranged shooter, nor has the gun range taken any extra precautions to prevent a similar incident in the future.

In fact, some residents, like Guns Galore assistant manager Ken Marshall, said they only have themselves to blame.

"Looking back, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened," Marshall said. "Bryon pretty much comes in here every Tuesday."

That is equal to about 4.5 inches of penetration into ballistic gelatin or bad guy.

Not nearly enough.

If you're aiming properly it is

I just got into Annapolis, MD today. Will be here until Sunday.

Shame, as I drove by twice over the weekend. :(

That is equal to about 4.5 inches of penetration into ballistic gelatin or bad guy.

Not nearly enough.

That test is weird as is. In a heated moment I wouldn't want that gun. Less accuracy and less powa than something else that would be the same price and will have easier to find ammo. As the guy said. it's a wicked fun snake cannon.

I would take a 45 over that, or a 9mm if I am going for penitration alone.

44 mag would be ideal, or a .500. I've never seen a .500 against a 44 mag side by side.

I think I read that you want > 10 inches into balistic gel to ensure organ penitration/damage.

From here comes the kill/penitrate/peirce vs stop factor. A 22 will kill no problem into the brain.

I will still take the .308 any day over it.

I have multiple monitors.

Not nearly enough.

That test is weird as is. In a heated moment I wouldn't want that gun. Less accuracy and less powa than something else that would be the same price and will have easier to find ammo. As the guy said. it's a wicked fun snake cannon.

I would take a 45 over that, or a 9mm if I am going for penitration alone.

44 mag would be ideal, or a .500. I've never seen a .500 against a 44 mag side by side.

Anything 9mm or better works just fine for defense; usually though the larger calibers are more forgiving with bad aim. With 12 gauge birdshot, for example, you really don't have to aim at all; just point it in the general vicinity and pull the trigger :D

Hope the little man enjoyed it. Next thing you know he will be 16 and mom and dad will be wondering where the time went.

Hope the little man enjoyed it. Next thing you know he will be 16 and mom and dad will be wondering where the time went.

Agreed. Had the 1st Anniversary on Sunday too

Congradulations! I am coming up on 14 years.

I'd be close to that if I didn't take 9 years to propose. :P

I'd be close to that if I didn't take 9 years to propose. :P

Eh mine was an interesting thing............LOL

Did you post 1 time on each?

:D

:gayhaaay1:

Double post FTW

Anything 9mm or better works just fine for defense; usually though the larger calibers are more forgiving with bad aim. With 12 gauge birdshot, for example, you really don't have to aim at all; just point it in the general vicinity and pull the trigger :D

Birdshot won't penitrate even the belly of a human. I have literally seen (yes my eyes in person) someone who took bordshot to the face from 10-15 feet away. He doesn't even have scars anymore from getting hit some 15 years ago.

Even at 20 feet which is one heck of a wide room, buck doesn't spread that much, and bird is only good for birds and snakes.

The 9 mm vs .45 argument is long and tired so I will digress but the point is that a moving target is SO HARD to hit. Unless they are coming directly at you, in handgun defense situations you get your sites lined up and squeeze at the center body of mass. As of right now, the hydrostatic shock factor from a .45 is greater than a 9mm. The 9mm will penitrate more. With modern JHP they both do good jobs. However in a situation where a dude is on meth, I would take the .45. If I need more than a few shots I should have brought a rifle.

"Handguns are for fighting your way back to your rifle."

Hey Dem Beats, I just noticed the sig. I love jammin' the Atmosphere too.smile.gif