mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just thought I should mention I hate people who can't use proper grammar, spelling, or punctuation. It's rather annoying, when I KNOW they have a full QWERTY keyboard in front their faces.

/rant

leik fer realz, bad grammer is teh sux

:P

OK I'm frustrated. Can someone spoon feed me or link me to an online port *AREA* calculator?

For this.

# Fs: 17.4 Hz

# Le: 4.0mH

# Re: 3.8 Ohms (Voice Coils wired in series)

# Qms: 3.62

# Qes: .42

# Qts: 0.37

# Mms: 525g

# Cms: 0.16 mm/N

# Vas: 313L

# Sd: 1182 cm^2

# BL: 22.9

# X-max: 32mm

# Pmax: 1500W

# SPL: 87.8 db/1W/1M

I usually go for port area equal to 1/3 of the cone area with a box that plays music and adjust from there based on what the software has to say about vent velocity.

Just thought I should mention I hate people who can't use proper grammar, spelling, or punctuation. It's rather annoying, when I KNOW they have a full QWERTY keyboard in front their faces.

/rant

You've come a long way since you joined :)

Matt, more specifically what do you need?

OK I'm frustrated. Can someone spoon feed me or link me to an online port *AREA* calculator?

For this.

I usually go for port area equal to 1/3 of the cone area with a box that plays music and adjust from there based on what the software has to say about vent velocity.

edit: glanced over the Sd the first time I looked over the specs. Silly me. Looks like an 18. I agree with Adrian, about 1/3 seems like a good number. I've never thought of it that way, but when I think of average area for each size, I say about 30 inches for a 12, 50 for a 15, and 80 for a 18. Those end up being about 1/3 Sd. I only have about 40-45 on my 15" SI mag I think, for box fitting reasons in my old car's trunk. I wish I had a bit more though. But I don't care enough to build a new box now.

For this.

PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES

power restored after ~7 hours. thanks you lazy asshats I hope you enjoy your overtime...

I got to make a blender full of mmmmmmmmargaritas though so I'm happy

these are a good 12% ABV so they're plenty strong for extend sipping

Imagine your disappointment when you find what looks like a great deal on a 1967 Ford Mustang on Craigslist, only to realize the body is 90 percent Bondo. You could head back to the listings, or you could hit the Ford Parts catalog for a brand new body shell. Ford is now offering up over 9,000 officially licensed parts for cars and trucks going back to 1909 Model Ts, and the catalog includes complete shells for 1967, 68, 69 and 1970 Mustang coupes as well as all manner of other parts to fix up old Fords, Mercurys and Lincolns.

Finding good parts for restorations is always a challenge. Restorers often have to go scrounging through scrap yards to find parts in decent condition or roll the dice with unauthorized reproductions that may or may not fit. Ford has sold some of the old tooling to specialty fabricators that continue to produce parts in small batches for those models that people want to keep on the road well past their expiration date. Of course, crate motors are old hat in the racing catalog, with classics like the "351 Cleveland V8", 302 cubic inch V8 and the more recent 5.0-liter "Cammer" readily available.

Off-road junkies will also be pleased to learn that the next addition to the body shell lineup will be the first generation Bronco. Complete bodies for the little Broncos will be available in the fall.

It's hard to imagine the automotive landscape without the wonder that is eBay Motors. Yes, we would probably be a little more productive without the ever-present temptation of thousands of rare and unique listings leading our web browsers astray, but we'd also never hear about cars like the 1974 De Tomaso Pantera L you see above. While any car with a 351 Cleveland V8 mounted amidships is usually enough to get our blood pumping, this particular example is something truly special. Why? It has a mere 135 miles on the clock.

Now, usually, a car that's traveled less than four miles a year since it was built would have all sorts of issues to contend with, but the seller claims to have taken care of most of those. The wheel bearings have all been broken down and repacked with new grease, the brake lines have been replaced, the carburetor has been rebuilt and the oil-pan gasket has been swapped for a new piece, and a slew of other services have been performed. There's no word on whether or not the fuel tank was dropped and cleaned, though.

Sound good? The 'Buy It Now' price is a lofty $139,500, and the car is located in Scotts Valley, California. We're not entirely sure we'd personally pony up that kind of cash (if we had it), but it's likely the best original Pantera that will ever be seen again. Check the auction here.

I got to make a blender full of mmmmmmmmargaritas though so I'm happy

these are a good 12% ABV so they're plenty strong for extend sipping

Two major problems there.

1) Blended and margarita shouldn't exist. Rocks ftw. Only exception is when you use frozen strawberries for the ice and it is over 95 degrees.

2) 12%??? WAY too weak. There should be as much tequila as all other liquids and obviously tequila isn't the only booze in them.

Fresh squeezed lime juice and real simple syrup are the keys though. That and a tequila that tastes right in a mixed drink. I use a lot of Sauza as I find going more expensive doesn't always yield that much better results. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and a place for a top shelf Margarita, but then they need to be even stronger.

I guess you missed this part?

it might be the meds talking but damnit all I want an old fashion SMU neon green frozen margarita...

:P

I usually (not this time, obviously) make them with equal parts triple sec, silver tequila, and key lime juice on the rocks with a salted rim. I've also heard of throwing all the ingredients and the spent limes in a shaker, muddle, and strain into a glass but I don't know if that would do anything?

You'd only muddle if you put the lime with skin and such in there. No need in a gita IMO.

Use fresh squeezed, much better :) Grand Marnier or Cointreau are much better than Triple sec, and either way it should be half what the tequila amount is at most. The lime juice will depend on the limes and so will the sweet syrup which is necessary with under-ripe (read all) limes.

If you muddled, you'd do it before the liquid and ice.

Muddle, ice, liquor, mixer ALWAYS in that order. Muddling a gita can allow you to use raw sugar instead of simple syrup and sweeten the lime in the glass, but considering ss is so easy to make I don't see the point.

You'd only muddle if you put the lime with skin and such in there. No need in a gita IMO.

Use fresh squeezed, much better :) Grand Marnier or Cointreau are much better than Triple sec, and either way it should be half what the tequila amount is at most. The lime juice will depend on the limes and so will the sweet syrup which is necessary with under-ripe (read all) limes.

I've heard the "right way" to make it is 7:4:3 tequila/sec/lime, although my personal favorite is the 3:2:1 variety

I almost always use key limes instead of the Persian variety

using simple syrup never even crossed my mind

I cringe at the thought of using something Grand Marinier or GranGala in a 'rita if for no other reason than the price :lol: But I always use Cointreau! :)

mini-porsche-02.jpg

good ole PR stunts

Today I woke up with some bad pain in the head. It comes from time to time. Just nothing and then... bam :( . Can the source be my wisdom tooth? I've seen people removing them, do they cause pain?