mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

What is this thread about, exactly? I always wondered.

So I could say something like "if it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college" to try and start a conversation?

bigmitsuokaorochipremiumgold01.jpg

bigmitsuokaorochipremiumgold03.jpg

bigmitsuokaorochipremiumgold04.jpg

bigmitsuokaorochipremiumgold05.jpg

you know you want one

Two please :D

So I can use them as a ramp when I need to work under the Jeep.

Spammers in the IHOP ? :lol:

I got to make a blender full of mmmmmmmmargaritas though so I'm happy

these are a good 12% ABV so they're plenty strong for extend sipping

Two major problems there.

1) Blended and margarita shouldn't exist. Rocks ftw. Only exception is when you use frozen strawberries for the ice and it is over 95 degrees.

2) 12%??? WAY too weak. There should be as much tequila as all other liquids and obviously tequila isn't the only booze in them.

Fresh squeezed lime juice and real simple syrup are the keys though. That and a tequila that tastes right in a mixed drink. I use a lot of Sauza as I find going more expensive doesn't always yield that much better results. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and a place for a top shelf Margarita, but then they need to be even stronger.

I like the way you think Sean, tequila it up!

Tending bar for 4 years has an effect on how you mix drinks.

You'd only muddle if you put the lime with skin and such in there. No need in a gita IMO.

Use fresh squeezed, much better :) Grand Marnier or Cointreau are much better than Triple sec, and either way it should be half what the tequila amount is at most. The lime juice will depend on the limes and so will the sweet syrup which is necessary with under-ripe (read all) limes.

I've heard the "right way" to make it is 7:4:3 tequila/sec/lime, although my personal favorite is the 3:2:1 variety

I almost always use key limes instead of the Persian variety

using simple syrup never even crossed my mind

True, YELLOW Key Limes FTMFW! I love a genuine Key lime pie, green shit isn't as good D:

Only problem with that is that fresh squeezed >>> bottled and good luck getting keys year round. Add to that they are a bitch to juice and I'll stick with limes for my drinks.

you know you want one

No rice for me.

gettin wine drizunk tonight. WOO WEEE!

Me too. :)

Do you have a finished size & port for the box yet? If so what? Curious to see how they model in them.

24x2.5 and I don't remember what it came to exactly but I would like to say 61.5 inches long. It's sticking out in my mind as correct.

The chamber for the woofer should be real close to 16cuf after bracing and woofer.

Spammers in the IHOP ? :lol:

Same user account from ca-f too.

Damn liquid creamer is out at the office.

i hate when that happens!!! what a drag! lol

I can't even drink the drip they have here. It has something in it that rips my stomach in half.

I have my own coffee pot here so I can make it however I want. It really pisses me off when I run out of filters though.

gettin wine drizunk tonight. WOO WEEE!

Me too. :)

Do you have a finished size & port for the box yet? If so what? Curious to see how they model in them.

24x2.5 and I don't remember what it came to exactly but I would like to say 61.5 inches long. It's sticking out in my mind as correct.

The chamber for the woofer should be real close to 16cuf after bracing and woofer.

Single driver?

Power?

HP, LP, SS filters available?

For starters. 16cuft, tuned to 12.25Hz is about what you cited above. Port air velocity peaks at 10.5Hz at 24m/s which many would say could go higher as it isn't in the acoustic range by 20Hz you are down to 6m/s :)

Cone excursion also will kill your driver at full power below 10.5Hz, but a simple HP/SS will solve that and could allow you to run significantly more power or a larger box. Secondary peak is 26mm at 18Hz which leaves some room.

118dB out rolling to 113 at 12Hz (no room gain included) but decently smooth response. Some parametric could easily flatten this out and you have excursion room so some sort of processor would benefit the response but could be added later.

PLEASE double check my T/S, this is just what I had put in a long time ago and I never looked to see if it is for your driver, but think so IIRC.

Response curve.

winisddelete.jpg

Any possibility of making the port more square? If you could, I would.

You'd only muddle if you put the lime with skin and such in there. No need in a gita IMO.

Use fresh squeezed, much better :) Grand Marnier or Cointreau are much better than Triple sec, and either way it should be half what the tequila amount is at most. The lime juice will depend on the limes and so will the sweet syrup which is necessary with under-ripe (read all) limes.

I've heard the "right way" to make it is 7:4:3 tequila/sec/lime, although my personal favorite is the 3:2:1 variety

I almost always use key limes instead of the Persian variety

using simple syrup never even crossed my mind

True, YELLOW Key Limes FTMFW! I love a genuine Key lime pie, green shit isn't as good D:

Only problem with that is that fresh squeezed >>> bottled and good luck getting keys year round. Add to that they are a bitch to juice and I'll stick with limes for my drinks.

Our local grocers (well, the ones in the big cities, at least) are pretty good about having key limes available year 'round

speaker go BOOM!

The T/S is CLOSE. Not exactly what I have though.

# Fs: 17.4 Hz

# Le: 4.0mH

# Re: 3.8 Ohms (Voice Coils wired in series)

# Qms: 3.62

# Qes: .42

# Qts: 0.37

# Mms: 525g

# Cms: 0.16 mm/N

# Vas: 313L

# Sd: 1182 cm^2

# BL: 22.9

# X-max: 32mm

# Pmax: 1500W

# SPL: 87.8 db/1W/1M

I'm really ticked off that I didn't put any numbers down digitally. When doing my math in my mind here from memory it would be 69, but I know that's not right. I calculated to the nearest .25 of an inch to get the 12hz.

I can't really make the vent any taller.... :(

Or rather I can, but it would require 4 new cut sheets per box basically.... and then a MUCH longer vent due to a big area increase.

Sean I am missfiring in my brain all over the place. I read what you said as making the 2.5"(H) more and not changing the 24"(W). In case you didn't mean that, I could make the port more square I supose and keep the area the same, I would just not go from left side to right side as a slot port does. I guess it wouldn't affect the chamber enough to make too much of a difference.

i hate when that happens!!! what a drag! lol

Yeah, stinks. But I can suck it up for a day or two.

I can't even drink the drip they have here. It has something in it that rips my stomach in half.

We have a few coffee machines here. I have been using the Keurig as of late, with the little Caribou coffee. :)