mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just spent an hour walking a guy through setting up his fish finder for his boat. I love my job!

What kind of finder?

Fish finder. Also called a Chart Plotter/Sonar Unit. A Lowrance HDS-5 and HDS-7 to be specific. If you'd like I can explain in more detail.

Detail not necessary. I have an LCX-19c but have been thinking of upgrading. When I asked I didn't realize you worked with Lowrance :)

Thats a good unit. If looking to upgrade I'd say go with the largest screen HDS unit you can afford and add the Structure Scan for Side Imaging and the advanced Downscan. Hummingbird have some good products as well, however, they are a little bit behind as far as technology is concerned when comparing the 2.

I am not a Hummingbird guy. Do you get deals on HDS stuff?

Just spent an hour walking a guy through setting up his fish finder for his boat. I love my job!

What kind of finder?

Fish finder. Also called a Chart Plotter/Sonar Unit. A Lowrance HDS-5 and HDS-7 to be specific. If you'd like I can explain in more detail.

Detail not necessary. I have an LCX-19c but have been thinking of upgrading. When I asked I didn't realize you worked with Lowrance :)

Thats a good unit. If looking to upgrade I'd say go with the largest screen HDS unit you can afford and add the Structure Scan for Side Imaging and the advanced Downscan. Hummingbird have some good products as well, however, they are a little bit behind as far as technology is concerned when comparing the 2.

I am not a Hummingbird guy. Do you get deals on HDS stuff?

Maybe.

Edited by Goddyd4me

I am officially a grandpa. That is disturbing.

Congrats :)

Snowshoes:

amgwinter.jpg

Finally !

I've seen those exact rims on an ML350 a couple days ago. They look good in person :)

38* today, took advantage of the good weather and gave the car a quick wash. I hate salt.

omg Ass n Titties that brings me back :roflmao:

Back then girls worn tight jeans, now though is seems guys wear them. The change of times I guess.

If you were a UKish punk rawker then all fella sported way too tight jeans.

I was in the USA and in high school in 92 wearing baggy jeans :)

Me too.

:) the old days

One of "those" gues huh Neil.

Yes ;)

now all you need is some front window tint

Snowshoes:

amgwinter.jpg

Sean that is one SWEET ASS RIDE!

Someday maybe.

Damn UPS broke it!

P1000157-2.jpg

Congratulations! Hopefully someday I will be as well, but I do hope it is 30 years from now :)

But then you will be too old to hold the baby

Congrats :)

Thanks!

:sleepwerd4:

Congrats Seth! I cringe at the thought of my son aging.

I need a couple people to test a new forum/blog function on my site. Anyone interested?

If so, go to www.kandmcomputers.com and click on the wall on the right hand side and start posting. Not sure how well it will work as its a new feature. Not sure if you will have to register or not.

And, FUCK YOU MIKE OF TULSA, YOU PIECE OF CARAUDIO.COM SHIT!

hopefully nothing happen to his sale..

Sale of what?

i believe he has a thread in the for sale section. 2 tasty mj 18's that i wish i had a house to put them in

i dont know if we have any musically inclined guys who frequent the HOP but if you are, im thinking about learning guitar... i've been thinking about it for quite a long time and im pretty determined to learn. im a big gamer and after seeing the new rock band game actually releasing a guitar through fender that is a working guitar as well as an actual controller (basically there are sensors along the neck of the guitar to detect your fingers)made me interested in giving it a try. trust me if i spent half the time i usually spend playing COD or halo on learning guitar it would not take long to learn at all..

of course the price is a bit ridiculous considering you need the guitar @ 280 bucks, game @ 30-40 bucks used, and a midi adapter @ 40 bucks.

im sure some of you might be turned off to the price but what are your opinions?

No game will teach you how to play. If you want to learn, start with classical.

The real question is long term what are your goals...

just looking to pick it up as a hobby, i'll continue doing it as long as its still entertaining to me. maybe it would be better to think of the game as a learning tool. the songs you play use the exact cords, etc as "real life".

my dad has a classical (or acoustic guitar) in the house somewhere, i would have to see if it is in working condition but it might make for a better starting point then 300 dollars in gear.

What do you want to play?

My reasoning for classical is a bit unfair. It is by far the hardest instrument to play in the world in that regard, but it will make it super easy to play ANY rock song. I took classical guitar lessons from the time I was 6 throughout high school. I never really held any other type of guitar until 8th grade, but within a week of dicking around on an axe I had picked up more songs than all the other "band" members in our school and was put on stage a week later. It was super easy to make the transition. Throughout high school & college, I played guitar in a stage band (big band covers), a Metallica cover band, a reggae band, a classic rock band, all with never really needing to practice anything. A few bouts through any song and I was fine....the exception being Jazz. Holy shit is comping chords fast hard and nearly exclusively the reason I listen to so much of it. Everything else is just simple. A Jazz start is better with classical though as you really need the theory. Had some fun in college too, took guitar/piano lessons from Ray Charles's pianist. :)

sounds like you got quite the head start on me with music.

are big hands required for the classical guitar, looks like you need some ape hands to play that bitch.

No. Some crazy ass Spaniards with dinky hands dominate that scene.

Quite a bit ahead of everyone that I know in that regard. You've seen Ferris B's day off? Cameron's parents and mine were similar except mine had no money but had very strong beliefs on development.

not familiar with the film (its 4 years older then me lol). from reading a summary of the movie i know a few friends from grade school with parents who were more along those lines with raising their kids. i was always a pretty smart kid so i think my parents didn't worry about development,etc. they were pretty much useless by the time i got to the greater than and less than symbols :lmao:

what's really hilarious is that they really dont know what physics is or understand how that translates to a job.. i told them its kind of like engineering and they equate that with making big money lol

i tried the drums in 4th or 5th grade. wasn't my thing i guess.

i think ill start by getting my dad's old acoustic restrung and give it a shot? its an ugly ass guitar so if i decide to stick with it i'll be back with more question on purchasing my own, ill post some pics later.

what do you think? any recommendations on how to get started? sources for learning the basics,etc?

true, true :P

its some random math course required for the nuke degree program; basic algebra, nothing entirely difficult

whats your major peng?

associate's in Nuclear Power Technology; my bachelor's in Management isn't doing dick for me so I figure I might try out the family business

Family is nuc'ers?

Father was a navy nuke before getting hired at the plant, and my uncle also works out there; with the same bloodline as two of the most senior operators/training instructors out there hopefully I can get my foot in the door :roflmao:

im working on a bs in physics. my university is located close to a nuclear plant outside Berwick,PA and a rather large hospital, Geisinger medical center, which is great for people getting a degree in Health Physics but im not very interested in that field.

I have a BA in Physics, lol with a minor in Acoustics. No matter what field of Physics you do APPLIED should be in the word as your income potential and possible fits skyrocket. ALL of the super effective developers that I know have Physics degrees and not engineering.

great to hear, i really need to nail down fields i'm interested in soon. its a bit embarrassing to tell people i have no idea what the fuck im going to do with my life as a junior in college. lately i've been just telling people im thinking about grad school... which shuts up most of my relatives as they have no fucking clue as to what im doing

And, FUCK YOU MIKE OF TULSA, YOU PIECE OF CARAUDIO.COM SHIT!

hopefully nothing happen to his sale..

Sale of what?

i believe he has a thread in the for sale section. 2 tasty mj 18's that i wish i had a house to put them in

Wait... Ryan was selling 2 MJ-18's??? The damn thread should have been deleted because it was NOT mentioned in the H0P first!

great to hear, i really need to nail down fields i'm interested in soon. its a bit embarrassing to tell people i have no idea what the fuck im going to do with my life as a junior in college. lately i've been just telling people im thinking about grad school... which shuts up most of my relatives as they have no fucking clue as to what im doing

Haha. First year of grad school and I still don't know what the heck I'm doing.

true, true :P

its some random math course required for the nuke degree program; basic algebra, nothing entirely difficult

whats your major peng?

associate's in Nuclear Power Technology; my bachelor's in Management isn't doing dick for me so I figure I might try out the family business

Family is nuc'ers?

Father was a navy nuke before getting hired at the plant, and my uncle also works out there; with the same bloodline as two of the most senior operators/training instructors out there hopefully I can get my foot in the door :roflmao:

im working on a bs in physics. my university is located close to a nuclear plant outside Berwick,PA and a rather large hospital, Geisinger medical center, which is great for people getting a degree in Health Physics but im not very interested in that field.

I have a BA in Physics, lol with a minor in Acoustics. No matter what field of Physics you do APPLIED should be in the word as your income potential and possible fits skyrocket. ALL of the super effective developers that I know have Physics degrees and not engineering.

Not knocking Engineering. In fact I was supposed to go to Columbia for my Masters, made it into a 3-2 program freshman year but managed to be distracted by women, beer, and the college experience. I have mixed feelings as I am very pro-education, but regrettably I wouldn't be where I am today had I done that. Sales/Management is a better fit for me than any engineering ever would be.

engineering is a big focus in the physic department here, since we are small school they focus some of the class to meet standards required in the 3+2 engineering program. our 3+2 program is with Penn State for most of their engineering degrees. i was actually planning to do mechanical engineering my freshman year but decided i like the diversity of a physics degree more. and my gpa wasn't (and still isn't) close to the required 3.5 (a 3.5 is required for mechanical and aerospace, a 3.0 satisfies for most of the rest)

because of the focus to prepare engineering students 3 professors are doing addition single credit "independent studies" next semester on the topics of quantum mechanics, math methods for physics, and mechanics. i'm taking all three next semester assuming the paper work went through...

we dont have an acoustics minor here unfortunately, not even an acoustics class :(