mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Second most important thing to actually having a gun is to know what you are doing with it. Go take some classes, a intro class, talk with intelligent people, and take some actual training classes.

Standing in standard Sorel Pack boots outside without a shelter and 45 min and your feet are frozen. I've been out for 8 hours at a pop and nothing in the Rocky's

Link to said epic rocky boots?

Please and thank you.

Way to make yourself 6'9" trink40.gif. Are you talking about these? Rocky Boots. Those aren't too bad of a price at all.

quoted so I can remember the link and because I am impatient to see the next page.

:D

So what makes them 10 second amps? Why can't you run them daily?

Board traces, rated power versus mosfets, torroidals, among other things. Heck if we (a friend and I) get our hands on one sd16k we'll post everything :)

I <3 my buddies 16K, no problems with it and it's run daily at 4 ohms and 1 ohm for competition

Speaking of guns, I'm wanting to buy a revolver for protection/range shooting. Anything special I should look for besides something that fits well?

Why revolver if I may ask?

Are you new to hand guns?

Also are you married and if so will she ever be in a situation where she needs it?

And finally, price limit?

Also if this is for home defence buy a Super Nova Pump action in 12 gauge and then you can pop off any 12 gauge shotgun ammo you may find. The shotgun is the BEST home defence weapon.

A revolver because I'd like it to be able to be untouched for 10 years, pull it out and still fire without my hands exploding. Not new to hand guns, although the largest I've shot handgun wise is a .45. Not married, it will happen someday so it must be lady friendly. Price...$1.00-$250.00.

To the fellas that suggested a shotgun, I have plenty experience in that field so I can choose one ;)

I think 1200 or 1400gram thinsulate is what they have as well. Beastly.

good lord 3 pounds of thinsulate? makes my knees hurt just thinking about that

still laughing my ass off at the people in the area complaining about overnight lows in the upper 20's :roflmao:

They are for standing, not walking.

Hmmm, never heard of footwear used only for standing before :roflmao:

Is it too early to get drunk?

Not to early at all.:) What are we drinking?

Roederer. Holidays scream for Champagne

You turning me on to Roderer is great. So thanks again. Surdyks ALWAS has a good sale on the sauce, and almost anything under that lable is yummy. Price v flavor and sparkle is really great.

I buy other cheep stuff for memosas, but I can drink 2-3 bottles of roderer mah self.

I drank at least that during the holidays :) Hate to tell you I bought it for $14 a bottle...but I had a very short temporary hook up. Loaded up the basement though.

Nice deal. Was that the california estate? I was at 17 bucks I think.

.38 special with +P hollowpoints should do nicely

or .357 Magnum since it can fire .357 and .38 ammo

Shotgun + 00 buck rounds.

And for the love of baby Jesus, don't get one without a stock on it. Make sure it has a friggin stock, not just a pistol grip.

Mines P grip with folding stock.

.38 special with +P hollowpoints should do nicely

or .357 Magnum since it can fire .357 and .38 ammo

If you have to have a revolver, go that route.

Ryan2 turned me on to some info about autos and gun myths about them not working if they sit and it's all bunk. Find a reliable weapon that is an auto if you want a pistol for home defence.

At this point the only reason I would want a revolver is when I want a lot of weight for the sole reason of chewing up recoil from the BIG rounds .44mag, .460, or .500 or something else equaly as awesome. As in if I'm hiking in an area that has dangerous animals, or if I'm hunting engine blocks.

An auto will be more repeatable IMHO.

At this point the only reason I would want a revolver is when I want a lot of weight for the sole reason of chewing up recoil from the BIG rounds .44mag, .460, or .500 or something else equaly as awesome. As in if I'm hiking in an area that has dangerous animals, or if I'm hunting engine blocks.

Even with a 7" Redhawk, .44 mag Hornady JHP hunting rounds kick like a freaking mule; can't imagine what a .460 or .500 S&W would do

.44 mag in a 20" carbine is pretty fun though :D

First proper snow-fall of the year.

And just in time, short wheeling trip planned on Wednesday or Thursday, more snow = less mud, which is excellent.

All we got was lots of rain. :/

Skyline sux.

:ughdunno:

Save it for Netflix.

tumblr_ldgryfirVO1qzft56o1_250.gif

I see Adrian in here....

Never answered my question!

repost.gif

Red/orange/green/lightblue.

Even with a 7" Redhawk, .44 mag Hornady JHP hunting rounds kick like a freaking mule; can't imagine what a .460 or .500 S&W would do

.44 mag in a 20" carbine is pretty fun though :D

Odly with the father in laws dirty hairy mag I can put them through the same hole sOOOOoooo well. However the cocking action makes it take 3 or maybe 4 times longer to line up. If you don't cock it though the pull is so long it throws the shot all katerwhompus.

So if I only need a max of 1 shot or if I'm working in the under 7' away range, I'll take the biggest hand cannon I can.

But the cost of these revolvers is SO huge, and the cost of ammo is prohibitive unless you reload and then the upfront cost is even more. You could find a reasonable .44mag I suppose, but that Super Nova has been on sale for under 400 a few times with free stuff thrown in.

So unless I needed a something super small form factor and had the money and the reloading machine, well then 12 gauge it is.

TSO is coming tomorrow again

<<Gets paid to watch them, then back to hockey for weekend games.

I see Adrian in here....

Never answered my question!

repost.gif

Wait wait, I think I did. Duran even quoted me ?

Ask me again, sorry !

Save it for Netflix.

Seems like an Independence Day themed film...