mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Well..........I may be home earlier than I aintisipated.......

Leaves me with mixed feelings.

J

Hurry up already, SO we can sling so ink. :)

Your on my visitor list man. I got 2 1/2 sleeves for ya to do some work on......Its gonna be a grip of work.

J

J

Your on my visitor list man. I got 2 1/2 sleeves for ya to do some work on......Its gonna be a grip of work.

J

Good thing I am a Marathon tattoo artist. ;)

J

J

Good thing I am a Marathon tattoo artist. ;)

Works for me.

I definatly can sit still for awhile.

J

So I spent a little more time with the Giant Rincon that I found. I spent $3.50 on a tire tube and now I have a bike with 3 gears and a front brake. The rear gear shifter is fubared so the rear derailleur keeps it in the top gear (smallest sprocket) at all times. I also found out it is a 2007 model and while riding I found out the front shock actually does work.

I was looking on the internet and I can get a new set of shifters for about $28. I was highly considering getting them and having a nice cheap bike to ride around.

Cheap shifters don't shift.

Is it the derailleur or the actually shifter/brifter?

Its really the line between the shifter and the derailleur that is messed up, but the shifters were bashed up pretty good so i figured they were cheap enough to totally replace. I really need new lines too

Wow slow in here today.

Slooooow TOP!

General Motors is ready to bring some muscle to the Chinese market. For the past 44 years, we've called it the Camaro. China, however, will get the bad Bowtie two-door wearing a new name. It will be called the Ke Mai Luo (科迈罗), which GM insists is a "sonorous Chinese name."

Chev-lo-ret Kah-mal-oh

Was the thread about SM's tool deleted? :D

Not deleted, just locked.

Couldn't find it in the recent post nor in his posts.

Whatever...

Fuck getting down to the wife has me and the mrs both pricky

J

So I spent a little more time with the Giant Rincon that I found. I spent $3.50 on a tire tube and now I have a bike with 3 gears and a front brake. The rear gear shifter is fubared so the rear derailleur keeps it in the top gear (smallest sprocket) at all times. I also found out it is a 2007 model and while riding I found out the front shock actually does work.

I was looking on the internet and I can get a new set of shifters for about $28. I was highly considering getting them and having a nice cheap bike to ride around.

I must of missed it..... where did you score the bike?

I left my girlfriends apt one day and there was a 2007 Giant Rincon laying next to the dumpster with deflated and removed back wheel, crooked handle bars, locked up rear brakes and the shifters looked like they had been through it, but I picked it up anyway.

So far I've put it back together, bought a $3.50 tube, straightened the handlebars (they weren't bent but out of alignment per say) and now I have a bike with three working front gears. Considering replacing the shifters so I can fix the rear brakes and shifting.

Was the thread about SM's tool deleted? :D

Not deleted, just locked.

Couldn't find it in the recent post nor in his posts.

Whatever...

Just moved.

Random ?

How does Stetsom have an 'Official' board on here and on CACO?

J

Random ?

How does Stetsom have an 'Official' board on here and on CACO?

J

Seeing that we are an Authorized dealer.....

Doing a little research for a class project.

Do any of you guys know a safe product (like water) that readily vaporizes and expands but does not combust under high temperatures? One that absorbs more heat and expands more than water is more advantageous.

Gasoline? Alcohol?

What do you mean by safe and how high of a temp.

It looks like water will be the best bet. We are looking into "designing" a six-stroke cycle engine for diesel engines. We wanted to add an additional injector and port to inject a liquid on the six stroke to absorb heat and expand to get a little bit of work out of the stroke. The additional port will be an exhaust for the liquid (now gaseous) that will go through a heat exchanger, condense back to liquid state to be re-injected later.

The whole point of this design is to reduce heat in order to increase compression or some other design point to increase efficiency as well as get a bit of work from the extra strokes for more efficiency.

From my research it looks like a water/glycol may be necessary to prevent oxidation of aluminum components in an engine. The glycol mixture will be kept to a minimum as it reduces water's effectiveness to dissipate heat. Not sure how small amounts of glycol would react being injected directly into an engine or if that would have some kind of consequences if the residual glycol was combusted in the chamber on the following power stroke

It looks like water will be the best bet. We are looking into "designing" a six-stroke cycle engine for diesel engines. We wanted to add an additional injector and port to inject a liquid on the six stroke to absorb heat and expand to get a little bit of work out of the stroke. The additional port will be an exhaust for the liquid (now gaseous) that will go through a heat exchanger, condense back to liquid state to be re-injected later.

The whole point of this design is to reduce heat in order to increase compression or some other design point to increase efficiency as well as get a bit of work from the extra strokes for more efficiency.

From my research it looks like a water/glycol may be necessary to prevent oxidation of aluminum components in an engine. The glycol mixture will be kept to a minimum as it reduces water's effectiveness to dissipate heat. Not sure how small amounts of glycol would react being injected directly into an engine or if that would have some kind of consequences if the residual glycol was combusted in the chamber on the following power stroke

interesting design, very cool

7" of snow this morning :WTFBubble: