mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

SO I've been working the Jazz on Pandora.

I'm feeling Charles mingus. I even created my own station. It's upbeat and jammy.

I like Coletrane too, but his music is all over the board, so it's hard to say what I like.

I should have been writing down the names of songs I liked but I forgot.

Boune by CHarles Mingus is on now and it's pretty awesome, but the trumpet is a bit too IN YO FACE but I like the upbeat jam type sound.

Mingus can be all over the place too, but I bet Pandora has a very limited collection. Sounds like more of his classics before he went avant garde, err defined it.

I have the Pandora thing on my phone now. Suggestions on jazz?

Have a ton, but that is like asking for suggestions on Rock except there are even more mini-genre's. :fing34:

What do you think you might like?

I really have not idea what I like. Throw up some of your top names and I will add them to my list to start listening to.

How about an instrument?

No operating system is worth the price hikes Apple imposes

I'm feeling Charles mingus. I even created my own station. It's upbeat and jammy.

I like Coletrane too, but his music is all over the board, so it's hard to say what I like.

Boune by CHarles Mingus is on now and it's pretty awesome, but the trumpet is a bit too IN YO FACE but I like the upbeat jam type sound.

Mingus can be all over the place too, but I bet Pandora has a very limited collection. Sounds like more of his classics before he went avant garde, err defined it.

Have a ton, but that is like asking for suggestions on Rock except there are even more mini-genre's. :fing34:

I really have not idea what I like. Throw up some of your top names and I will add them to my list to start listening to.

How about an instrument?

Saxophone and chello.

How about an instrument?

Saxophone and chello.

Interesting. Not so many cello players in Jazz. Oscar Pettiford probably being the most serious, although you'll grab some of him on bass too. Ray Brown briefly played cello on a few albums as well. You may also like Yo Yo Ma as a cellist. Some of his recordings are fun. Saw him live with Bobby McFerrin a while back and it was quite a show.

Sax is much easier, but many more styles. Sort of like guitar is to rock...

Old school big band - Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker

Modern/Fusiony - Coltrane, Ornette Coleman, Wayne Shorter, Eric Dolphy

Classic - Bill Evans, Stan Getz, Sonny Rollins

Nintendo Literally didn't design new hardware with the Wii.

They just sell it differently. No one dumps on them for being sheisty. They don't release a new Wii every 6 months with only marginal improvement either though.

I'm just saying that Apple isn't out and out making false claims about their product, and if some A hole is willing to pay more for design then so be it. If someone pays more for a 911 that can't keep up with a fox body stang, well then that's their issue. Both get from point A to B and the more expencive gets OWNED by the cheeper version.

I'm just saying that Apple isn't out and out making false claims about their product

Plenty of assholes do it for them

Got everything setup on my $30 bike :)

Phone is being lame so pics soon

Edit:

IMG_20110329_215056.jpg

New shifters with new brake lines and brakes. Shifts really well (on road) and stops on a dime (Koolstop MTB Pads)

The front suspension may such, but I'm ready to get out and ride it!

Get a real saddle for god's sake, you can't sit on that gel shit. It'll fuck up your ass.

Ha ha. I rode it around for a few miles and that saddle was more painful than my road bike's.

How about an instrument?

Saxophone and chello.

Interesting. Not so many cello players in Jazz. Oscar Pettiford probably being the most serious, although you'll grab some of him on bass too. Ray Brown briefly played cello on a few albums as well. You may also like Yo Yo Ma as a cellist. Some of his recordings are fun. Saw him live with Bobby McFerrin a while back and it was quite a show.

Sax is much easier, but many more styles. Sort of like guitar is to rock...

Old school big band - Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker

Modern/Fusiony - Coltrane, Ornette Coleman, Wayne Shorter, Eric Dolphy

Classic - Bill Evans, Stan Getz, Sonny Rollins

Thanks Sean. Listening to them now. All are good!

I'm just saying that Apple isn't out and out making false claims about their product

LOL TRUTH!

anyone see Sucker Punch yet?

I was happy to see Bjork get some Holly wood movie play. Hope it helps her sell a few million.

Ha ha. I rode it around for a few miles and that saddle was more painful than my road bike's.

ALWAYS. Soft is never as comfortable as hard. If it is you don't bike enough and the cure is to compare on a couple 30 mile+ rides.

They just sell it differently. No one dumps on them for being sheisty.

That is because Nintendo executives have stated on several occasions they have no intention of competing feature for feature with Sony and Microsoft and their main focus is on entertainment and fun.

For example, both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 were designed from the get go as media centers. Both have hard drives, both play DVD movies (PS3 also plays Blu-Ray), music CD's, both are capable of accessing media on networked computers, and most recently Microsoft has teamed up with AT&T so that with a U-Verse account you can use your Xbox 360 as a whole home DVR. The Wii is incapable of playing music CD's or DVD movies, and has neither a hard drive nor media browsing capabilities.

Apple on the other hand, just smirks and says "we're the best thing PERIOD. Deal with it."

Steve does more than his fair share in these Apple Events he stages

ALWAYS. Soft is never as comfortable as hard. If it is you don't bike enough and the cure is to compare on a couple 30 mile+ rides.

with that seat, no thanks. Any ideas for seats? I was thinking about just sitting around until something popped up.

They just sell it differently. No one dumps on them for being sheisty.

That is because Nintendo executives have stated on several occasions they have no intention of competing feature for feature with Sony and Microsoft and their main focus is on entertainment and fun.

For example, both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 were designed from the get go as media centers. Both have hard drives, both play DVD movies (PS3 also plays Blu-Ray), music CD's, both are capable of accessing media on networked computers, and most recently Microsoft has teamed up with AT&T so that with a U-Verse account you can use your Xbox 360 as a whole home DVR. The Wii is incapable of playing music CD's or DVD movies, and has neither a hard drive nor media browsing capabilities.

Apple on the other hand, just smirks and says "we're the best thing PERIOD. Deal with it."

I know, nintendo switched gears based on the methods from Blue Ocean. Summing up that you can either suck at a bunch of things or kick tail at one thing and 'tendo is kick butt at "fun".

Apple kicks butt at design and fasion. Nothing wrong with that.

Fast and no maintenance don't go hand in hand.

Yes they do. . . . FORD.

Congrats on unloading the time bomb.

Evos are known for that

4g63 go boom ?

I never thought they were unreliable...

Fast and no maintenance don't go hand in hand.

Yes they do. . . . FORD.

Ford is WINNING all over the place.

They always have.

anyone see Sucker Punch yet?

I was happy to see Bjork get some Holly wood movie play. Hope it helps her sell a few million.

Going to wait until it comes out on blu-ray.

with that seat, no thanks. Any ideas for seats? I was thinking about just sitting around until something popped up.

Is your road bike seat really comfortable or does it rub you wrong?

You could always go to a store that has a fit kit and have them measure your ass bones.

Or there are stores here that let you "check out" different saddles. IE you buy a used one and return it to try out different shapes. You want it hard as hell with just a little pad where the two bones of your ass sit. And of course, ball relief as needed. Definitely put on cycling shorts before sitting/comparing.