mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Lol $100, you can't buy a used pos for that. About where trainers start, but go easily up to near $1k. If you want skill and balance get a roller, others a simple fluid damped is fine for a start. And with ALL exercise equipment PLEASE buy used.

100 would be for a road/trail pos bike. A lot more if it was soley indoors.

I don't 'need' high performance.

J

No one does, comfort is ALWAYS step one. If you aren't comfortable you won't ride.

Even decent bikes from the mid-80's fetch $200+ though, so $100 just isn't realistic.

Damn..................I can see this will become more expensive than I thought. Lay it on me sean.

J

Spending coin T0P

J

New ipod hard-drive from China or from the US ? It's $30 vs $60..

Hmmm... decisions..

Eh I'd go china.

2 from China probably..

exactly lol.

both are Chinese made lol

I've bought so much Chinese "Oem" stuff, always got what i paid for haha.

:peepwall:

On another subject.. it just started POURING here in Wichita Falls Tx, I SWEAR we have our own weather... its crazy, hot as shit, cold as fuck, raining, dry. so tired :(

More progress:

IMG_0246_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Looks Awesome! Will it be painted to match the vehicle?

mmmm, 140 proof...sounds flammable

and sooo good

Hmmm... decisions..

Are you rebuilding them? If so let me know.

We have been buying shit ones and rebuilding them for use in our haunt. We may be able to help you out if you like.

More progress:

IMG_0246_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Looks Awesome! Will it be painted to match the vehicle?

Thank you !

I only have rattlecan paint at my disposal. It's all going to be flat black with accents to match the car.

The amp rack is already painted. Doesn't look awesome up-close :(

Hmmm... decisions..

We have been buying shit ones and rebuilding them for use in our haunt. We may be able to help you out if you like.

The HDD (MK2006 GAL) on mine took a dump. It's a 4th gen that I'm using only in the car.

Apart from just changing the drive and reinstalling the firmware anything else that needs to be done ?

Hmmm... decisions..

The HDD (MK2006 GAL) on mine took a dump. It's a 4th gen that I'm using only in the car.

Apart from just changing the drive and reinstalling the firmware anything else that needs to be done ?

I will let you know as soon as my partner (in the haunt) gets back to me. He does the work, I supply the money and he does this cheap.

Fuckin A..............lazy sunday

Hmmm... decisions..

I will let you know as soon as my partner (in the haunt) gets back to me. He does the work, I supply the money and he does this cheap.

:thanx:

Mk1 Golf's are ridiculously expensive after passing the 30 year mark :(

Lol $100, you can't buy a used pos for that. About where trainers start, but go easily up to near $1k. If you want skill and balance get a roller, others a simple fluid damped is fine for a start. And with ALL exercise equipment PLEASE buy used.

100 would be for a road/trail pos bike. A lot more if it was soley indoors.

I don't 'need' high performance.

J

No one does, comfort is ALWAYS step one. If you aren't comfortable you won't ride.

Even decent bikes from the mid-80's fetch $200+ though, so $100 just isn't realistic.

Damn..................I can see this will become more expensive than I thought. Lay it on me sean.

J

IMO this is a better style trainer:

http://www.amazon.com/Minoura-Action-Advantage-Rollers-Trainer/dp/B001JBNAK6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304263843&sr=8-2

but expect to fall when you are just starting out

This style is much easier to ride on, but only works on your spinning muscles:

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Motivator-Indoor-Bicycle-Trainer/dp/B000AAYBWS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304263886&sr=8-3

*and I didn't look at models to recommend, just showing styles of trainers

As for bikes, in a low budget scenario I'd be looking at newest for a steel bike from the early 90's. Depending on your size and how you fit I can surely help narrow that down, but $200-300 is a reasonable budget to get something reliable. If you buy a $200 bike at target you will wear out parts within your first 200 miles on the trainer which in reality should take less than 20 rides. No reason that someone even part way fit can't pull more than 15mph on a trainer, then it'd take less than 15 hours. An old school nice piece on the other hand will give you thousands of miles before and in between minor parts replacement.

2 from China probably..

Not probably, 100% although some components that are critical come from Malaysia. (also possible some major parts from Vietnam as a critical part supplier for them just put up a facility there last year). Either way, the only way they are different is if the advertised chinese drive didn't pass some of the end of line tests as well. Normally that stuff goes to Fry's so I'd bet it also stays in China.

Used to be made in CO, but that stopped 5 years ago.

Hmmm... decisions..

I have a dead one someone gave me because they figured I could fix it. Never looked at it in 2 years. Won't power on supposeedly

Buy a 29y old one. :P

And then sell in a year :P

Hmmm... decisions..

:thanx:

Have you tried doing a reset by holding the power button for 5 sec then plug in usb while holding the power button? If that does not work let me know because we will have to do it the hard way. How many gig do you have open?

Hmmm... decisions..

I have a dead one someone gave me because they figured I could fix it. Never looked at it in 2 years. Won't power on supposeedly

What gen is it? If it is a 4th then try what I just posted and let me know.