mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

:)

At another bounce party.

At another bounce party.

I saw that. The little man looks like he is having fun with those gloves on.

2 from China probably..

Not probably, 100% although some components that are critical come from Malaysia. (also possible some major parts from Vietnam as a critical part supplier for them just put up a facility there last year). Either way, the only way they are different is if the advertised chinese drive didn't pass some of the end of line tests as well. Normally that stuff goes to Fry's so I'd bet it also stays in China.

The seller is from China, forgot to mention that.

Version sold in the US has 90 days warranty, which is a bit more comforting compared to China.

Buy a 29y old one. :P

And then sell in a year :P

I wish...

Seems like Mk2's will be the same...

Time to track one down.

taking everything out of the kitchen cabinets to spray with insecticide...fun

New ipod hard-drive from China or from the US ? It's $30 vs $60..

Hmmm... decisions..

Are you rebuilding them? If so let me know.

We have been buying shit ones and rebuilding them for use in our haunt. We may be able to help you out if you like.

The HDD (MK2006 GAL) on mine took a dump. It's a 4th gen that I'm using only in the car.

Apart from just changing the drive and reinstalling the firmware anything else that needs to be done ?

I will let you know as soon as my partner (in the haunt) gets back to me. He does the work, I supply the money and he does this cheap.

:thanx:

Have you tried doing a reset by holding the power button for 5 sec then plug in usb while holding the power button? If that does not work let me know because we will have to do it the hard way. How many gig do you have open?

I tried everything. Even did a hard reset, then started the HDD diagnostic test which never completed. It just clicks and clicks once I plug it in.

Our old 1980 MK1 still drives around town, with the same plates as when we had it :D

I'll have to ask the owner if he wants to sell it on teh cheap.

Ok Adrian, will let him know.

Mucho thanks !

Mucho thanks !

Sorry for the lag, but he is at work and I am out in about working today.

First layers of paint :woot:

IMG_0247_1.jpg

IMG_0248_1.jpg

IMG_0250_1.jpg

Seems like the first layer which was on the amp rack looked better after some wetsanding with 600 and a second layer of paint, so I'll end up doing 3-4 layers.

Right side enclosure is gloss to see if it looks any better than flat black.

Once everything is in the trunk, if you get close to look for defects you block the light so the defects are way less visible compared to having the enclosures and rack outside.

WOW looks great!

Ok step 2

Lets try cleaning you ear phone jack. Make sure the power is off and use a Q-tip with acetone just wet enough to wet the Q-tip and swab the inside of your ear phone jack. Let it set for about 15-20 minutes before turning back on.

More progress:

IMG_0246_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Looks Awesome! Will it be painted to match the vehicle?

Thank you !

I only have rattlecan paint at my disposal. It's all going to be flat black with accents to match the car.

The amp rack is already painted. Doesn't look awesome up-close :(

We are allways our own worst critics, It does have a WOW factor!

IMG_0247_1.jpg

IMG_0248_1.jpg

IMG_0250_1.jpg

Seems like the first layer which was on the amp rack looked better after some wetsanding with 600 and a second layer of paint, so I'll end up doing 3-4 layers.

Once everything is in the trunk, if you get close to look for defects you block the light so the defects are way less visible compared to having the enclosures and rack outside.

Definatly have seen some guys do some great stuff with rattle cans, you may be one of them, but with that type of quality work you should invest in a spraygun setup!

Ok step 2

Lets try cleaning you ear phone jack. Make sure the power is off and use a Q-tip with acetone just wet enough to wet the Q-tip and swab the inside of your ear phone jack. Let it set for about 15-20 minutes before turning back on.

Giving it a go tomorrow. Need to charge the battery first :peepwall:

Definatly have seen some guys do some great stuff with rattle cans, you may be one of them, but with that type of quality work you should invest in a spraygun setup!

I'm certainly not one that does great rattle can stuff :)

And you are right about a spray gun. It would have made life easier and paint more consistent. Way too much effort for paint though.

Lol $100, you can't buy a used pos for that. About where trainers start, but go easily up to near $1k. If you want skill and balance get a roller, others a simple fluid damped is fine for a start. And with ALL exercise equipment PLEASE buy used.

100 would be for a road/trail pos bike. A lot more if it was soley indoors.

I don't 'need' high performance.

J

No one does, comfort is ALWAYS step one. If you aren't comfortable you won't ride.

Even decent bikes from the mid-80's fetch $200+ though, so $100 just isn't realistic.

Damn..................I can see this will become more expensive than I thought. Lay it on me sean.

J

IMO this is a better style trainer:

http://www.amazon.com/Minoura-Action-Advantage-Rollers-Trainer/dp/B001JBNAK6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304263843&sr=8-2

but expect to fall when you are just starting out

This style is much easier to ride on, but only works on your spinning muscles:

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Motivator-Indoor-Bicycle-Trainer/dp/B000AAYBWS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304263886&sr=8-3

*and I didn't look at models to recommend, just showing styles of trainers

As for bikes, in a low budget scenario I'd be looking at newest for a steel bike from the early 90's. Depending on your size and how you fit I can surely help narrow that down, but $200-300 is a reasonable budget to get something reliable. If you buy a $200 bike at target you will wear out parts within your first 200 miles on the trainer which in reality should take less than 20 rides. No reason that someone even part way fit can't pull more than 15mph on a trainer, then it'd take less than 15 hours. An old school nice piece on the other hand will give you thousands of miles before and in between minor parts replacement.

Odd ? but what about the Jeep branded bikes? I ask beacuse my old man has one. Has had it about 10 years, and does at least 20 miles a week in the summer with zero issues.

And I like the spinners. Cheaper than I expected too.

J

New ipod hard-drive from China or from the US ? It's $30 vs $60..

Hmmm... decisions..

Are you rebuilding them? If so let me know.

We have been buying shit ones and rebuilding them for use in our haunt. We may be able to help you out if you like.

I have a dead one someone gave me because they figured I could fix it. Never looked at it in 2 years. Won't power on supposeedly

What gen is it? If it is a 4th then try what I just posted and let me know.

<-- has no idea, nor a power cord :P

Lol $100, you can't buy a used pos for that. About where trainers start, but go easily up to near $1k. If you want skill and balance get a roller, others a simple fluid damped is fine for a start. And with ALL exercise equipment PLEASE buy used.

100 would be for a road/trail pos bike. A lot more if it was soley indoors.

I don't 'need' high performance.

J

No one does, comfort is ALWAYS step one. If you aren't comfortable you won't ride.

Even decent bikes from the mid-80's fetch $200+ though, so $100 just isn't realistic.

Damn..................I can see this will become more expensive than I thought. Lay it on me sean.

J

IMO this is a better style trainer:

http://www.amazon.com/Minoura-Action-Advantage-Rollers-Trainer/dp/B001JBNAK6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304263843&sr=8-2

but expect to fall when you are just starting out

This style is much easier to ride on, but only works on your spinning muscles:

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Motivator-Indoor-Bicycle-Trainer/dp/B000AAYBWS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304263886&sr=8-3

*and I didn't look at models to recommend, just showing styles of trainers

As for bikes, in a low budget scenario I'd be looking at newest for a steel bike from the early 90's. Depending on your size and how you fit I can surely help narrow that down, but $200-300 is a reasonable budget to get something reliable. If you buy a $200 bike at target you will wear out parts within your first 200 miles on the trainer which in reality should take less than 20 rides. No reason that someone even part way fit can't pull more than 15mph on a trainer, then it'd take less than 15 hours. An old school nice piece on the other hand will give you thousands of miles before and in between minor parts replacement.

Odd ? but what about the Jeep branded bikes? I ask beacuse my old man has one. Has had it about 10 years, and does at least 20 miles a week in the summer with zero issues.

And I like the spinners. Cheaper than I expected too.

J

Its the components that fail so that depends. If it is a mt style in general those are more robust, but poor quality stuff doesn't last

And even cheaper used, I bought my wife a spinner which she hasn't used.

Adrian, I like the gloss vs. flat

Ok step 2

Giving it a go tomorrow. Need to charge the battery first :peepwall:

Ok, just let me know if that helps.