mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Another beer it is.

ata boy. The cab would be brutal. W will come get me if I call, but I just got here. the booze is too good to loose.

I gotta grab some sailor, some kracken, and a few other things. Right not its just bombay sapphire gin, captain, gentleman jack, crown royal, chamborde, some sparkling wine, some regular wine, soco, alcohol infused whipped creme, and beer.

Jq

I literally cannot remember the last time I was sick. It's been so long. Maybe 5-6 years or more.

Haven't taken any pills either for that period.

Awesome.

one pill makes you larger, and the other one makes you small.

And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all.

one pill makes you larger, and the other one makes you small.

And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all.

Now I need to listen to the song.

All this talk of rum is making me thirsty, is it to early to have a drink?

Wait no it is never too early.

<-- learned to wakeboard when it was called skurfing because there was only one brand of board called a skurfer.

Hard as pucking shit to ride btw.

Two weeks ago I had never heard of wakesurfing. I now bought a boat thinking the primary thing I would do behind it is wakesurf :) Any hints on what I should look for in a board.

Do consider that I am 6'7" and 210lbs....

Boat has sacks already, and a dealer in town can set me up with another 750lbs for either side for $150 (I install)

What size shoe do you wear? If you've got huge feet you'll most likely want a wider board. What stance do you ride when you wakeboard as in binding positioning (for example left foot 12 degrees right 15 degrees)? If you duck your feet out a ton you might be able to get away with a normal width board. Generally speaking someone of your weight will want a longer board, maybe something like a 4'9". There are sizing charts available, but you'll have to decide which ones to trust. The rocker is up to you. If I were in your shoes I would look into buying used because a board of that size and width (if you needed it) is going to be EXPENSIVE. ToWanZa might have a good board for someone your size.

You should definitely look into a good pull rope for wakesurfing as well. When I learned how to do it I started on a normal wakeboard rope and when we finally got the proper rope it was much more fun. They're shorter and thicker so its easier to get to the good part of the wake. The handles are more comfy too if you're gonna be spending all day out there :)

I personally have always rode hyperlite because I get them free. Its what the store carried and that's what was given to me. They're not bad, but I suspect you can find something better for less. I've never joined one, but I think there are a few decent wakeboarding forums around that will have wakesurfing sections.

Sorry for the delayed response. That computer at work was pissing me off and I had a deadline to meet. I hope this somewhat helps you out. You're picking the right boat for it and the fat sacks are going to make it a lot of fun

Haven't been on a wakeboard that has ever really fit and that being said I pretty much just ride normal (ie left up). Its also been more than 13 years since I've been on one so its time to start with the right habits.

I'd love a used board. 2 reasons. 1 an easier board to ride at first I can't imagine will ever be what I want long term and also having a beginner board can't hurt for when others come with. Was leaning toward the HL Broadcast as I think I can pick up a used for nearly $100.

I wear a size 15, but even with my height, weight, & size I am nimble so I typically don't fit into the clydesdale sized shit

As for the research it is probably okay. The 23 LSV is Malibu's prime boat. Not their comp boat, but better for wakesurfing and many like its wake better as well. Ski's decent as well since the hull is so flat.

2004 was the first year, but the electronics were carry over so there isn't any bullshit to die. All ballast pumps are easily accessible and the motor is the proven 5.7. Indmar which isn't the quality that MC uses, but in 2004 it was hard to build a bad marine GM smallblock.

This one received full service yearly and a new transmission a year and a half ago. Full records and seems to be in stellar condition hull wise with only some dirt showing its been used on the inside. Owner bought it new, traded it into the same store on a 247 (biggest one) so I'd bet he is using it mostly for surfing as well as that boat can out wakesurf a Centurion Enzo which is the surf boat of choice atm. Means all the better to me as that says the boat has a ton of 10-12 mph time and some 22mph time and probably not a lot of WOT. Has extra racks for both types of boards which is a tell tale sign as well and the engine compartment panel was removed in one pic showing to me that he had extra ballast for surfing he took out.

Decent amps, tower speakers, nice rack, and a motor that works. No dings in the prop and all in all in good condition. Considering the next closest one I could work on in price was 20% more expensive in an uglier color its a no brainer to me. Gotta love a rich guy broker boat who is only selling barely above trade-in value :) and that negotiated on top.

It sounds pretty solid to me. I asked and got a similar answer about the motor. According to him Malibu's pretty competitive with MC. For what you're describing it sounds perfect. That's essentially what my family does and wakeboard boats have always been great for us. I don't spend much time listening to the audio system personally, but what the X-Star had last summer was pretty nice. I would imagine something like that would suffice for you.

That lake looks great BTW. Wouldn't have guessed that's Minnesnowta :P

I'll fix the ridiculous audio, karma has it that I never got around to selling my Pio 880 :)

I forgot to add a sizing guide. Did a quick search and this seems to be about right Sizing Guide. It's going to come down to personal preference, but this can at least get you started

Thanks, hard to sort through this for a noob and reading forums with NO background doesn't always help get things pointed in the right direction. More than willing to research but I love it when its shortened :)

<-- learned to wakeboard when it was called skurfing because there was only one brand of board called a skurfer.

Hard as pucking shit to ride btw.

Two weeks ago I had never heard of wakesurfing. I now bought a boat thinking the primary thing I would do behind it is wakesurf :) Any hints on what I should look for in a board.

Do consider that I am 6'7" and 210lbs....

Boat has sacks already, and a dealer in town can set me up with another 750lbs for either side for $150 (I install)

What size shoe do you wear? If you've got huge feet you'll most likely want a wider board. What stance do you ride when you wakeboard as in binding positioning (for example left foot 12 degrees right 15 degrees)? If you duck your feet out a ton you might be able to get away with a normal width board. Generally speaking someone of your weight will want a longer board, maybe something like a 4'9". There are sizing charts available, but you'll have to decide which ones to trust. The rocker is up to you. If I were in your shoes I would look into buying used because a board of that size and width (if you needed it) is going to be EXPENSIVE. ToWanZa might have a good board for someone your size.

You should definitely look into a good pull rope for wakesurfing as well. When I learned how to do it I started on a normal wakeboard rope and when we finally got the proper rope it was much more fun. They're shorter and thicker so its easier to get to the good part of the wake. The handles are more comfy too if you're gonna be spending all day out there :)

I personally have always rode hyperlite because I get them free. Its what the store carried and that's what was given to me. They're not bad, but I suspect you can find something better for less. I've never joined one, but I think there are a few decent wakeboarding forums around that will have wakesurfing sections.

Sorry for the delayed response. That computer at work was pissing me off and I had a deadline to meet. I hope this somewhat helps you out. You're picking the right boat for it and the fat sacks are going to make it a lot of fun

Sean is nearly 11' tall, so I'd say a size 22 shoe.

He also shoots fire from his eyes, and lightning from his ass.

:D

It's more like thunder, but it hurts like lightning

So it seems I have developed a taste for Mike's hard lemonade.

Most the people I know who have developed a taste for that have also developed a taste for penis.

I'd be careful with that stuff man.

I'll defend him a bit and say that ONE is tasty, two is palatable and three if fucking disgusting. Have to be uber thirsty and lime is the only real flavor.

I am an equal opportunity drunk...at least I'll try things once.

I really wish I could have beer.

Then come on over. I am sure I have something you would like and if not I will go buy it. :drink40:

No, I can't drink beer any more. I have Celiac disease.

He could buy you this:

http://www.bardsbeer.com/

If you came here I would to. I'd even attempt to cook anything you reqested. :)

I have had Sailor Jerry. Unfortunately, I do not handle alcohol very well, so I would be limited to pretty much one drink and done. I just finished a Wood Chuck and it's got me sleepy.

Check Crispin to see if there is gluten. Probably the best cider IMO. Once a year I'll have some on ice. :)

I used to handle my alcohol very well. I would regularly spend $200/weekend on Crown if that tells you anything. The past four years I've pretty much dwindled down to one or two beers a month and with the food bullshit now, I'm pretty much limited to wine and spirits and I've lost my ability to handle large volumes.

It tells me your tolerance was higher than mine. Hard to drink 4+ liters in a weekend :P If it was at a bar, I'm right there with you. Used to ONLY drink Crown, but it no longer gets me drunk (from my perspective) but of course my wife thinks I turn into an animal so prefers that I don't drink it. I really feel nothing and then whammo. Happy drunk for me, just not her.

I've got some of that Mount Gay rum to try soon.

J

I like Mount Gay, but Sailor wins for me. :)

Flora de Cana wins by far in that challenge.

All this talk of rum is making me thirsty, is it to early to have a drink?

Wait no it is never too early.

That is what the boat is for, perfect rationalization. "Well, I am on a boat"

Good to see the hop kickin again....although it isn't like I needed to make 10 posts in a row

I really wish I could have beer.

Then come on over. I am sure I have something you would like and if not I will go buy it. :drink40:

No, I can't drink beer any more. I have Celiac disease.

He could buy you this:

http://www.bardsbeer.com/

If you came here I would to. I'd even attempt to cook anything you reqested. :)

I will have to check to see if there is any of that around here.

So it seems I have developed a taste for Mike's hard lemonade.

Most the people I know who have developed a taste for that have also developed a taste for penis.

I'd be careful with that stuff man.

I'll defend him a bit and say that ONE is tasty, two is palatable and three if fucking disgusting. Have to be uber thirsty and lime is the only real flavor.

I am an equal opportunity drunk...at least I'll try things once.

Yes I have to agree drinking a couple is ok, but beer and malt beverages give me hartburn badly. Mostly the reason I enjoy drinking liquor.