mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Aaron, I cranked up the old PC (Thought I threw it away, but turns out I didn't) I still have Bionic and all that so let me know what I need to set up.

It's also on a more "stable" wired connection instead of wireless. I have had problems with my little USB wireless adapters overheating.

Wow, that is awesome news. THANK YOU! :) :)

No interest in ANY social networking site that is profession related.

I just set up the boinc for nfs at home leiden classical milky way@home, pime grid, the lattice project, sztaki desktop grid, seti@ home.

Thank you, that is awesome! :thanx:

just installing the boincs on the roomates PC. you're gonna have a bump in your computing pretty quick here hombre.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Every little bit counts, I promise.

Denim, I found the old PM that you had sent me and set it up with that. Going to go ahead and install it on my laptop, and get my other desktop kicking in the AM

This is exciting!!!! :thanx:

We'll proof a prime theory find intellegent life and decypher the rest of that genome thing in a few weeks.

:P

Any guess or idea on the difference between a Delphi MEFI computer and a EFI? Just realized my boat has a 350 Chevy, 9.4 to 1 compression, all forged internals, and I have a centrifugal supercharger in the basement. I know I can remap the engine, but am not sure what the difference of the map between marine and street is in the first place and I am sure the local dyno shops wouldn't either. Also probably silly to do it on a dyno and pull the motor when the load on the boat would be different. Figure an on water tune makes the most sense.

Can't go too wild as the boat will see a lot of 4000rpm running and even extended periods of 5200 (or close to). Also need to keep enough low end grunt to spin the prop to get on plane. Right now I have PLENTY of power, but have a prop that falls on its face at 38mph (or when I redline :P ), I'd like to put on a less aggressive prop and make up for it in power so that I can still get on plane quickly but gain some top end and more importantly improve my fuel efficiency at cruise due to dropping the rpm's with a different prop.

Figure slamming 8psi or so of boost on her would get me there with just a remap. In stock form she is 340hp/400ftlb so it is already cammed aggressive "enough" I would bet although I have no idea where I can find more details on what I have. Sucks its a GM as I know jack crap about them, but it ought to be cheap to replace anything that I need.

And the difference I guess I am wondering about isn't hardware as that part I've found a solution for but in the map itself.

I just set up the boinc for nfs at home leiden classical milky way@home, pime grid, the lattice project, sztaki desktop grid, seti@ home.

Is that fucking Chinese?

I never stick my dick in the moo goo gain pan.

It's Aarons number crunching programs through the BOINC distributed computing stuff. Hes got 8 New CPUs cores and 2 GPUs of stout power working on the team now.

:woot:

We'll proof a prime theory find intellegent life and decypher the rest of that genome thing in a few weeks.

:P

Einstein@home, that project has actually been really active with finding new or more pulsars, they use the massive dish that was formed into the mountain in Peru that people might remember from James Bond or Contact.

My blender >>> Sean's blender

What'd you get? And if you say Blendtec I'd disagree.

Gemco :)

More people need to start using Google+

I thought everyone gave up on me.

I just haven't had anything worth posting. I'm not big on social networking, but I do think Google did a pretty nice job with it

Anyone had experience with handle HFD's? That's a new term I coined meaning Huge Fucking Databases.

I have to handle second by second data for 10 trucks over the next year. I need to be able to organize it by Truck , Sample Interval (This number changes after every oil sample), Day of the year, and Run # for the day, etc....

I've loaded 2 runs into Excel for one truck on one day and I have over 34,000 lines of code already

I guess I should also include that the data is 2 sided. From the vehicle computer I am logging important engine data (RPM, etc...) From the Engine itself I am testing oil samples and logging the results (oxidation, nitration, metal concentration, etc...)

Mysql could probably handle it better then excel, and you can run it locally on the computer but access it on any other comp on the network.

I haven't used Google+ because i can't get laid on it, not because I gave up on you mr aaron

I guess I should also include that the data is 2 sided. From the vehicle computer I am logging important engine data (RPM, etc...) From the Engine itself I am testing oil samples and logging the results (oxidation, nitration, metal concentration, etc...)

Time to do some serious data reduction.

Time to do some serious data reduction.

Classic case of carefully define what you will do with what data and then get ride of the rest.

But we have data!!

*but we have no clue what to do with it*

what is an acceptable amount of voltage drop? stock alt and battery, 0 gauge to amp, and big 3 done (grounds are 2 awg, and alt to battery is a double run of 2 awg).

Better question is what is an acceptable lower voltage :)

What drop do you have and what are you using to measure it? (curious on the frequency response of the device and how fast it changes/drops)

i shouldn't post at 4 am. your right, that is what i ment to ask. monitoring the voltage with a stinger voltmeter. however, i just assumed it's response is fast enough for an accurate reading :peepwall: .

the voltage drop im getting varies by song, etc. this car's (04 sentra) idle must be pretty terrible, for example the AC powering ON drops the voltage to about 12.8v (according to the voltmeter). turning the head lights on causes a similar drop..

I haven't used Google+ because i can't get laid on it, not because I gave up on you mr aaron

Sorry, I am not into you that way. ;) But there are a handful of us that chat on there via cell phone.