mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Got the upgraded ECU installed. Apparently something else was installed when I was not looking yesterday, torque steer.

You must be smiling. I hate torque steer though. If you can, try and find a Speed3 to test drive. That thing will rip the wheel out of your hand. I loved driving that though. I preferred the C30 though as it was so damn quiet in that thing. I wish they made one in AWD and a little longer WB.

If running at 24mph you use the supercharger and the prop to make it so that you turn 3500rpm with the s/c and 4500rpm with the n/a with the only changes being the tune and the boost wouldn't you expect the s/c application to use less gas?

24 isn't super arbitrary as it is the sweet spot for fuel economy on my hull

No because I know how hungry boosted vehicles are. Granted it may be different on water. That's a whole different animal, tune, and drag, so I may be wrong, but with a vehicle, if you are into the boost, you are using up a lot of fuel. Keep in mind you are forcing air in and compressing it where as the NA can only suck air in. The more air you have, the more fuel you need, so the blower is always going to need more fuel and a lot more.

You have to also take into account that, like Ryan said before, the boosted engine has more fuel. So more RPMs don't necessarily mean more fuel. Not saying that it does or doesn't but it's something to consider.

I meant air on my last post. A boosted engine with have more molecules of air in it because it is compressed which means you will need more fuel to make a complete combustion. Again that doens't mean that happens at the parameters you mentioned, but it could. If it already has a s/c I would run with it

Got the upgraded ECU installed. Apparently something else was installed when I was not looking yesterday, torque steer.

You must be smiling. I hate torque steer though. If you can, try and find a Speed3 to test drive. That thing will rip the wheel out of your hand. I loved driving that though. I preferred the C30 though as it was so damn quiet in that thing. I wish they made one in AWD and a little longer WB.

The torque steer in our c30 was a little surprise at first, but after a few days don't notice it much.

New c30 r looks awesome, 300 some hp.

SO they finally made the R worthy of itself.

According to their website, it's still the same as the standard car, just with the ground effects, suspension and interior upgrades.

According to their website, it's still the same as the standard car, just with the ground effects, suspension and interior upgrades.

Yeah the site doesn't list it, just saw a pamphlet at the dealership, not sure which year. Supposedly had slightly larger engine

Time to detune it ? :lol:

This reminds me of what I've been reading about Porsche, supposedly the sportier versions of the 911 have, amongst other goodies, seam welded unibodies...

Well that was nice eighth inch of rain

Yowzers

That is pretty damn good right there.

Well the difference is not major, but enough to notice and just a tiny bit less shifting down needed it seems.

Time to detune it ? :lol:

:roflmao:

Got the Short shifter on today, with some help from Don and his tools. Almost like a Miata. ;)

Yeah the site doesn't list it, just saw a pamphlet at the dealership, not sure which year. Supposedly had slightly larger engine

You sure you're not thinking of the S60R?

Got the Short shifter on today, with some help from Don and his tools. Almost like a Miata. ;)

:gayhaaay1: :gayhaaay1: :greddy2: :greddy2: :hay: :hay:

funny-dog-pictures-wanna-hear-the-most-annoying-sound-in-the-world.jpg

That makes me think of my 2 pups! They can bark so loud!

263718_1799336712635_1516290128_31409001_5879256_n.jpg