mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

One machine I have a 28" the other I have a 24" horizontal and a 21" vertical.

I greatly prefer the duals, but don't need two of the same and prefer the second vertical mostly for webpage and document viewing.

At least you can wear shorts all the time in this type of climate. Too hot to wear pants in the summer, not cold enough to wear pants the other half of the year, and if we do get a cold snap everyone jacks their heaters up to 75F+ so there's no point in wearing pants if you're inside most of the day. Win, win in my book :P

I hate that shit with a passion. Are damn school jacks the classrooms up to way too damn hot when it gets cold. I will never understand that.

Nothing like going to fire a machine gun to blow off afternoon steam.

J

afternoon? you overseas again?

I don't have a machine gun but I think I may go unload these AK mags after school. Gotta keep fresh ammo in 'em y'know.

Just got back about 2 mths ago. I'm going to the M249 range today.

m249saw_2.jpg

J

Watched that episode Sunday. Car is amazing, but I hate that CF hood. Interior isn't my favorite either. The film they put together was really cool, that had to be amazing driving around LA with completely open roads. Is the HP reduction they're claiming really true? I believe it to an extent, but I just don't believe it really changed the car the way he's trying to lead us to believe.

I didn't like the hood either. I don't mind them on black or gray cars, but they really look better painted. I don't know how significant his power loss is, but my Mustang would suffer from heat soak after a few minutes and would easily lose 40 or more HP, so I imagine that car in that environment would lack a significant amount of power. There is a sensor After of the air filter but before the mass air meter called an ambient air temp sensor and it does just what it's title indicated. Add that in with the temp sensor and the computer will cut timing drastically and power will diminish.

That is why the Carrera S or GT3 is nuts, with no turbo. :)

35" is huge. I have the Hans g 28" and its just amazing.

For how long have you been with it and do you feel like going bigger?

m249saw_2.jpg

J

So badass! My AK does have a SAW 249 grip on it though, 1st mod I did, I don't care for the skinny little grip that comes standard on the AK. It gives me a little storage inside too.

I have no real use for a dual setup.

Right now I'm with a 22" and it's good for gaming and browsing, but it's not full HD and small for watching movies while lied down on the bed.

m249saw_2.jpg

J

So badass! My AK does have a SAW 249 grip on it though, 1st mod I did, I don't care for the skinny little grip that comes standard on the AK. It gives me a little storage inside too.

Only diff is I dont have the big ass plastic heat shield on the bottom. I just have some accessory mounts.

J

Game time 8pm eastern on espn. Keep an eye out you just might see me.

In the mask? I'll be watching today.

Hot in Minnesota is equivalent to average here. Hot here is equivalent to JESUS FUCKING CHRIST MY FACE IS MELTING AAAAAAH!!!! there :)

fuck the numbers game, i'll take your 110 over Florida's 95 any day. I can't even walk to the car without my balls sticking to my legs, god forbid I should walk more than 1/4 mile because clammy skin = friction in all the wrong places.

Same climate we have here. 95F, 65% humidity, feels like your skin is going to melt right off your face. 110F, 20% humidity? Sure, it's hot but at least your sweat can evaporate fairly quickly.

our august averages here has been anywhere from 74-85 with highs typically at 94%, the lows typically dip to the low 60s though that data is probably at night when the damn bugs make sure you can't enjoy it.

I saw 83* on a sign this morning at 7:30 right after the sun finished coming up....

No we play again Thursday at 8pm. No mask allowed, but I am much uglier without it.

3 years maybe a bit more. With how close I am I couldn't foresee a larger screen adding anything to gaming unless I wanted to put the display farther away, or use it as a tv. For hard gaming larger would be worse IMHO. It's also top dog resolution (within tripple the price) and speed. I don't get any blur and its bright. Like the surface of the sun bright. I turned it was down. The room mate who built my system continuously drools over it.

Going larger would be nice if I wanted to sit farther back and use it like a tv but I have a couple flat screens around the house and a 10 foot anamorphic screen in the home theater. For up close and personal work it can't be beat especially since New egg was giving them away for $250 a while back. The detail ,speed of pixel change, resolution, and good design are much more important for a pc display.... Maybe if I was photoshoping huge images and wanted more realestate to work with, then it would be of value but then it would stretch the pixel size so that resolution would be less magical stretched over another 7 inches.

Right now I'm with a 22" and it's good for gaming and browsing, but it's not full HD and small for watching movies while lied down on the bed.

From this statement you will be floored by the Hans G 28" in the high res. If you can tolerate movies in bed on a 22" the 28" will be epic and for gaming its on that edge of just right to almost too big.

How much light is in the room? I'm not sure for gaming, but for movies plasma is the way to go. That is unless the room is totally drenched in sunlight.

Another plasma believer!

People always dog on plasma but I really don't know TV I've like better than Travis' (Tmax98) plasma TV

I greatly prefer the duals, but don't need two of the same and prefer the second vertical mostly for webpage and document viewing.

That would be so dang nice at work. Too bad grad students don't get shit.

That is what I thought until I had dual.

How many times are you on two websites at a time?

How often are you watching a video and it is in the middle of surfing the net?

Do you ever work on a paper and multi-task with any other software?

And so on.

IMO, a 24" and another monitor is better than a bigger counterpart. So much so that I actually somewhat dislike using my other pc even though its faster since it only has one monitor. My next work pc will have three.

3 years maybe a bit more. With how close I am I couldn't foresee a larger screen adding anything to gaming unless I wanted to put the display farther away, or use it as a tv. For hard gaming larger would be worse IMHO. It's also top dog resolution (within tripple the price) and speed. I don't get any blur and its bright. Like the surface of the sun bright. I turned it was down. The room mate who built my system continuously drools over it.

Going larger would be nice if I wanted to sit farther back and use it like a tv but I have a couple flat screens around the house and a 10 foot anamorphic screen in the home theater. For up close and personal work it can't be beat especially since New egg was giving them away for $250 a while back. The detail ,speed of pixel change, resolution, and good design are much more important for a pc display.... Maybe if I was photoshoping huge images and wanted more realestate to work with, then it would be of value but then it would stretch the pixel size so that resolution would be less magical stretched over another 7 inches.

For actual pc work I prefer sitting closer to a 24" than using the 28". Once you go bigger it is hard to determine the best distance for everything to work out right.

How much light is in the room? I'm not sure for gaming, but for movies plasma is the way to go. That is unless the room is totally drenched in sunlight.

Another plasma believer!

People always dog on plasma but I really don't know TV I've like better than Travis' (Tmax98) plasma TV

People always dog on what they don't have. Exactly the reason why most advice sucks on car audio websites

How many times are you on two websites at a time?

How often are you watching a video and it is in the middle of surfing the net?

Do you ever work on a paper and multi-task with any other software?

And so on.

Always

Never

Foobar2000, which I have hotkeys mapped to since my keyboard has so many buttons :D