mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Why do all the European versions of cars on Top Gear seem to get way better gas mileage than cars here? It seems like their standard gasoline engines get really high MPG's compared to what most cars get in America. Is it because their gas has a higher octane rating than ours? I've always wondered this.

UK gallons are larger than US gallons, that's the sole reason. We don't get super-duper good fuels.

1 Imperial gallon = 4.54609188 liters

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters

UK gas also cost around twice the price as of what our gallon of gas cost, they give up car size and speed for gas milage more then we do.

tim cook = burns!

Wait a damn second... Sean, not only did you recognise a pop culture figure in the media but you made an association and created humor with it.

We need to check the earths core to see if it's slowing in it's rotation......

If you start talking about how much you enjoyed the new lil wayne album I'm calling an ambulance!

If there wasn't a picture I couldn't have done it :P

Why do all the European versions of cars on Top Gear seem to get way better gas mileage than cars here? It seems like their standard gasoline engines get really high MPG's compared to what most cars get in America. Is it because their gas has a higher octane rating than ours? I've always wondered this.

UK gallons are larger than US gallons, that's the sole reason. We don't get super-duper good fuels.

1 Imperial gallon = 4.54609188 liters

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters

UK gas also cost around twice the price as of what our gallon of gas cost, they give up car size and speed for gas milage more then we do.

They are taxed very heavily on fuel, that's why it's so expensive. There was a Top Gear episode where Clarkson did a comparison and something like 75% of their fuel costs are taxes.

The Europeans get all the awesome cars. Thank goodness we're not still an British territory.

Hopefully someday there won't be so much discrepancy

tim cook = burns!

Wait a damn second... Sean, not only did you recognise a pop culture figure in the media but you made an association and created humor with it.

We need to check the earths core to see if it's slowing in it's rotation......

If you start talking about how much you enjoyed the new lil wayne album I'm calling an ambulance!

If there wasn't a picture I couldn't have done it :P

Baby steps.

They don't have the same emissions standards we do and they way they rate them is different. Higher octane has nothing to do with better gas mileage.

European emission standards are very effed up. Can't wait to see if the jeep can pass emissions with the EGR off. If it does, the whole EGR setup comes out.

Are you required to pass emissions tests from time to time? My state doesn't require this. It would suck to have to pass tests if you wanted to modify your car

The Europeans get all the awesome cars. Thank goodness we're not still an British territory.

Even the cars made by American manufactures are better over there. If Ford sold Falcons over here you'd think they would be somewhat popular. Looks like a sweet car.

Even the cars made by American manufactures are better over there. If Ford sold Falcons over here you'd think they would be somewhat popular. Looks like a sweet car.

Amen!

I never actually realized that I graduated Tech with 163 credits.

I need a skidsteer.

que?

I need to landscape, grade, and move some heavy stuff around the yard.

I never actually realized that I graduated Tech with 163 credits.

Jesus! How many years were you there?

The XR's are even more badass

2006-2007_Ford_BF_II_Falcon_XR6_sedan_01.jpg

looks like the ugly love child of an imp and a charger.

I need a skidsteer.

que?

Rental company delivers. :)

I need a skidsteer.

que?

Rental company delivers. :)

tempted... really tempted. Owning would be much more fun though. Especially some beat up older one. I would get romanian and landscape my yard daily.

Also it would help with my insanely long driveway. I did just get a new snowblower, but you can never have too many toys.

:)