mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Why do all the European versions of cars on Top Gear seem to get way better gas mileage than cars here? It seems like their standard gasoline engines get really high MPG's compared to what most cars get in America. Is it because their gas has a higher octane rating than ours? I've always wondered this.

UK gallons are larger than US gallons, that's the sole reason. We don't get super-duper good fuels.

1 Imperial gallon = 4.54609188 liters

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters

UK gas also cost around twice the price as of what our gallon of gas cost, they give up car size and speed for gas milage more then we do.

Trust me, I know the gas prices too well...I live in Europe :P

On the flip side, my record in the Jeep has been 28mpg. US gallons...

28? In an xj? Going downhill? :P

The RX-8, well the rotary that powers it, is being canceled.

WTF?

Why do all the European versions of cars on Top Gear seem to get way better gas mileage than cars here? It seems like their standard gasoline engines get really high MPG's compared to what most cars get in America. Is it because their gas has a higher octane rating than ours? I've always wondered this.

UK gallons are larger than US gallons, that's the sole reason. We don't get super-duper good fuels.

UK gas also cost around twice the price as of what our gallon of gas cost, they give up car size and speed for gas milage more then we do.

Diesel :)

I told you TJ's have nothing on XJ's :P

WTF?

Haven't looked, don't know, but fuck california

Turns out the oem boost gauge won't fit my cluster without mods. MF'er, there goes $50...

WTF?

I can't find anything on Google. Aaron must have some inside info.

WTF?

Most likely had something to do with it. Their emissions standards really fuck the rest of us over.

WTF?

I can't find anything on Google. Aaron must have some inside info.

For what it's worth I looked too and turned up nothing. Sad to hear about it though. Hopefully they'll continue the RX line. For the money I really like the RX-8.

Diesel :)

I told you TJ's have nothing on XJ's :P

Dammit, I miss our dodge diesel, Volvo even offered my car in a diesel in europe, mine actually came from germany, no diesel tho, dammit.

Immensely popular Syrian political cartoonist Ali Ferzat — a noted critic of President Bashar al-Assad’s bloody opposition crackdown — has reportedly had both his hands broken by four masked gunmen as a warning to cease his anti-Assad activism.

Ferzat, who once counted Assad among his friends, was dragged out of his car by the unidentified thugs, forced into their jeep, and driven to an airport road outside of Damascus where he was beaten and burned before being bagged and tossed from the vehicle.

According to his son, the gunmen told Ferzat they were breaking his hands “to teach him not to draw against his ‘masters’.” Though initial reports claimed the gunmen were members of Assad’s security forces, Rami Abdul-Rahman of the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights told the Associated Press the attackers’ identity “could not be confirmed.”

I searched for "rotary cancelled," and "Wankel cancelled," and it brought up nothing. Aaron said the engine was being cancelled.

I searched for "rotary cancelled," and "Wankel cancelled," and it brought up nothing. Aaron said the engine was being cancelled.

Yeah, the current engine in the RX-8 is cancelled. But supposedly there is this 16x rotary they are working on.

All I did was type RX-8 into http://www.news.google.com and sort by date, rather than relevance.

Yeah, the current engine in the RX-8 is cancelled. But supposedly there is this 16x rotary they are working on.

I read several years ago where they were working on a 2 or 3 rotor, but nothing ever came of it. I'd like to see a big 3L 2 rotor. And I don't give a damn about fuel consumption either.

The guy I work with loves Blose and he always sends me reviews on how they are the best ever. Funny shit.

Apparently you can declare a state of emergency before a storm hits

I read several years ago where they were working on a 2 or 3 rotor, but nothing ever came of it. I'd like to see a big 3L 2 rotor. And I don't give a damn about fuel consumption either.

There was the 2.0 3B rotor from the last gen that never came to the USA.

Laughing my ass off at East Coaster's freaking out over this hurricane :noob: :noob: :noob:

Same. My web skills must be weak