mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I searched for "rotary cancelled," and "Wankel cancelled," and it brought up nothing. Aaron said the engine was being cancelled.

Yeah, the current engine in the RX-8 is cancelled. But supposedly there is this 16x rotary they are working on.

I read several years ago where they were working on a 2 or 3 rotor, but nothing ever came of it. I'd like to see a big 3L 2 rotor. And I don't give a damn about fuel consumption either.

There was the 2.0 3B rotor from the last gen that never came to the USA.

You mean the 20B 3 rotor? That's what they use in the Rolex cars. Those things are nuts. IIRC, they make damn near 500HP and weight next to nothing.

I searched for "rotary cancelled," and "Wankel cancelled," and it brought up nothing. Aaron said the engine was being cancelled.

Yeah, the current engine in the RX-8 is cancelled. But supposedly there is this 16x rotary they are working on.

I read several years ago where they were working on a 2 or 3 rotor, but nothing ever came of it. I'd like to see a big 3L 2 rotor. And I don't give a damn about fuel consumption either.

That would be interesting to see. The number one complaint about the Wankel was the fuel consumption though :(

That would be interesting to see. The number one complaint about the Wankel was the fuel consumption though :(

I don't see how people can complain about that. You have to wind that damn thing out to make power anyways so you know damn well you are going to be going through fuel like water. Oh well.

Shit buying a sports car usually doesnt get much thought of the fuel consumption anyways as there not too worried about it in the first place haha. You dont buy a hummer to try and save on gas prices ;)

I want to buy a Prius, remove the drivetrain, tube it, and throw in a blown, alcohol-injected BBF with a 14-71 sticking out of the hood. I'd love to see the faces of the tree-huggers!

I don't see how people can complain about that. You have to wind that damn thing out to make power anyways so you know damn well you are going to be going through fuel like water. Oh well.

Can't say I understand it either.

Why don't they make cars with flip up headlights anymore? They're so damn cool.

There was the 2.0 3B rotor from the last gen that never came to the USA.

You mean the 20B 3 rotor? That's what they use in the Rolex cars. Those things are nuts. IIRC, they make damn near 500HP and weight next to nothing.

Yup. Maybe I should stroll by the Mazda dealership and see what they are willing to go down to. :)

Adds unnecessary cost, weight, and complexity to a vehicle.

Just another thing to break.

Which just leads to the fact that the USA has completely went to shit in the automotive industry, our amaerican made cars are at the bottom of the list compared to foreign vehicles example ford and chevy...built for price and not quality :bull:

00fd787e-719b-46b5-98a1-39120bbd4370.jpg

neat

I could paint that on you and add some silcone to make it look awesome.

Laughing my ass off at East Coaster's freaking out over this hurricane :noob: :noob: :noob:

Yea my kids are on their way home from Wild Wood NJ.

I don't know if I'd say unnecessary :P I guess I'm easily amused, but I like them

This is the only thing manufacturers care about, so the others are moot.

Which just leads to the fact that the USA has completely went to shit in the automotive industry, our amaerican made cars are at the bottom of the list compared to foreign vehicles example ford and chevy...built for price and not quality :bull:

Ford has always been light years ahead of GM in terms of quality. They continue to rank near or above their Japanese counterparts. GM was too big and stretched too thin to really put quality over quantity.

I hope everybody is rooting for my team tonight in the LLWS. GO BIG BLUE MACHINE!!

ESPN2 if you want to watch.

Ford is very innovative as well, F-150 ecoboost, v6 mustang making 305 hp and good mpg, they put out quality vehicles man

Edited by trod2902

The Japanese don't have anywhere near the legacy costs Ford and GM have. Huge advantage.

The Japanese don't have anywhere near the union costs Ford and GM have. Huge advantage.

I fixed it for you.

Ford is very innovative as well, F-150 ecoboost, v6 mustang making 305 hp and good mpg, they put out quality vehicles man

I love my mustang

I never actually realized that I graduated Tech with 163 credits.

Jesus! How many years were you there?

well, my first semester was fall 02 and last was spring 08 but I had to miss a spring semester for health BS, switched majors twice and had to do less than full time once. Usually, I just piled on courses that I wanted to take whether they helped my degree or not (once i had the necessary shit of course).

That's the one thing that bugs me about college. You're forced to take so many bullshit classes and miss the ones that you actually want to take. Switching majors can suck. I did it and got lucky, I only took one class that doesn't go towards my degree in my other major.

I had some really really bad adviser advice when I switched to nutrition (imagine that). I had started in engineering and she told me my 1st semester of engineering chem wouldn't count towards general chem, same for my engineering calc (they required a way lower level) so i started my shit over. I switch to Biology and my adviser when batty when he saw my transcripts and suggested I sue her for the cost of my credits because she cost me over a year by making me take remedial classes. That's when I learned that what they require is bullshit, your adviser can override any of the "requirements".

Can't say I understand it either.

People are stupid, they see the displacement vs fuel consumption, not power.

That said I am not a fan of the engines in cars, might as well be a Type R civic, wind it until it's about to bust and eventually you feel the speed. I want some damn torque. Now in an airplane, yes please.