mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Neal, those are awesome! :drink40:

Thanks Teo, I plan to make more videos as things are getting finished. We are almost done building a jumping scare. May have to make a video of that next week with me jumping to show you guys.

Installed new speakers in the father's f150 today, wired up the amplifier, went to install the head unit and noticed it only had one rca out (for subwoofer, not front stage), fuck. Guess sonicelectronix doesn't refund opened goods...

What a day, what a day.

Y-Splitters, he won't have a stage but I doubt he cares.

The only rca output is for a subwoofer, I'm using a 6 channel amp for front speakers, rear speakers, and subwoofer.

Multiple Y-splitters lol

@Duran, You are only going to get sub frequencies from the SW Output.....

Only person in here???????????

WOW

Ding ding ding. Otherwise I would use y-splitters.

Godsmack, I've been outside all day, just finished a little bit of glassing til it got stormy and blew all my fiberglass mat down the road, LOL.

Weird they would only put sub out rca's. Every one I've seen with single rcas is a front output.

Weird they would only put sub out rca's. Every one I've seen with single rcas is a front output.

Yep. I guess market research shows more people add an amp for a subwoofer then for their front speakers.

I was paying more attention to not having a flip out screen, easy front menu, and ipod capability, just assumed it'd have the rca outputs in the back.

Oh well, got another alpine coming lol.

Yep. I guess market research shows more people add an amp for a subwoofer then for their front speakers.

Which is stupid because you can still use the front full range output for sub duty. Are you sure it is only sub frequencies or is it just a non fading output.

Which is stupid because you can still use the front full range output for sub duty. Are you sure it is only sub frequencies or is it just a non fading output.

I haven't tested it, but I'm guessing it's probably just crossed fairly high.

Already ordered a replacement, should make my life a little easier when I set everything up on the amp (6channel, 1&2 for front, 3&4 for rear, and last two channels bridged for sub).

True, but is it really easier or cheaper to send a cut off audio signal instead of sending a full audio signal and letting the amp do the processing?

Yes he will :) No such thing as sub stage since the sub is PART of the front stage :)

Obviously I didn't see the rears before making that comment; however, then I'd keep the one above and say scrap the rears.

Ding ding ding. Otherwise I would use y-splitters.

Sure it even has a crossover? Sounds rather stripped out already, maybe you are lucky and they didn't include that either.