mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

4 turbo w 16 in a pantera, or similar.

Sean will like that idea :P

Putting terminals on 0 gauge? Solder, hammer, solder and hammer? + heat shrink.

Some use hydraulic crimper.

I've always used a vice, then blowtorched the end til it was hot, then pushed the solder right in. Solder melts and fills all the gaps.

Then wrap with electrical tape or heat shrink.

Some use hydraulic crimper.

I've always used a vice, then blowtorched the end til it was hot, then pushed the solder right in. Solder melts and fills all the gaps.

Then wrap with electrical tape or heat shrink.

That's exactly what I want to do... but I don't have a crimper or blowtorch.

Guess I'll find another way to keep the terminal hot and pour solder from top, letting it go all the way, filling any gaps.

Open book tests are always harder.

I second that. I was in a class last year where all of the tests were open book. Class average on tests was around a 65. I think it's because most people hear open book and think that means they don't need to study.

If that's why then they're dumb.

We had one class where it was open everything (because we didn't have an actual book). It was a Math class and he even allowed TI-89's. Basically he allowed everything but devices that communicated to the outside.

That was my first B in college and probably would have been my only if I would have gotten an A in that class.

Sean,

If I wanted more midbass, and I already had 6.5"s in the kickpanels, would it be a bad idea to add another pair of the same 6.5"s into the dash (firing towards windshield).

Already planning on replacing my current 6.5" comp set to something nicer, perhaps morel maximo or morel tempo, but I'm feeling like they'll sound much better, but may not have enough "omph".

maximos are 125, tempos 240, my budget is basically 250, so I could do the better line in kick panels, or two sets of the lower line (one set in kick panels, other in dash).

I've read a bunch of reviews of both sets, raving about the midbass and soft tweeter (I don't want anything harsh).

:D

Your best bet will be to up the speaker size or get one that will give you enough "omph". I have 7's in my truck and I can cross them really low to really bring the sub frequency to the front (the one's you can directionalize that is)

I had to edit my grammar two posts prior so i didn't look like an idiot

ninja edit FTW!

Peng, are those your folks using skype? :D

More or less :roflmao:

Anyone ever hear the morel tempo line?

Closest place to hear them is 2hours from me, I'm assuming they gotta be better the $100 vibe comp set I have. :roflmao:

All the reviews I read online, everyone raved about them.

Online reviews are completely worthless unless they have measurement data or are comparing with another something and describing the differences. I am sure there is nothing special about them and you could easily mimic their quality with some el cheapo raw drivers from PE/Madisound.

Sean,

If I wanted more midbass, and I already had 6.5"s in the kickpanels, would it be a bad idea to add another pair of the same 6.5"s into the dash (firing towards windshield).

Already planning on replacing my current 6.5" comp set to something nicer, perhaps morel maximo or morel tempo, but I'm feeling like they'll sound much better, but may not have enough "omph".

maximos are 125, tempos 240, my budget is basically 250, so I could do the better line in kick panels, or two sets of the lower line (one set in kick panels, other in dash).

I've read a bunch of reviews of both sets, raving about the midbass and soft tweeter (I don't want anything harsh).

:D

No. And changing comp sets isn't the best way to get their either.

Actually I'd rather see a ridiculously lightweight something with shitloads of power. A high revving lightweight 6/8 is more than fine with tha BOOST.

Guess I'll find another way to keep the terminal hot and pour solder from top, letting it go all the way, filling any gaps.

I usually crimp them with a punch and a hammer. Punch them in the middle and you don't have problems. Hydraulic crimper is awesome...worth it if you clamp lots of wires.

Blow-torch destroyed some insulation when I tried it once.

Actually I'd rather see a ridiculously lightweight something with shitloads of power. A high revving lightweight 6/8 is more than fine with tha BOOST.

Deuce coupe inspired rod with some snails on a beastly v8 or i6 would perhaps be my dream.

Need some 4" componants or coaxials for my firebird.............

Any suggestions?

I have tried the kick panels and with it being a manual I can see my kicking it often. And the doors MIGHT work, but damn if they aren't deep.

J

And I am not looking to amp them.

As of now.

J

Hennessey Venom GT? 2,685 curb weight, 1,200 bhp

note though that I don't endorse anything that buttmuch sells...

What makes that car so desirable to you? You don't hear much about them, are they a good platform to build upon or something?

Deuce coupe inspired rod with some snails on a beastly v8 or i6 would perhaps be my dream.

For some reason I just thought about how I would like some kind of big cruiser luxury car with an i6 Cummins.

Any suggestions?

I have tried the kick panels and with it being a manual I can see my kicking it often. And the doors MIGHT work, but damn if they aren't deep.

J

I have done a few budget installs with Diamond Audio M341's. Everytime they were amplified though. They are 60wrms. So I don't know how they would do with just headunit power. What is expected of these components?

Then again, for 700 grand I'd rather build a nice house with a shop...

With plenty left over for a project car

Any suggestions?

J

How about an array of 2's going up the pillar?