mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Well played

J

Managed to get my foot in the door with Southern Company, along with a few others. Representative from Idaho National Lab came too...neat stuff.

My whole direct family works in different areas of the INL, mom is a Radiation Safety Technician, dad is in Engineering Management, and I forget what my grandma does lol

:coffee:

does installing headers on late model vehicles drastically shorten the lifespan of the catalytic converters or something? or do headers and cats just don't mix period? just curious...not too proficient in emissions systems...

Some headers can lead to issues on some vehicles. I have seen this happen a couple times. Once a set kept burning up an O2 sensor, the next would cause unburned fuel to puddle in the collector and eventually drip into the cat clogging it over tim.

Need some 4" componants or coaxials for my firebird.............

Any suggestions?

I have tried the kick panels and with it being a manual I can see my kicking it often. And the doors MIGHT work, but damn if they aren't deep.

J

How about an array of 2's going up the pillar?

Hmmmmm I hadn't considered that.

The main goal her is decently loud, clear music. Mainly rock, metal, and some hip hop.

J

Then the 4" comp set is a huge fail...

Then PLEASE guide me in the right direction. I am not opposed to cutting or glassing (rather having someone glass) the door panels.

J

Space, goals, blah, blah, blah. And I'd be glad to help :)

Right now I am slightly brain dead so figuring space is gonna be a pain, but the door is approx. 50" front to back, 25" tall, and 5" deep at its widest point (its a bow shaped outer door) If my math is right (which it more than likely is not) LxWxD/12 (go from in to ft)= cubic feet so 520 ft cubed. I know this seems off. God help me its been forever since I have used this basic math.

The doors will receive a treatment of sound deadener as will the floor, and the firewall. How and what substance I am still un-decided on.

The goals will be to have loud clear music. The primary music to be played includes but not limited to Atmosphere, Pink Floyd, Pantera, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Six Feet Under, and a lot of 80's hair metal (motley crue, warrent, etc). I am not a SQ junkie by any standards, but I do know what muddy music, popping speakers, and flat ranges of the sound spectrum sound like.

The 'amping' idea may end up happening depending on how my progress changes.

J

Your pillars are super slanted which is going to make an array tough. Doors are super off axis and far back which making staging difficult. Loud and full range aren't coincident.

I realize that is a lot of can'ts and not really so many can's. That being said when all else fails keep it simple. A large format tweet up in the pillars and a mid-woofer that can play both reasonably low and high could be the ticket. I would also encourage drivers without major anomalies for ease of processing.

The Seas ER18 screams to mind. I think Lithium has some HDS tweeters for sale as well that would mate nearly perfect with them.

Obviously more cone area on the mid will net you better midbass response, but at the cost of midrange. Keeping it only a 2 way will simplify your work and I am not sure I can visualize how a tweet/mid or array will fit in your pillars. It has been over 10 years since I've been in an F-body though.

Oh, btw, divide by 1728 next time (12*12*12)

Would some pictures of the interior from my stand point help? Or measurements? I'll get whatever info I need, I just want better than I have now.

How expensive are the mids and tweets you suggested?

J

Pics with a 3" disk up in the pillar for size reference would for sure.

does installing headers on late model vehicles drastically shorten the lifespan of the catalytic converters or something? or do headers and cats just don't mix period? just curious...not too proficient in emissions systems...

Shouldn't matter

Some headers can lead to issues on some vehicles. I have seen this happen a couple times. Once a set kept burning up an O2 sensor, the next would cause unburned fuel to puddle in the collector and eventually drip into the cat clogging it over tim.

Interesting. Obviously something strange with how the computer reacted.

Interesting; most accounts I have heard of the headers caused the converter(s) to start overheating and eventually spew its/their contents out the tailpipe. Then again, this is the internet so who knows what the truth really is...

Need some 4" componants or coaxials for my firebird.............

Any suggestions?

I have tried the kick panels and with it being a manual I can see my kicking it often. And the doors MIGHT work, but damn if they aren't deep.

J

How about an array of 2's going up the pillar?

Hmmmmm I hadn't considered that.

The main goal her is decently loud, clear music. Mainly rock, metal, and some hip hop.

J

Then the 4" comp set is a huge fail...

Then PLEASE guide me in the right direction. I am not opposed to cutting or glassing (rather having someone glass) the door panels.

J

Space, goals, blah, blah, blah. And I'd be glad to help :)

Right now I am slightly brain dead so figuring space is gonna be a pain, but the door is approx. 50" front to back, 25" tall, and 5" deep at its widest point (its a bow shaped outer door) If my math is right (which it more than likely is not) LxWxD/12 (go from in to ft)= cubic feet so 520 ft cubed. I know this seems off. God help me its been forever since I have used this basic math.

The doors will receive a treatment of sound deadener as will the floor, and the firewall. How and what substance I am still un-decided on.

The goals will be to have loud clear music. The primary music to be played includes but not limited to Atmosphere, Pink Floyd, Pantera, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Six Feet Under, and a lot of 80's hair metal (motley crue, warrent, etc). I am not a SQ junkie by any standards, but I do know what muddy music, popping speakers, and flat ranges of the sound spectrum sound like.

The 'amping' idea may end up happening depending on how my progress changes.

J

Your pillars are super slanted which is going to make an array tough. Doors are super off axis and far back which making staging difficult. Loud and full range aren't coincident.

I realize that is a lot of can'ts and not really so many can's. That being said when all else fails keep it simple. A large format tweet up in the pillars and a mid-woofer that can play both reasonably low and high could be the ticket. I would also encourage drivers without major anomalies for ease of processing.

The Seas ER18 screams to mind. I think Lithium has some HDS tweeters for sale as well that would mate nearly perfect with them.

Obviously more cone area on the mid will net you better midbass response, but at the cost of midrange. Keeping it only a 2 way will simplify your work and I am not sure I can visualize how a tweet/mid or array will fit in your pillars. It has been over 10 years since I've been in an F-body though.

Oh, btw, divide by 1728 next time (12*12*12)

Would some pictures of the interior from my stand point help? Or measurements? I'll get whatever info I need, I just want better than I have now.

How expensive are the mids and tweets you suggested?

J

Pics with a 3" disk up in the pillar for size reference would for sure.

Ok I can find a way to make that happen

J

catalytic converters ftl.

plenty of clean air here...just avoid the metro areas...

plenty of clean air here...just avoid the metro areas...

And live in a sandbox? No thanks.

plenty of grass, just stay to the east of US 385

Dallas is my least favorite city in Texas.

plenty of grass, just stay to the east of US 385

lol, you mean mexicali

That isn't saying much, lol

That isn't saying much, lol

I have been across the state a few times, but not in the last 9 years or so. Austin was pretty cool, did not get to spend much time in Houston.

:lurk: