mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

For you gun guys. I have a Ruger .260 with a Leupold scope. For hunting I usually shoot about 100 yds give or take.

At some point I want to get better at rifle shooting. I used an air soft pistol and got a lot better at pistol shooting. I was thinking of using the same concept and getting a gun with really cheap ammo (like a 22). Also I am left eye dominate but shoot on my right side. Should I learn to switch over to my left side?

I would probably try to learn to shoot right handed better, some people switch eye dominance, hard for me to say without watching you shoot. Pick up a .22, something like a Ruger 10/22 and work on trigger, breathing, etc. an accurate .22 off of a sandbag is an excellent way to practice trigger and breathing. It would really help if you know someone who is actually good at shooting and can coach. If you know someone that has coached at say 4-H or NRA club stuff, they may not know everything but at least they will know proper fundamentals and be able to tell you what to change and give you ideas. Only so much a guy can do by himself without having prior instruction on how to do something the correct way. Getting a .22 and actually working on fundamentals, getting better, accuracy, and being consistent will help you considerably.

How about a double quasi-order bandpass? :P

What woofs you fool?!

SKAR...

*facepalm*

For you gun guys. I have a Ruger .260 with a Leupold scope. For hunting I usually shoot about 100 yds give or take.

At some point I want to get better at rifle shooting. I used an air soft pistol and got a lot better at pistol shooting. I was thinking of using the same concept and getting a gun with really cheap ammo (like a 22). Also I am left eye dominate but shoot on my right side. Should I learn to switch over to my left side?

I would probably try to learn to shoot right handed better, some people switch eye dominance, hard for me to say without watching you shoot. Pick up a .22, something like a Ruger 10/22 and work on trigger, breathing, etc. an accurate .22 off of a sandbag is an excellent way to practice trigger and breathing. It would really help if you know someone who is actually good at shooting and can coach. If you know someone that has coached at say 4-H or NRA club stuff, they may not know everything but at least they will know proper fundamentals and be able to tell you what to change and give you ideas. Only so much a guy can do by himself without having prior instruction on how to do something the correct way. Getting a .22 and actually working on fundamentals, getting better, accuracy, and being consistent will help you considerably.

So you mean the dominance can switch? I shoot pistols lefty as of now.... oh why am I so screwed up??? lol

Just sold all of my SKAR-VVXs :)

Glad you left that boner behind :)

Lol, I've never had boner for them. Personally I like them especially in the sealed box, they too sounded better than the SA series for Sundown.

:peepwall:

I personally don't ride brands, however I do not like some other brands, DC, AQ, eDUH to name a few.

So you mean the dominance can switch? I shoot pistols lefty as of now.... oh why am I so screwed up??? lol

I've known of people whos eyes switched. I also have met people who can use either just fine. Its really a personal preference as to what direction you want to pursue.

How about a double quasi-order bandpass? :P

What woofs you fool?!

SKAR...

Should have been What woofs, you fool.

Lol, I've never had boner for them. Personally I like them especially in the sealed box, they too sounded better than the SA series for Sundown.

I personally don't ride brands, however I do not like some other brands, DC, AQ, eDUH to name a few.

Can I ask why you don't like those three?

4kvfgg.jpg

UV9Ay.jpg

kinda pissed I missed such an easy answer on the midterm...but I'm pleased I only missed one question on the whole test

internet-memes-outrage.jpg

A small caliber is a great trainer idea. I'm thinking of doing the same.

I always do everything overkill.

Find exactly how much explosive it will take to destroy the target building the double it for the application.

Words to live by.

How dumb would I look bringin a .22 to our 25yd indoor gun range? :P

Who gives a shit. :)

I got a walther p22 and a springfield xdm 9mm. I do the same shit.

Can I ask why you don't like those three?

DC - The pricing, the nutriders.

AQ- Cheap, sound like shit, poor quality.

eDUH, crap, crap, crap.

Trying to do a whole interior sucks ass.

J

Not dumb at all. Fuck 'em, if they don't get it, they obviously are retarded.

That is really normal at some of the ranges here. The downsides are you don't have wind to correct for, and you probably can't practice shooting from prone but lots of guys show up with .22 pistols and rifles at one of the inner city locations I go to. Sit for hours trying to put lead through the same hole.

Nothing wrong with .22's IMO

I shoot my .22 sig for practice and finish off with the .357sig

Is that the dude from Police Academy