mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

A truck overturned yesterday on the I-15 near St. George, Utah, spilling some 25 million beers onto the highway.

Well, fuck.

I adjusted it to how I read it, lol

Initially that's how I read it, then went back and reread bees.

Utah, 25 million beers, 25 million beers on one truck, :WTFBubble:

so i flocked my bro's a pillars awhile back.... came out good but i picked the wrong color :ohnoes9:

ordered gray and sanded one back down so far...

maybe ill time this weekend to finish it up.

0915010109.jpg

1008012133a.jpg

Came out well, just needs to match the dash color. You can't paint over the flocking can you?

And on that note, I just want to show my maturity of the situation with this hand drawn image showing my love. :)

skar.png

Try not to take it personally Julian. :ughdunno:

Now that's fucking hilarious!

Bottom plug looks oil fouled. Top plug just looks like you dipped it in oil. What year and engine? With that much oil on the last plug, it's definitely burning some oil.

2000 oldsmobile intrigue 3.5l.LX5 (shortstar), based on the northstar if that helps.

these engines are known to burn some oil. i also have a small leak somewhere i believe. 194k miles and still running so i cant complain, i bought it with 118k. has been pretty reliable as well, very little maintenance besides some senors, 2nd time changing plugs, and the usual brake, rotors, and tires.

Dammit, I always forget about the bastard Opel engines. Change the cam cover seal and/or make sure the bolts are secure.

i dont shit about cars but this cant be good. haha

1023011724-1.jpg

here's the one causing my misfire

1023011717-1.jpg

here's some more shots.. very strange design

coil pack, bank of 3

1015010158a.jpg

1015010157a.jpg

1015010157.jpg

those rubber things extended down and covers the top of the plug. inside there is something like a spring, so NO wires.

1015010158.jpg

That's a very common design actually. The rubber parts are essentially the spark plug boots and the springs clip on the plug electrode. Each coil pack is directly over the plug for the shortest possible route to the plug. This is commonly referred to as coil-on-plug, although GM uses coil packs above like you have. Newer stuff is different, but you get the idea.

You have a bad seal on the cam cover which is pushing oil past, and once pressurized, is pooling around the plug. I'd spray brake cleaner in the boot, or rubber part, to get the oil residual out of there and make sure you get a good connection on the plug. Also put some dielectric grease on the tips of the plugs as well.

Came out well, just needs to match the dash color. You can't paint over the flocking can you?

He could paint or dye it, but it would fade twice as fast.

decided to just redo them in gray. no idea why i picked the tan color haha.

sanding the flock/glue off is a bitch

One of our Saabs 9-3 had an opel engine and man was that a shitty design. The timing belt flexed in two opposite directions, you can guess what happened.

Try soaking them in mineral spirits. Be forewarned, it could damage the plastic. Highly unlikely, but you never know how cheap these plastics are.

i dont shit about cars but this cant be good. haha

1023011724-1.jpg

here's the one causing my misfire

1023011717-1.jpg

here's some more shots.. very strange design

coil pack, bank of 3

1015010158a.jpg

1015010157a.jpg

1015010157.jpg

those rubber things extended down and covers the top of the plug. inside there is something like a spring, so NO wires.

1015010158.jpg

That's a very common design actually. The rubber parts are essentially the spark plug boots and the springs clip on the plug electrode. Each coil pack is directly over the plug for the shortest possible route to the plug. This is commonly referred to as coil-on-plug, although GM uses coil packs above like you have. Newer stuff is different, but you get the idea.

You have a bad seal on the cam cover which is pushing oil past, and once pressurized, is pooling around the plug. I'd spray brake cleaner in the boot, or rubber part, to get the oil residual out of there and make sure you get a good connection on the plug. Also put some dielectric grease on the tips of the plugs as well.

thanks, ill look into how to replace the seal. dielectric grease on the terminal you mean?

final.jpg

or to you mean tips of the coil packs? or both? lol

Try soaking them in mineral spirits. Be forewarned, it could damage the plastic. Highly unlikely, but you never know how cheap these plastics are.

mmm that might be worth trying but i already finished one. took like 2 hours :( hand sanding around the mid but i used a shitty random orbit sander where i could.

Please tell me you dipped that in oil

i wish i was kidding..

dont know why i find this so halarious.. had to add this to my sig.

yup, definitely going to need another router...balls...

thanks, ill look into how to replace the seal. dielectric grease on the terminal you mean?

final.jpg

or to you mean tips of the coil packs? or both? lol

Yes, on the tip, or terminal per your photo, of the spark plug only.

thanks man :drink40:

And on that note, I just want to show my maturity of the situation with this hand drawn image showing my love. :)

skar.png

Try not to take it personally Julian. :ughdunno:

Now that's fucking hilarious!

And needs to be on this page too

Can anyone attest to the quality of D-Link networking products?

JUNK!

The D-link router I had, had the worst interface ever. Menus and navigation was terrible, took me over an hour to setup something that would have taken minutes with my other linksys.

about what I figured...Linksys E2500 it is

1008012133a.jpg

:boobs2:

I need someone to do the exact same thing for me for a pair of Fosteks.

JUNK!

really?

<<<<has 3 d-link routers... haha

the setup in my house is actually pretty funny... 1st floor we have the wireless+wire router, from there an Ethernet cable goes out the window, up the side of the house, and into my brother room, to another router for his shit..... then a 100 footer runs down the hall to my room, to a switch.