mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Good to hear Ryan. :) I was originally only looking for the 4.9L due to it being virtually indestructible, but an 88 F-150 with the King Cab and a 6' bed and a 5.0L has popped up here on the local craigslist.

So apparently you could feel the Oklahoma earthquake here in town, but I slept through it.

And on an unrelated note, I am NEVER ripping an engine from a van again. What a pain in the ass.

Mini van or conventional van?

Full size van.

Indeed they are a big bitch, I am guessing you did a V8 then.

Yeah, a 5.4 Ford. I don't know if you're familiar with the Ford Modular engines, but they're very wide and that didn't make to much fun in the cramped confines of the van's engine bay, or lack-there-of. We ended up having to cut the engine crossmember and I-beams and they only have an oxy/propane torch at the yard.

I've never worked on one, but looking into the engine bay on a later model Ford makes me cringe. It looks like absolutely everything is buried.

Good to hear Ryan. :) I was originally only looking for the 4.9L due to it being virtually indestructible, but an 88 F-150 with the King Cab and a 6' bed and a 5.0L has popped up here on the local craigslist.

I was trying to trade for the exact same thing last month, albeit with the 460, and the 8' bed. Interesting as I've never seen one with the short bed that generation. I know they made them from '92-'96, but not the previous gen. That should have the AOD or E4OD. Both are decent transmissions, but they are power hogs. Ford Racing has a kit too where you can switch them to Mass Air and go mod crazy. Stock will be speed density and not respond well to mods or tuning.

So apparently you could feel the Oklahoma earthquake here in town, but I slept through it.

We had 2 good ones yesterday, last night was a 5.6 and they say it was felt in Wisconsin.

I've never worked on one, but looking into the engine bay on a later model Ford makes me cringe. It looks like absolutely everything is buried.

It's not bad to work on. With the engine cove removed inside, everything is pretty accessible, far more than my truck. It was just a bitch trying to pull it out.

It says the windows won't go up or down, and needs drivers door glass. I'm assuming either the switches or the motors/regulators are shot. I'm assuming the drivers door glass is a 20$ part at a junkyard?

And on an unrelated note, I am NEVER ripping an engine from a van again. What a pain in the ass.

Mini van or conventional van?

Full size van.

Indeed they are a big bitch, I am guessing you did a V8 then.

Yeah, a 5.4 Ford. I don't know if you're familiar with the Ford Modular engines, but they're very wide and that didn't make to much fun in the cramped confines of the van's engine bay, or lack-there-of. We ended up having to cut the engine crossmember and I-beams and they only have an oxy/propane torch at the yard.

I have helped with some at the junk yard. Back side of our farm is a very large junk yard that has many awesome vehicles in it or atleast to me. My grandfather was an avid collector of junk.

Hell, heres the truck. Going to look at it tomorrow after work.

http://ksu.craigslist.org/cto/2654300987.html

That's the exact color scheme of the one I was looking at. Doesn't look bad. Rust appears to be only surface. The window issue sounds like a fuse or relay to me. Rare that either window doesn't work, but it's very possible.I'd give them $800 for it.

Good day kind sir!

J

good fucking day,

92.9 on my PT

SrA today!

Congrats man!!!! SrA is what E-3?

J

Couldn't rake the yard today because of wind but driveway is sheilded so I raked while the wife used our POS blower unit. We then proceded to bury Sean's can while at his grand parents.

....I will owe him 10 bucks for a wash but its worth it when his mom drops him off tonight.

Buahahahahaha

I raked up leaves today also. Raked them into a pile then fired up the vacuum and like magic gone!

Sundays, ugh. Good & Bad.

Damn I hate that it is dark and not even 7pm!

Yesterday evening I was working in the driveway, had shit laid for everywhere, one minute it's light, another it's dark and I'm scrambling to put everything away.

Yesterday evening I was working in the driveway, had shit laid for everywhere, one minute it's light, another it's dark and I'm scrambling to put everything away.

I enjoy working outside, but when it starts getting dark at 5pm it sucks.

Well I guess that means winter is on the way.

Good day kind sir!

J

good fucking day,

92.9 on my PT

SrA today!

Congrats man!!!! SrA is what E-3?

J

Senior Airman is E-4!

Not considered an NCO though, still in the airman tier.

If I was in any other branch I'd be an NCO.

We have all the responsibilities of an NCO without anything extra lol.

It pisses me off. We need more daylight in the winter, not the summer. DST is bullshit.

It pisses me off. We need more daylight in the winter, not the summer. DST is bullshit.

I could not agree more!