mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Damn I hate that it is dark and not even 7pm!

Yesterday evening I was working in the driveway, had shit laid for everywhere, one minute it's light, another it's dark and I'm scrambling to put everything away.

I enjoy working outside, but when it starts getting dark at 5pm it sucks.

Well I guess that means winter is on the way.

It pisses me off. We need more daylight in the winter, not the summer. DST is bullshit.

X2 on the last part. However, the summer time is ok. Lots of light in the summer and decent light in the winter. I don't want light at 6AM during winter...

Somehow I managed to snag an autorun virus on the home PC. Ended up spending the whole Sunday figuring out how to clean it. Still need to wipe out one of the HDD's and only then I can reinstall Windows :(

At least I have 1.5GB of RAM now :D

was def an STD joke, dirty whore reference.

I am a little slow sometimes. :)

3 different recipes said 350. I'm going for that. I haven't looked too deep into cook temp. Just internal temp. I do know slower is better with birds in almost every application.

I was thinking 300-350, let me know how your bird turns out. I plan on doing mine thursday.

Even with the heat spike and only a 30 min brine soak its one. Of the best turkeys I've ever had.

A special brine?

3 different recipes said 350. I'm going for that. I haven't looked too deep into cook temp. Just internal temp. I do know slower is better with birds in almost every application.

I was thinking 300-350, let me know how your bird turns out. I plan on doing mine thursday.

Even with the heat spike and only a 30 min brine soak its one. Of the best turkeys I've ever had.

A special brine?

This sounds good

http://www.grouprecipes.com/31475/smoked-turkey-big-green-egg-style.html

Yay, it's Monday again. . .

Yesterday evening I was working in the driveway, had shit laid for everywhere, one minute it's light, another it's dark and I'm scrambling to put everything away.

It pisses me off. We need more daylight in the winter, not the summer. DST is bullshit.

Some areas don't observe it. I think there's a city in Indiana that doesn't.

It's alright at first when it's light out on the way to work, but in a few months it'll be dark again

46* in shorts a long sleeve but thin T-shirt and windbreaker felt cold with that light breeze this morning.

J

Yay, it's Monday again. . .

Yay.... Beginning of a very, very long week over here.

It's alright at first when it's light out on the way to work, but in a few months it'll be dark again

Arizona doesn't. We go back and forth between Pacific and Mountain time zones.

J

350 sounds about right for whole turkey. If you cut it up and fry it like chicken you'll want to boost it to 375-400.

I know Sean (from previous years) does not agree. lol

Probably because properly fried food absorbs very little oil. The extra moistness you're referring to is due to the fact that deep frying allows you to cook a turkey in half the time it takes to bake. Faster cooking time equals less moisture loss which in turns equals juicier meat. It's the same reason all the top tier steakhouses use 1200F+ infrared broilers.

We didn't several years ago, then they voted to change it. It was perfect before, now it sucks.

Were all your TV times off an hour or do local broadcasters correct that?

A special brine?

I used a healthy dose of worchestershire, a little soy, a little salt, some rosemary Brown sugar and a lemon cut in half. And onion powder. Due to such a short brine, I used a long thin syringe to inject the brine. I rubbed under and over the skin with a garlic, sage, and thyme butter. Stuffed the bird with a half onion and a couple lemons. Awesome.

I know Sean (from previous years) does not agree. lol

Probably because properly fried food absorbs very little oil. The extra moistness you're referring to is due to the fact that deep frying allows you to cook a turkey in half the time it takes to bake. Faster cooking time equals less moisture loss which in turns equals juicier meat. It's the same reason all the top tier steakhouses use 1200F+ infrared broilers.

That's why I rock infrared, no 1200F but much more than your typical gas burner.

sup guys, anything been happening lately? i gotta get back on my bump cause i currently aint got nething but a crappy jlw1 from my 1st system ever, lawlz. considering some rockfords\

i want a t1, but ideally a p3(preferably the shallow ones too, lol)

sup guys, anything been happening lately? i gotta get back on my bump cause i currently aint got nething but a crappy jlw1 from my 1st system ever, lawlz. considering some rockfords\

:sleepwerd4:

Gas, induction or GTFO for range tops.

:werd_msword:

Why not some SSA woofers?