mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Back from the gym.

I did squats and bent over rows, all went well, although I feel a very slight discomfort in my middle back. I did not go overboard with the workout since I haven't lifted anything in over 8 years :)

GM has officially built 100,000,000 Small Block V8 engines

No they haven't. New GM has no link to GM; they are a brand new company with no ties to the old one, so therefore, they had to start counting again.

No they haven't. New GM has no link to GM; they are a brand new company with no ties to the old one, so therefore, they had to start counting again.

Truth. I can't believe they are not responsible for any "old GM" problems. I recently bought a GM vehicle for my dd and I enjoy it. But damn reading on that bailout shit makes me sick.

wow i just watched the whole thing and didnt plan to lmao. Two of my favorite things there, science and colbert lol

I loved when Dr. Tyson said "It has no obligation to make sense to you because your sense didnt come from there!" when he was talking about quantum physics.

im so inspired right now, thanks for posting this. Man your just gettin everything right this weekend lmao!

wow i just watched the whole thing and didnt plan to lmao. Two of my favorite things there, science and colbert lol

I loved when Dr. Tyson said "It has no obligation to make sense to you because your sense didnt come from there!" when he was talking about quantum physics.

im so inspired right now, thanks for posting this. Man your just gettin everything right this weekend lmao!

When my brain is really firing along at work and I am not being disturbed, I will listen to talks from Dr Tyson, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sagan and some Hawkins.

Back from the gym.

I did squats and bent over rows, all went well, although I feel a very slight discomfort in my middle back. I did not go overboard with the workout since I haven't lifted anything in over 8 years :)

Sounds like you're doing it right :fing34:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

When my brain is really firing along at work and I am not being disturbed, I will listen to talks from Dr Tyson, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sagan and some Hawkins.

Ill have to start listening to more of them! I guess drinking a pot of coffee before i watched it was kind of necessary lol too bad i didnt use that buzz towards studying for finals though :shrug:

:fing34:

awesome!

some of my favorites as well, you might also enjoy Lawrence Krause.

deGrasse has been on The Colbert Report a few times and it's always a good interview. He handles Colbert better than most of the people interviewed on the show.

deGrasse has been on The Colbert Report a few times and it's always a good interview. He handles Colbert better than most of the people interviewed on the show.

I just finished watching the interview at the kimberley university, and ordered some of his books on amazon. :dancing:

I just finished watching the interview at the kimberley university, and ordered some of his books on amazon. :dancing:

Well done sir. The Large Hadron Collider he speaks of, is one of the projects I donate computing power to. :)

some of my favorites as well, you might also enjoy Lawrence Krause.

Thanks for posting.

Adrian. Just be slow with your back. You only get one!

Keep up the good work.

Well done sir. The Large Hadron Collider he speaks of, is one of the projects I donate computing power to. :)

I've been watching the LHC for the past few years, I remember when it was originally up for testing and it broke. Pretty amazing feat.

Also remember it recording some absurd amount of data every second, likely that's what everyone's donated computers are working on. 15 million gigabytes per year (just looked it up) so crazy.

Listening to these last interviews and discussions has really opened my eyes to cosmology, astrology, and the general idea of space-type-shit (for a lack of a better word), and has me thinking that this just may in fact be that subject or field I decide to major in after gen eds.

I've been watching the LHC for the past few years, I remember when it was originally up for testing and it broke. Pretty amazing feat.

Also remember it recording some absurd amount of data every second, likely that's what everyone's donated computers are working on. 15 million gigabytes per year (just looked it up) so crazy.

Listening to these last interviews and discussions has really opened my eyes to cosmology, astrology, and the general idea of space-type-shit (for a lack of a better word), and has me thinking that this just may in fact be that subject or field I decide to major in after gen eds.

After watching the interview i had to call my dad and talk to him about my career choice because it reaffirmed my fascination for those sciences that ive always had, which are somewhat different than my major. Im getting close to a crossroads in my life and now my decision that was once clear has become a little muddy :shrug:

Have you watched NOVA on PBS?

I've been watching the LHC for the past few years, I remember when it was originally up for testing and it broke. Pretty amazing feat.Also remember it recording some absurd amount of data every second, likely that's what everyone's donated computers are working on. 15 million gigabytes per year (just looked it up) so crazy.Listening to these last interviews and discussions has really opened my eyes to cosmology, astrology, and the general idea of space-type-shit (for a lack of a better word), and has me thinking that this just may in fact be that subject or field I decide to major in after gen eds.
After watching the interview i had to call my dad and talk to him about my career choice because it reaffirmed my fascination for those sciences that ive always had, which are somewhat different than my major. Im getting close to a crossroads in my life and now my decision that was once clear has become a little muddy :shrug:

I hear ya. :)

Have you watched NOVA on PBS?

I have from time to time, but I don't watch tv very often, I should check it out more often.

Back from the gym.

Sounds like you're doing it right :fing34:

Sore legs and biceps today :P