mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Well, I was coming home from the store and it started snowing like a motherfucker. The roads were a complete mess. I got to a hill about 3 miles from home and there was about 8 cars lined up. Someone slid off the road into a pole and blocked the way. So I backed down the hill and have been sitting in some shitty bar for 3 hours waiting for the road to be cleared. Fuck the snow.

Well, I was coming home from the store and it started snowing like a motherfucker. The roads were a complete mess. I got to a hill about 3 miles from home and there was about 8 cars lined up. Someone slid off the road into a pole and blocked the way. So I backed down the hill and have been sitting in some shitty bar for 3 hours waiting for the road to be cleared. Fuck the snow.

What a fucking drag. Reminds me of the videos people on Youtube where a car begins to drive on a snow covered road, loses traction, and slides into a parked car. Then five minutes another car comes and does the exact same thing. Even saw one with a city bus.

It started to get pretty bad. I think there was 3 wrecks in the time I was in there. A salt truck slid off the road and into the creek too.

Has anyone heard of a bad batch of sundown 2500s? That they needed a fix directly from sundown?

It started to get pretty bad. I think there was 3 wrecks in the time I was in there. A salt truck slid off the road and into the creek too.

Sounds like it. Whenever the weather is abnormal here, people freak out and halve their driving speed, which at times is an annoyance. :lol:

It's the same way here. There were so many people who just gave up on the interstate and were waiting in their cars on the emergency lane.

Waiting wouldn't have been so bad if I were 21 :P

Have you just tried on ordering a drink?

It works--sometimes. :P

I didn't even think to try. I'm from a small town, half the people in there knew me or my parents. Plus, I don't think drinking before I drove up an icy hill would have been the best idea :lol:

I didn't even think to try. I'm from a small town, half the people in there knew me or my parents. Plus, I don't think drinking before I drove up an icy hill would have been the best idea :lol:

Valid points. :P

Not that I'm interested, but I went to the mecp site just for kicks, they have practice tests for the final exam, they charge $15 for'em. :lol:

So let me get this right... You aren't able to drive in bad weather at a reduced speed safely but able to drink?

Bottle of wine and a few beers later...

We don't stop driving unless they throw us in jail, and when the close the roads, even the plows stop, so the cops stop, so nobody is going to jail, SO, we just keep driving.

Christmas/New Year's recap

my aunt (technically my biological uncle's first wife, but still more of an aunt than bitch he married) lost her battle with cancer

my cousin hit a whoop while skiing near Teluride and got launched into a tree, snapped his tibia like a chicken bone; had to load him in the car and drive him to a local clinic, then reload him in the car and drive to some hospital in Durango (surgeon there wouldn't operate on it because his x-ray "looked like there might be a sarcoma", fucking retard), so they spent then night in Durango, loaded him into the car yet again and drove to Lubbock. Clean break, no rod/screws necessary, he got hella lucky

another cousin in Houston somehow got a nice gash on her forehead (details are fuzzy) and had to be taken in to the ER for stitches at the same time her dad was in surgery to get his knee drained because of a staph infection (still not sure how that happened either)

liquor totals: a fifth of Crown, a fifth of 1792, a handle of Jack, a few cases of "beer"

tons of great food, but I was stuck on the toilet a couple days ago shitting pure liquid fire outta my ass for a good 10 minutes straight, so I guess it evens out

and uh......the Cowgirls choked like the little bitches they are

did I miss anything while I was gone?

I am completely confused why a surgeon wouldn't operate one someone when they have a sarcoma. I'm not a doctor but it doesn't make a Hell of a lot of sense to not treat someone with surgery when the treatment for a sarcoma is surgery. If its there you take it out, if its not.... Then no worries.

I most be missing something.

I am completely confused why a surgeon wouldn't operate one someone when they have a sarcoma. I'm not a doctor but it doesn't make a Hell of a lot of sense to not treat someone with surgery when the treatment for a sarcoma is surgery. If its there you take it out, if its not.... Then no worries.

I most be missing something.

The doctor in Durango wanted to do an IM rod + screws, which involves setting the leg in a splint, removing the patella, reaming out the middle of the tibia, hammering in the rod, driving the screws through the tibia into the rod, replacing the patella, and stapling all the incisions shut. After viewing the x-ray, he saw a "soft spot" near the break and decided he wouldn't do anything without an oncologist first biopsying the area to determine if it was a granuloma, sarcoma, or just a soft spot in the bone. He's partially right, because agitating the sarcoma (if it were a sarcoma) with said surgery just makes it go into hyperdrive and spreading through the body that much faster. Sarcomas are a lot like asbestos products that you find in older homes in that they're typically benign unless agitated. An IM rod would be wrong for this application, however, as the leg was not displaced at all; a simple plaster cast to immobilize is all that is required. After the bone has healed, the "soft spot" in the leg can then be biopsied (if they so choose) to determine what it is. This way, the leg heals properly and the "sarcoma" (if it were a sarcoma) remains undisturbed.

So let me get this right... You aren't able to drive in bad weather at a reduced speed safely but able to drink?

Road was closed. When it opened I left. I wasn't drinking. I tried to turn around and go another way but the highway was closed. So it was either sit in my car and wait or go inside and wait.

3.5 hours to go!

24 hour day today, 9 hours till I hit the sheets

You work 24 straight?

No, 9 hour shifts, but I wasn't able to fall asleep yesterday afternoon, so I get a 24 hour day