mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Wish i could combine my hobby of audio with my hobby of motorcycles :(

Get a harley with a big windscreen and speakers.

Get a harley with a big windscreen and speakers.

My fault for not being more specific. I wish i could combine my two hobbies; good audio and good motorcycles. ;)

This motorcycle had a pretty nice stereo for a bike. It's in the lobby at Kicker HQ.

101_0230.jpg

Wish i could combine my hobby of audio with my hobby of motorcycles :(

Can't fit a subwoofer in/on the buell?

This motorcycle had a pretty nice stereo for a bike. It's in the lobby at Kicker HQ.

101_0230.jpg

Until you ride the thing. It's stupid putting speakers in a bike, I'd much rather just listen to the engine (of course I wouldn't be on a cruiser with grandma on the back, with a skull bandanna over my face either).

This was in there too and had a nicer stereo.

101_0219.jpg

It's stupid putting speakers in a bike,

It's asinine. But i keep on wasting time trying to think of a way when they clearly, clearly don't go together.

And surprised Sean remembers i have a buell! :)

It's asinine. But i keep on wasting time trying to think of a way when they clearly, clearly don't go together.

That's not all he remembers. ;)

I would say just use headphones, but then again, I'd rather have whatever hearing I have left for traffic.

This was in there too and had a nicer stereo.

Most of us Buell owners have quite a grudge against HD.

What about modding your helmet with some badass headphones?

Without HD, there would be no Buell.

Without HD, I couldn't get any lumber either.

:lol: But yes.

That's heavily arguable and something that no one will ever know.

However, it's hard to argue that its not a dick move for HD to not carry Buell parts and refuse to service Buell motorcycles even though they announced that they would be carrying parts and offering service for 3 years after dropping Buell.

:shrug:

Isn't Erik buell trying to get started back up? I saw awhile ago he was releasing a new bike under "Erik Buell Racing." Idk if it ever happened though.

Isn't Erik buell trying to get started back up? I saw awhile ago he was releasing a new bike under "Erik Buell Racing." Idk if it ever happened though.

I think they may be in production, but for racing, not street.

Edit: I guess it may be street legal, but there only making a hundred, with a price tag of ~40k.

Yup! EBR is out there and racing; and doing pretty well. Erik made a road legal version of their race bike as... essentially a promotional/ media stunt. Only 100 of them were made and they cost like $30,000 i think. But there is a full line coming, they just aren't there yet. The 1190rs was just Erik finally being able to make a bike the exact way he wanted. Check out their website!

http://www.erikbuellracing.com/

I think they may be in production, but for racing, not street.

That would make sense. I hope they are able to start back up, making street legal bikes.

They're even a smaller company now than Buell originally was. They don't have the money the big companies have; it will take them a while to get a line out there. I'm excited to see where it goes! But i'm mostly a streetfighter motorcycle fan, so I'm a little nervous to see what happens!

Yup! EBR is out there and racing; and doing pretty well. Erik made a road legal version of their race bike as... essentially a promotional/ media stunt. Only 100 of them were made and they cost like $30,000 i think. But there is a full line coming, they just aren't there yet. The 1190rs was just Erik finally being able to make a bike the exact way he wanted. Check out their website!

http://www.erikbuellracing.com/

Holy hell. I was looking at buying a buell this last summer. It just didn't work out, I had other commitments that took all my money. Maybe this next year!

Sean now is the time to buy man. They seem to only get cheaper and cheaper. Got mine, a 2010 xb12ss with ~1,100 miles for $7,200 out the door.

This year a guy on my forum got a 2009 xb12ss with 1,400 miles for $4,900 out the door. They're dropping like hot cakes.

But remember, lots and lots of parts are really hard to find. Both cosmetic and mechanical parts can be hard to find. And its a coin flip as to whether your HD dealer will service it or not; essentially ignore a warranty if your bike comes with one.

Damn! Time to start looking again.

Wouldn't hurt to join buellxb.com

It's by far the most helpful forum I've found in the past 3 years or so.

We would love to add another member to the buell brotherhood =]

You'll find out that it's a pretty tight community

fuck, i picked the 2 coldest days of the winter to replace the valve gaskets..

still have something else wrong, flashing ses, could be o2 sensor. should get the codes read soon.

my great uncle had a marine amp hooked up to aftermarket marine speakers mounted in (I'm assuming it was a factory option) factory cutouts in his Road Glide/Electra Glide and was plenty loud even at freeway speeds.