mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

480330_10150681591942980_35532592979_9318488_555334996_n.jpg

:lol:

Anybody up? Drunk Ihop bump...

drunk already? damn

drunk already? damn

Haha my day off is Tuesday! Of course I'm drunk right now!

Well I've finally decided to get in shape. Focusing on keeping true to a routine. tongue.png

Also starting barefoot running.

Barefoot FTW!

I have a good friend whose been barefoot running, nutrition, and paleo diet for years, so that definitely helps.

There is a reason we have evolved and started wearing something to protect our feet,

Haha so true. I like my shoes.

Well I've finally decided to get in shape. Focusing on keeping true to a routine. tongue.png

Barefoot FTW!

I have a good friend whose been barefoot running, nutrition, and paleo diet for years, so that definitely helps.

There is a reason we have evolved and started wearing something to protect our feet,

Our bodies may have evolved, but I don't believe nature intended on us putting something over our feet. Just my opinion.

When you run barefoot, you land on the front of your foot, and with traditional running shoes you land on your heal. There has been dozens of studies that show landing on your heel increases the chance of an injury and reduces performance. You also land with less impact when barefoot. Sure there are times when your going to need shoes, at work, public places, extreme temp, but considering my friend can run a 10mi hiking trail through desert, and up the mountains without an injury or pain, is enough proof for me.

I should also mention, you can't simply take off your shoes, and start running barefoot. Everything has to be relearned, and built up from scratch.

Edited by stefanhinote

When I was young that was commonplace for me, now my feet are wimpy

I got into "barefoot" running a while back. I say that with quotes because I did it with Vibram Five Finger shoes. For me I need some protection on the bottom of my feet (mostly on hard packed) because of a bone spur that has come up from a broken foot a couple years back. Also the Vibram's prevent sharper object from hurting your feet and I honestly don't care to have feet that are nastier than what I have now.

I think its great and I LOVE forefoot running (it is the only true way to run IMO). Here are a few things I've observed...

1. The Vibram's were considerably lighter, which helped my speeds increase.
  2. Forefoot running can easily be achieved in running shoes and can be as effective (The counter to that is I see plenty of people heel strike in Vibram's)
  3. Your feet get more of a workout in the Vibram's and you feel more agile (a very good thing)
  4. Lifting that requires you to be on your feet are more effective barefoot or in Vibram's
  5. Your calf's get a huge workout with forefoot strike (again a very good thing as you are training you calf to be a shock absorber instead of your knee joint)

Overall, I found that the KSO's I got didn't do enough to protect my bone spur on very hard surfaces, but they are the best water shoes I've ever had. Eventually, I will get another pair of Vibram's but I will look to something that has a little more tread on the bottom.

Barefoot FTW!

What reason is that? Everything I have read says we could EASILY of stayed barefoot and been just fine.

Saying that is like saying that justin bieber and lady gaga is the result of evolution from bands like Guns and Roses, Poison, Led Zepplin, Def Leppard, and more.

J

I got into "barefoot" running a while back. I say that with quotes because I did it with Vibram Five Finger shoes. For me I need some protection on the bottom of my feet (mostly on hard packed) because of a bone spur that has come up from a broken foot a couple years back. Also the Vibram's prevent sharper object from hurting your feet and I honestly don't care to have feet that are nastier than what I have now.

I think its great and I LOVE forefoot running (it is the only true way to run IMO). Here are a few things I've observed...

2. Forefoot running can easily be achieved in running shoes and can be as effective (The counter to that is I see plenty of people heel strike in Vibram's)
  3. Your feet get more of a workout in the Vibram's and you feel more agile (a very good thing)
  4. Lifting that requires you to be on your feet are more effective barefoot or in Vibram's
  5. Your calf's get a huge workout with forefoot strike (again a very good thing as you are training you calf to be a shock absorber instead of your knee joint)

Overall, I found that the KSO's I got didn't do enough to protect my bone spur on very hard surfaces, but they are the best water shoes I've ever had. Eventually, I will get another pair of Vibram's but I will look to something that has a little more tread on the bottom.

I tried those shoes too, but my toes were to long for them. We used to run barefoot all the time, it made our feet feel less when licking through wood and blocks. It has been years since I have done any of that.

I am either barefoot ar in my birks!

I ordered some vibrams, but I won't use them until my running is correct when barefoot. :)

Also starting a lean gain diet.

Ribs over cherry!

2012-03-20_10-58-28_952.jpg

Flying is so damn expensive.

Do you mean learning or traveling?

I tried those shoes too, but my toes were to long for them. We used to run barefoot all the time, it made our feet feel less when licking through wood and blocks. It has been years since I have done any of that.

I am either barefoot ar in my birks!

Whenever I can be, I'm with you.

Ribs over cherry!

2012-03-20_10-58-28_952.jpg

Yummy and SHIT, I never sent you gasket material. Been traveling so much I forgot. Having a showing on the house didn't help. Coming eventually.

Got the power disconnected today.

No warning, no nothing. Apparently we didn't pay our bill from February. Funny part is the people at the electrical company said they sent the bill and warnings.

FUCK THIS, $100 for reconnection, like that $100 was something I didn't know what to do with...

And the fucking idiots who disconnected it couldn't wait for dad to go and pay. Chop the wires, off we went.

Stupid fucking country.

I was referring to travelling. I need to fly to Colorado this summer and its looking like the most reasonable and cheapest is about $433 round trip per person. It would be at least 2 of us and possibly 4. Driving we could split gas and be out $160 per for 2 and $80 per for 4.

No worries Sean as you can see mine is still ok, but I am being proactive. :)

I was referring to travelling. I need to fly to Colorado this summer and its looking like the most reasonable and cheapest is about $433 round trip per person. It would be at least 2 of us and possibly 4. Driving we could split gas and be out $160 per for 2 and $80 per for 4.

Ok I was going to say if you get my way let me know, my buddy has a nice piper cub that is fun.

Flying fun TOP!

Barefoot FTW!

What reason is that? Everything I have read says we could EASILY of stayed barefoot and been just fine.

Saying that is like saying that justin bieber and lady gaga is the result of evolution from bands like Guns and Roses, Poison, Led Zepplin, Def Leppard, and more.

J

I'm sorry,but that analogy is so far off base, but technically all "music" is an evolution of that before it. Gaga and Beiber may have some way been influenced by them.

Back to the feet. While we may not have a NEED for shoes or clothes, the evolution of our brains to produce such textiles to adapt to our environment is evolution. We don't need modern medicine or practices either, but we have evolved to use them. They are all tools built out of a necessity, just like our arms, legs,fingers, yell, every part of us.

I certainly believe in medicine, and other technological advancements, and yes protection for our feet is needed under extreme circumstances, but otherwise I believe shoes for running do more harm then good.

Tack on about 500 bucks for wear and tear but yeah you're still looking at 400 per for 2, 200 per for 4. ~2000 miles round trip split between 2-4 people is cake.

Edited by Penguin4x4