mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Bought a new bike today biggrin.png

Bianchi (italian brand) mountain bike, 20 inch frame, it needed a new front tire. Bike + new tire + new tube was $60. I feel slightly guilty for "betraying" my old bike, which I have had for around 10 years...

Is it a Taiwanese "giant" Bianchi or a real one?

Please excuse the work clothes, I was just done changing the tire and cleaning the thing since it was washed down with diesel.

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

I may change the handle bars and handle bar tube with the one on my old bike. It's shorter and would allow me to ride taller.

Actually looks pretty good. Seat is too low, but the position isn't bad at all. Fit is better than I've seen leaving most bike shops, lol. It'd be better too if you didn't have such weird foot positioning on your pedals. Balls of your feet work better ;)

Coloration would have me guess Taiwan, but you are in Europe...

What component group is on it?

i'd start by looking for an exchange for non I-suck product. tongue.png

Suggestions sir? smile.png

I just really despise the whole Apple business plan. Jealous of it for sure, but nonetheless I don't subscribe to any of it. The nickel and dime me over time shit I just can't handle. That and having something that starts out slow already so that bloatware doesn't catch up to it is not an advantage. If you have to rip your shit clean periodically to "turbo" it that's fine.

After I posted that last comment I actually stepped into the Apple store and played with a phone. The interface is nearly as slow as my nearly dead POS droid 2. If you test drive a 4g phone running the latest Droid software ANY of them will feel super snappy in comparison.

I also truly think the Apple email program blows fucking goats. The Droid's isn't super slick either, but kills the Apple. I'd say the same about the internet experience also, but that is much closer to being a wash other than the Iphone just seems slow. Add to that the piss poor voice recognition as well and I actually don't understand why anyone would want one, applesuckers aside.

Have no idea as a music or video server as I don't really use either. I'd bet its music interface is better, but I'd bet the opposite on the video experience just judging from its speed. May be the same or better though, I have no idea and don't use my phone for either.

Priorities for me are:

1) Email

2) Phone

3) Internet

4) Anything else

Lights are hung in the gym.

Off to buy a snowmobile, hopefully.

Didn't you just get that race one? Replacing yours now?

Not replacing, these are for different purposes

polarisy.jpg

And yes, I just bought a race sled. The other is a consumer.

What's all that white stuff on the ground ?

Oh fuck, that's right......it's snow.

Haven't had any in so long I forgot what it looks like.

Not that I'm complaining.

Piss on your snowmobiling Sean tongue.png

I'd rather enjoy these 80o March days than be outside shoveling snow right now like I usually am.

I just really despise the whole Apple business plan. Jealous of it for sure, but nonetheless I don't subscribe to any of it. The nickel and dime me over time shit I just can't handle. That and having something that starts out slow already so that bloatware doesn't catch up to it is not an advantage. If you have to rip your shit clean periodically to "turbo" it that's fine.

After I posted that last comment I actually stepped into the Apple store and played with a phone. The interface is nearly as slow as my nearly dead POS droid 2. If you test drive a 4g phone running the latest Droid software ANY of them will feel super snappy in comparison.

I also truly think the Apple email program blows fucking goats. The Droid's isn't super slick either, but kills the Apple. I'd say the same about the internet experience also, but that is much closer to being a wash other than the Iphone just seems slow. Add to that the piss poor voice recognition as well and I actually don't understand why anyone would want one, applesuckers aside.

Have no idea as a music or video server as I don't really use either. I'd bet its music interface is better, but I'd bet the opposite on the video experience just judging from its speed. May be the same or better though, I have no idea and don't use my phone for either.

Priorities for me are:

1) Email

2) Phone

3) Internet

4) Anything else

Android is the way to go. Especially if rooted and loaded with custom aftermarket firmware. Jailbroken iPhone could work also, but I wouldn't piss on Apple if they were on fire.

Palomas and made from scratch enchiladas are an awesome combination

Priorities for me are:

1) Email

2) Phone

3) Internet

4) Anything else

Android is the way to go. Especially if rooted and loaded with custom aftermarket firmware. Jailbroken iPhone could work also, but I wouldn't piss on Apple if they were on fire.

I don't want to have to screw around with rooting and all that crap. I want to be able to buy something that does what I want to without screwing with it. I have two jobs that involve modifying premade stuff to do what I want, and I don't want to have to do that on my phone.

I haven't played with an iPhone next to any new droid, heck I haven't played with ANY new droid newer than a 1+yr old Samsung Nexus. If their email program sucks that bad, that pretty much knocks it out for me. Email is the only reason I still have a smart phone and haven't gone back to dumb phones.

Shimano 200GS stuff all around. And it has a huge "Made in Italy" stamp on the main tube. Butted steel tubes and lighter than my old bike :)

Off to buy a snowmobile, hopefully.

Didn't you just get that race one? Replacing yours now?

Not replacing, these are for different purposes

polarisy.jpg

And yes, I just bought a race sled. The other is a consumer.

What's all that white stuff on the ground ?

A photochop hiding an unsplit tree in the background and my buddies car.

Oh fuck, that's right......it's snow.

Haven't had any in so long I forgot what it looks like.

It's been up to 85 here already, we had snow for less than 15 days the whole fucking winter and it was only a dusting. Really none here and considering I fucking live in Minnesnowta that is absurd.

Shimano 200GS stuff all around. And it has a huge "Made in Italy" stamp on the main tube. Butted steel tubes and lighter than my old bike smile.png

Then it was a steal. (terrible pun)

Priorities for me are:

1) Email

2) Phone

3) Internet

4) Anything else

I don't want to have to screw around with rooting and all that crap. I want to be able to buy something that does what I want to without screwing with it. I have two jobs that involve modifying premade stuff to do what I want, and I don't want to have to do that on my phone.

I haven't played with an iPhone next to any new droid, heck I haven't played with ANY new droid newer than a 1+yr old Samsung Nexus. If their email program sucks that bad, that pretty much knocks it out for me. Email is the only reason I still have a smart phone and haven't gone back to dumb phones.

Non-rooted its still way better.