mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

3 more hrs of driving 2 vegas. If the wife didn't need her herb I would be on a plane and aleady there.

Played around some more with the processing today, crossed the subwoofer as low as the ms8 will allow, 50hz, and there's less "boom-ness" that muddied the front stage, and just impact. Like it a lot more, but I have to eq 50hz - ~100hz down to control the mid excursion, for now.

This paper will never get finished. morning.gif

I have to write a paper on "insiders & outsiders" / conformity / antihero. Finally decided what to write about, only I need to reread the book today for character details, and turn in the paper in the morning. :lol:

I have to write a paper on "insiders & outsiders" / conformity / antihero. Finally decided what to write about, only I need to reread the book today for character details, and turn in the paper in the morning. laugh.png

Mine is a open argumentative paper. Simple University level composition. So the paper wouldn't be hard, but my professor a bit nutty. He wants an outline to be 2000 words. I usually do my outlines as something like this:

1) Claim

A) Reason

i) evidence

ii) evidence

B) Reason

and so on. So i'm kinda writing a outline/paper with an annotated bibliography to get this word limit done. Professor clearly should have gone into more detail on what he really wanted from this assignment.

Best of luck on yours Stefan!

I knew this awesome weather wasn't going to last forever :(

but it still stinks when it's going to be below thirty tomorrow

I swear some people are so unwilling to bargain it makes me sick.

J

J

I was at the petroleum swap meet last year in Fowlerville Michigan and this guy was selling an original St. Clair DIno gas station sign. About 15" diameter circle. He wanted $25 for it, I only had $24. I literally showed him my empty wallet and the $24 in my hand while telling him that's all I had. He said that he wasn't going to be bargained down by someone younger than his grandson. It was infuriating. Age discrimination blows

ierID.png

I lol'ed at that one. Pretty soon it'll be time to watch the GCB on ABC. :D I love Sundays.

J

I've been haggling with a recycler for over a year on an engine they want $1K for. I've offered them $800 and they still refuse. It's been sitting there for 1.5 years and they won't deal for $200 less. Oh well.

GCB is a fucking riot

Played around some more with the processing today, crossed the subwoofer as low as the ms8 will allow, 50hz, and there's less "boom-ness" that muddied the front stage, and just impact. Like it a lot more, but I have to eq 50hz - ~100hz down to control the mid excursion, for now.

Surprised how limited the MS8 is. :(

I knew this awesome weather wasn't going to last forever sad.png

but it still stinks when it's going to be below thirty tomorrow

If you get dumped on for snow, I'll see you on Tuesday :)

Surprised how limited the MS8 is. sad.png

Yeah me too. I was planning on trying lower too.

I may switch to a bit one down the road. The ms8 works, but I'm not sold on the autotune, not that I ever was, but figured I could still use processing with it off, which isn't the case exactly.

I find this to be a fairly accurate metaphor for my mental status at any given time

cute-animals-daily-squee-im-confused.jpg

Edited by Penguin4x4

J

I've been haggling with a recycler for over a year on an engine they want $1K for. I've offered them $800 and they still refuse. It's been sitting there for 1.5 years and they won't deal for $200 less. Oh well.

Damn man. That's really a crock.

J

J

I know the feeling. There's a local audio shop that still has shit from the mid 90s that he absolutely refuses to sell anywhere close to a reasonable price for 15-year-old equipment. Alpine Type X components, Phoenix Gold Cyclones, Phoenix Gold Ti amps, Pioneer Premier everything, original Soundstream Rubicon amps, etc. The guy is loaded w/ primo shit that I would love to have. I've been haggling with this guy every so often for like the last 10 years ...

What are you crossing the bottom of the mid at?

Off to grandmothers house I went! I love her Bunn, the thing can rock out some coffee.

Off to the hell hole.

Below 40F today, where's the snow?