mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Mode D, E, F

No timing box on this IQR. Original R motor was ripped out from day one and replaced with a trail 600HO that was sent to Carl's for a big bore kit. More HP than the race block though smile.png

Sounds pretty trick, but I was referring to a Mingus track. :P

That's pretty wild how much power they can stuff under that seat.

Anyone else practice intermittent fasting?

I've been doing 16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window, for the last two weeks. Overall I just feel better, more productive, and it promotes protein synthesis, which is nice since I'm trying to get in better shape. Also stopped eating processed foods, whole grains, and anything rich in sugar, aside from some fruit.

What takes your body 16 hours takes mine 6-8.

Huh?

Metabolism's a bitch or a blessing. Ryan basically said the same thing and imagine that has a similar propensity for gaining body fat to me.

Body fat? Whats that?

Not sure, never had it myself. Something I've heard about though.

I wish I had been blessed with genes like those. Sadly Its rather easy for me to add on body fat. Additionally, my legs can grow like weeds when I work them, but my upper body take forever to respond to training.

J

I'm 6'7" and 215lbs, plenty of frame to hold fat, but it doesn't happen. I can eat almost anything, but that being said I mostly eat rather healthily since I prefer real food.

5'10" and 215. Italian, Polish, German and a little Irish. My metabolism seemed to die off around 17. Granted thats the same time Alcohol really seemed to enter my life.

I know if I ate 'cleaner' more natural foods, and not froze/processed foods it would help a lot. I just cannot afford GOOD local restaurants daily, nor do I have the time to cook each day/night. I gotta plan more.

J

Here's an article you might find interesting on the effects of alcohol to muscle growth and fat loss, or perhaps I should say lack of. :)

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

I've never counted calories before, but decided to try it out today, and see how much exactly I'm getting in comparison to what is suggested.

I used Katch-McArdle formula for an approximation on resting metabolic rate, then accounted for slight movement from walking around all day, plus exercise, and came up with 2600ish.

And.... I ate ~2800cal today. Actually had to focus on eating more. :lol:

Finally getting workload under control. Might be able to actually do something tomorrow... GASP!

Mode D, E, F

No timing box on this IQR. Original R motor was ripped out from day one and replaced with a trail 600HO that was sent to Carl's for a big bore kit. More HP than the race block though smile.png

Sounds pretty trick, but I was referring to a Mingus track. tongue.png

That's pretty wild how much power they can stuff under that seat.

The power is between your legs, not under your seat :P

Somewhere around 150hp from 660cc @8250rpm

Now if Ryan could get over his hate of cold, he would have a new found love of gasoline powered machines.

It changes perspectives that is for sure. I love seasons, but wish winter was longer.

My brother in law used to HATE winter, was going to move further South and so on. Last year I gave him a smoking deal on my old snowmobile and guess who never wants winter to leave now?

Speaking of family, just realized my sister had a boob job yesterday.

And no, I am not posting pics.

I've never counted calories before, but decided to try it out today, and see how much exactly I'm getting in comparison to what is suggested.

I used Katch-McArdle formula for an approximation on resting metabolic rate, then accounted for slight movement from walking around all day, plus exercise, and came up with 2600ish.

And.... I ate ~2800cal today. Actually had to focus on eating more. laugh.png

What is your body size?

And.... I ate ~2800cal today. Actually had to focus on eating more. laugh.png

What is your body size?

125lbs, 5' 10". I guessed on the body fat percentage, I think I used 10%.

I need to change my rear tire this week, it's been bald for the last four rides, which makes for fun sliding into corners if there's a berm, otherwise I just slide past everything. :lol:

I keep getting a wild hair up my ass to put on a 2011+ new front suspension, but if I do that the rear is coming out and getting powder coated and a 1.5" Camoplast Intense track being added. I REALLY should just ride it next year....but I am not sure I can leave well enough alone.

Better suspension is always nice. Does the camoplast track have better traction?

I'd be going from a 1.25" finger track (trail) to a 1.5" paddle (off trail)

Already has a Camoplast Ripsaw with studs on it

Here's an article you might find interesting on the effects of alcohol to muscle growth and fat loss, or perhaps I should say lack of. smile.png

http://www.leangains...and-muscle.html

Very interesting. Actually, the whole site is pretty interesting.

I've been reading his stuff, basically doing the leangains, and reading Mark's Daily Apple http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

dog seems to have learned a new trick; hops over the back of the couch on to the seat cushion, doesn't even touch the back cushion or the frame.

NS12 back in stock?

They are not back in stock but solan has 2 of them left. At 450 a driver I may still look at other options first. I really need a driver with a little more thermal capability that can still reach high.

I still can't get over how short the track is. I very well may have to come ride one to see what I think of the short track.

NS12 back in stock?

They are not back in stock but solan has 2 of them left. At 450 a driver I may still look at other options first. I really need a driver with a little more thermal capability that can still reach high.

Not sure you'll gain thermal with the 12 over the 10.

And IMO $450 is too much.

I still can't get over how short the track is. I very well may have to come ride one to see what I think of the short track.

If you aren't in a foot of snow you don't need a whole lot of flotation. COMPLETELY different riding though. It isn't unusual for me to put on a couple hundred miles in a day. Instead of carving and leaning you rip through the woods scrolling around trees and jumping off every little embankment you come across.

Holy thunder storm. Woke up to it a wild one today and it was pitch dark about 10 minutes ago.