mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

My friend doing a pistol squat :lol:

Oh fuck what do I do! I ordered zcons and I don't know how much power I need!

Feeling like a HUGE moron for not buying the pair of DC Refs that recently sold.

I also need some processing. 5 channels in total and ridiculous amounts of flexibility and eq for two of the channels is required. 3, 4 and sub are easy.

Is it the DC refs or some of the zapcos that offer some sort of digital processing. Something to do with plugging into a computer?

After summer I think I'll be trying out a bit one, unless I find some deal on a fancy head-unit with everything.

Yay tomorrow is the abdominal CT scan.............Fuck how I hate drinking the beryllium.

J

Yay tomorrow is the abdominal CT scan.............Fuck how I hate drinking the beryllium.

J

Doesn't sound like a good time.

Yea time to check for hernia number 2 and perhaps 3.

J

I've sat in a 140dB car once about 6 years ago, don't have a desire to do it again.

I use ear plugs and ear muffs when burping the Jeep and it still hurts. It's slightly louder on the meter with me inside so I have to put up with it...

And all the customers which I build spl boxes for get a pair of ear muffs. There's nothing worse than rattling your brains out.

Got an olympic bar and 250 lbs in plates for $125 today. woot.gif

Nice buy :)

Full range, 500w x2 at 4 ohms. Used. Older & cheaper the better. Serious heatsinks and not opposed to fans. Efficiency wouldn't suck, but will be the compromise. Mono (1000w x1 at 2ohm is okay as well) as is 250w x4 at 8ohms.

My brain fucking shut off. So far I've got:

Zapco 1000.4

And yes, I'd compromise on less power if it's in the ball park.

And I'd prefer two of them..but one half of the 4 channels needs to be bridgeable.

What about 2 750.2's ?

I just bought 4 new Extremis 6.8 for $100. With shipping it's as much as I almost payed for 2 used ones on DIYMA. SCORE !

I just bought 4 new Extremis 6.8 for $100. With shipping it's as much as I almost payed for 2 used ones on DIYMA. SCORE !

NICE!

I've sat in a 140dB car once about 6 years ago, don't have a desire to do it again.

I use ear plugs and ear muffs when burping the Jeep and it still hurts. It's slightly louder on the meter with me inside so I have to put up with it...

And all the customers which I build spl boxes for get a pair of ear muffs. There's nothing worse than rattling your brains out.

my system has never really bothered me even though I'm doing 152's on the dash and 55's in the kick.

Feeling like a HUGE moron for not buying the pair of DC Refs that recently sold.

I also need some processing. 5 channels in total and ridiculous amounts of flexibility and eq for two of the channels is required. 3, 4 and sub are easy.

minidsp?

Full range, 500w x2 at 4 ohms. Used. Older & cheaper the better. Serious heatsinks and not opposed to fans. Efficiency wouldn't suck, but will be the compromise. Mono (1000w x1 at 2ohm is okay as well) as is 250w x4 at 8ohms.

Zapco 1000.4

And I'd prefer two of them..but one half of the 4 channels needs to be bridgeable.

cadence vegas - 450 x 2 bridged.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADENCE-VEGAS-AMP-4-CH-1800W-CLASS-AB-SPEAKER-AMPLIFIER-/110578970114?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item19bf052e02#ht_4903wt_954

actually i was going to recommend a cadence zrs 3002. 1000 x 1 @ 4ohm. i picked one up for $160 as a refurb from cadence's ebay store but i dont see any close to that price. 4 of them would be overkill i think.

minidsp?

Those things are badass !

Hey guys,

My girl is really looking for a new workout regimine. Her last one was 3 times a weak and she said she felt the beginning was geared more towards running and the end geared more towards body weight exercises (different instructor). She also said she saw more gains in the beginning, but we were also on a no bread diet at that time.

Anyways, we are both kind of looking for something radical to change in our diet. I'm really wanting something that focuses on eating like a cave man basically (meat, veggies, fruit, nuts). It just seems to be coming up a lot lately in my life and seems easily healthy.

Stefan - I read some of the Primal Bluprint stuff. I was wondering if the book and "21-day Transformation" were worth buying as a read and a guide to give us a good diet perspective and workout routine for her.

By the way, my girl doesn't have access to a gym but does have access to dumb bells ranging from 3 to 35 pounds and a pool.

Suggestions?

Don't make it so hard.

Eating healthy is simple. If you can tell what it is, where it came from, and how it was made by looking at it. Eat it. If you can't then don't. Other option is to read the label. If there is more than one ingredient you probably don't want it.

The only hard part is the first week or so. After that your body will start to tell you what amounts and of what to eat. LISTEN to it.

Really loving dubstep more and more every week.

I'd work on reducing grains (or completely remove if your alright without it), dairy is okay, some people cut it out, others still use it. Fruit is fine, but I still wouldn't eat a TON of it.

Saturated fat is fine, cholesterol is fine, but I wouldn't eat anything processed, or with polyunsaturated fat, hydrogenated, or high-fructose-corn-syrup.

Start using coconut oil, butter, olive oil for cooking instead of canola.

No need to remove grains. Just remove the ultra processed ones. If you want bread, make it yourself. Same with pasta. I can buy raw grains right at the coop, grind them in the vitamix and make whatever I want. Perfectly good for you. The classic

If you need a high heat oil instead of canola use grapeseed. We have some canola oil in the house for unusually delicate baking items but otherwise don't use it. We probably go through 10 gal of olive oil a year though. Lard is also an acceptable fat. Tastes fucking yummy too. And again no reason to make this complicated. I don't care about polyblablablab, hyrdoblabla etc but if it has more than a single ingredient it makes it easy.

Here are two other diets that I consider not only healthy, but eye opening and educational as well. I made these up to challenge one of my friends who tries everything but the right things. He tried both and they worked WAY better than any other BS diet or program I've seen.

1) The don't eat the same meal 2x in a month diet. This one is hard for most people, but not for me. It's how I prefer to live. My exception of course is breakfast, but that might have 3 duplicate meals in a month.

2) Eat 12 cups of vegetables a day. This might be one of the healthier things you can do.

Those were both geared to my ever expanding friend who basically if left to his own eats beef, american cheese and sugar.

Is it the DC refs or some of the zapcos that offer some sort of digital processing. Something to do with plugging into a computer?

After summer I think I'll be trying out a bit one, unless I find some deal on a fancy head-unit with everything.

Yep, although I want the power of the mini dsp so I wrote them off at first.

Zapco 1000.4

What about 2 750.2's ?

I don't really want to run four amps....

Perhaps I should have said, I need:

Mids: 500w x2 (4ohms) or 250 x4 at or 1000w 1 at 2ohm

Tweeters: 50w x1 at 4

Coaxes: >100w x2 at 2

Sub: >500w at whatever

ROFL. Two 1000.4's would have been perfect. :(

cadence vegas - 450 x 2 bridged.

http://www.ebay.com/...2#ht_4903wt_954

actually i was going to recommend a cadence zrs 3002. 1000 x 1 @ 4ohm. i picked one up for $160 as a refurb from cadence's ebay store but i dont see any close to that price. 4 of them would be overkill i think.

Any idea how they are heat sinked? Only reason I ask is that the Cerwin Vega version of the Arc amps don't fare so well in boat environments due to the heat. I "could" mount them in a different orientation and use a fan but then I have no access to the connections without a bunch of bs time building a flip down something or other to hold them.

My only knock on the minidsp is price. I don't need control as this is more or less a set it and forget it and can of course be dinked with while parked anyways. MOST of the time this stereo will be used with the alternator not spinning.

Wonder if the Cadence sub control will work as a volume control for the whole amp if used full range. I'd love to just completely forego the headunit and have three volume only knobs and the processor doing the rest of the work. Then no one could fuck anything up.

Until the batteries go into low situation and the amps shut off....hopefully.