mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Not so amusingly with half the power my old school 1500gti is within 3dB of anything else. If it didn't thermally die with double the power it would win nearly across the board. Fucking paper and folded paper surround though so it really won't live in the boat....still tempted.

What are you using for power?

wow, thats like stuffing a brat into a hotdog bun man. it just doesn't work the same

Not so sure you understand sound reinforcement. Just blindly following recommendations doesn't tell the story. I am ALWAYS one to preach to maintain, but for efficiency for on the water I'll break my own ideals. Obviously if I had more space I'd use it.

Real problem with the 18'" is that it would hang over my box by 1/16" on both sides if Mark's measurements are right.

Not so amusingly with half the power my old school 1500gti is within 3dB of anything else. If it didn't thermally die with double the power it would win nearly across the board. Fucking paper and folded paper surround though so it really won't live in the boat....still tempted.

Something small. Probably a Polk Audio, 1200w @1ohm little guy.

Depends on of course if I use something I have and am then restricted on impedance choice

okay, so i got out of work early since i had to work 13hrs today. guess that just means my night started early also. the meeting this morning went great and all is good. now onto the good shit, the music. i'm not quite to that point yet, but it will come soon enough. stay tuned!

For instance which would you pick. And yes it's rhetorical.

WinISD.jpg

And the peak in the middle shows a whopping 3dB of separation. NONE of the drivers are in anywhere near ideal boxes.

And the smooth one in the middle of it all that is well balanced is the old school GTI with half the power. Of course it's basically a pro audio driver so it makes sense.

Sorry, far left is 30Hz far right is 100Hz.

Dropping to a 12" will maintain a flat response WAY deeper, but I don't know that i care.

red, red, red, i choose red!! or maybe it's pink?????

For instance which would you pick. And yes it's rhetorical.

WinISD.jpg

Which is the XCON?

you know, i'm an SSA member now. can sombody intorduce me to that chick that do anything for an SSA member???

Something small. Probably a Polk Audio, 1200w @1ohm little guy.

I was thinking you were using 500, not sure why though.

That is the 18" Xcon Sealed in 3.5cuft.

Suprised at that.

Xcon18.jpg

That is actual cutout, actual overall diameter off the web. And yes, it sticks out 1/16" past the box so centering it may be a good idea :P

Suprised at that.

That's why I pointed out the left side is 30Hz.

It's two ported 15's, one the GTI, the other is a Gcon. Again, caveat being that the box isn't anywhere near ideal. Still rather impressive.

It's two ported 15's, one the GTI, the other is a Gcon. Again, caveat being that the box isn't anywhere near ideal. Still rather impressive.

I love how mine sound sealed in the right sized box.

what size sealed enclosure is that Xcon shown in?

i keep leaning toward the 18in. Xcon's sealed up like you Neal. very musical i bet

you know, i'm an SSA member now. can sombody intorduce me to that chick that do anything for an SSA member???

I would introduce you, but she's camping out under my balls.

what size sealed enclosure is that Xcon shown in?

You even liked the comment! :P