mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

dont think there's any clicking yet.

your GTG then man. get a new boot and fill with grease

i can't remember how many times i've listened to the doors and slipknot on mushrooms....... you can't see california with outt Marlon Brandos eyes. whats so special about Marlon Brando? man, i just realized it's been over a decade since i've experienced anything without ANY mind altering chemicals

besides great beer "Schells Brewing Company"

good night ladies and getilemen, i hope i did not offend any of you tonight because that was not ever my goal. i just wanted you to ChiLL like i do every night and have a good time. good night

Stefan,

Do you still have downloadable access to a copy of Matlab?

Access that you could perhaps, share? :)

found a pair of senn hd 580, we'll see if the price stays low.

any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2279wt_1144

edit:

ehh fuck. 3 days left.

i think 580s are out of my budget.

Edited by lithium

cant seem to find just the tie rod boot.

00 oldsmobile intrigue

could just get a whole tie rod end for like 15 bucks and swap the boot. assuming the boot matches.

Edited by lithium

I'd say your future as a researcher depends solely on your field of interest and what niche you yourself will partake in it.

good point. I don't attend a research institution but i hear the situation is a bit more cut throat when your job is dependent upon writing grants.

personally i'm interested in acoustics. the research i'm working on is something of a collaboration with a Biologist who is studying Island Dwarfism of the Fowlers toad in Virginia (the sites include Assateague island and Wallops island on the NASA base).

Essentially, the research involves analyzing the toad calls and creating a program that can synthesis new calls. The program could be used compare different call characteristics VS mate selections.

The rubber boot on my tie rod end is ripped. can you replace the boot or do you have to replace the whole end?

2012-06-21_00-52-45_950.jpg

you can replace the boot if you didn't wait too long. if you don't have a "clicking" noise when you turn then it's all good.

It's a molded boot. You won't be able to find a replacement as they don't make them. They will for ball joints. The tie rod end should be fairly cheap anyways, so just buy a new end.

cant seem to find just the tie rod boot.

00 oldsmobile intrigue

could just get a whole tie rod end for like 15 bucks and swap the boot. assuming the boot matches.

Like I said. . .

Just put the new tie rod end on, chances are by the time you get the old one out you'll have damaged it.

Not to be a dick or anything, but I don't think anyone gives a fuck about mainstream rap in the hop. laugh.png

I've never clicked on one of those links, but indeed mainstream rap is about as exciting as watching grass grow. I also don't understand how you could listen to music on youtube, the quality is god awful.

Oh, and I had eq applied to the plots. Don't take them as what you expect, was optimizing for MY application. tongue.png

I was going to say...

Wasn't final in what I'd do either as I changed the volume of the box without the eq. tongue.png Wasn't serious though so I didn't really dink with it. Just blowing time since i have better things to do.

Oh, and I had eq applied to the plots. Don't take them as what you expect, was optimizing for MY application. tongue.png

I was going to say...

Wasn't final in what I'd do either as I changed the volume of the box without the eq. tongue.png Wasn't serious though so I didn't really dink with it. Just blowing time since i have better things to do.

Would there by any decent volume gain if you made a box partially out of fiberglass that contoured, etc to fit the area better? Seems hard to go wrong with as much volume as you can get.

Of course, but not going to bother with that for now. I don't really have space for the cone of an 18 so I don't need the box to be okay for it and in this application a ported 15 will work out better than a sealed 18 as it's like a convertible.

If the 3.5 isn't enough then I'll rebuild it in the off season with glass. Going to compensate some by slightly undersizing the port as well. Not extremely, but enough to where in the nearfield the chuffing would bother me but the likely hood of the system wanging and me even being in the boat is nearly non-existent.

I was going to say...

I was going to say...

Would there by any decent volume gain if you made a box partially out of fiberglass that contoured, etc to fit the area better? Seems hard to go wrong with as much volume as you can get.

Of course, but not going to bother with that for now. I don't really have space for the cone of an 18 so I don't need the box to be okay for it and in this application a ported 15 will work out better than a sealed 18 as it's like a convertible.

If the 3.5 isn't enough then I'll rebuild it in the off season with glass. Going to compensate some by slightly undersizing the port as well. Not extremely, but enough to where in the nearfield the chuffing would bother me but the likely hood of the system wanging and me even being in the boat is nearly non-existent.

I was going to say...

I was going to say...

I'd say your future as a researcher depends solely on your field of interest and what niche you yourself will partake in it.

good point. I don't attend a research institution but i hear the situation is a bit more cut throat when your job is dependent upon writing grants.

personally i'm interested in acoustics. the research i'm working on is something of a collaboration with a Biologist who is studying Island Dwarfism of the Fowlers toad in Virginia (the sites include Assateague island and Wallops island on the NASA base).

Essentially, the research involves analyzing the toad calls and creating a program that can synthesis new calls. The program could be used compare different call characteristics VS mate selections.

There is a lot of acoustic research on frogs as well, couldn't maybe piggyback. They are interesting subjects as you don't have to kill them to get access to their inner ear since they wear it on the outside unlike any other animal that I know of. I do a shitload of hearing work.

If you are truly interested in acoustics let me know if there are particular fields. Particularly parallel to me in many regards. Degreed physicist with a focus in acoustics. Every company pretty much in North America that does acoustic work I've either been in or called into. If not me, of course someone that works for me but the ones of note I usually go with to push things along.

Oh, I didn't attend a research institution either. I have a Bachelors of Arts. :P

Double up the work out yesterday. Hoping today is nice and low-key here at the office.

Triple posting!

Sounds like a good plan, just wondered.

For the last six months or so, I haven't changed anything in my stereo. It's been nice. :P

Double up the work out yesterday. Hoping today is nice and low-key here at the office.

Otherwise, FIVE HOUR ENERGY!