mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Wild Turkey 81 Rye & 101 Rye, Sazerac Rye, and Bulleit Rye are damned good for the price. Strong whiskey? WL Weller Barrel Proof, George T. Stagg 15 yr, or Booker's. Woodford Reserve, Blanton's, and the above mentioned Van Winkle are classics.

By the way by strong I didn't mean by proof. Heck I really didn't mean strong most likely. I meant something with a distinct and unique flavor, which I associate with "stronger" bourbons and whiskey.

I'd call that big.

now I want some Wild Turkey

Last time I had that was for breakfast. Straight out of the bottle. Nice college graduation breakfast hidden underneath the gown :P

Sounds like my sister's college graduation :roflmao:

'Merica!

I hope no one is surprised by this. Should not be shocking news for one of the prize technologies touted on a Chrysler vehicle to be crap. Just so many reasons year after year to never touch any of their products (discounting the Viper). Speaks volumes about the billions Damlier pumped into that company and the well done tried and true tech they passed on and Chrysler is still this bad.

Daimler actually didn't pump in billions but instead looted their cash for other developments. While that may be an issue now I'd consider it a growing pain and I fully expect Chrysler to make a huge improvement in the upcoming years. Of course it isn't like htey could fall much lower than a few years back, lol

That's news to me. I was under the impression that Damlier intended to buy and save the company from another failure and make it profitable for the future. To me, the difference in price the paid and the price they sold is quite interesting.

They bought Chrysler in a spot when they had enough cash to survive for a really long time. When they sold them the cash had magically disappeared. Daimler's facilities had also some major improvements.

I hope Chrysler improves, hell we own them. wink.png

They've not done so in over 30 years, so why would they start now?

'Merica!

I hope no one is surprised by this. Should not be shocking news for one of the prize technologies touted on a Chrysler vehicle to be crap. Just so many reasons year after year to never touch any of their products (discounting the Viper). Speaks volumes about the billions Damlier pumped into that company and the well done tried and true tech they passed on and Chrysler is still this bad.

Daimler actually didn't pump in billions but instead looted their cash for other developments. While that may be an issue now I'd consider it a growing pain and I fully expect Chrysler to make a huge improvement in the upcoming years. Of course it isn't like htey could fall much lower than a few years back, lol

That's news to me. I was under the impression that Damlier intended to buy and save the company from another failure and make it profitable for the future. To me, the difference in price the paid and the price they sold is quite interesting.

They bought Chrysler in a spot when they had enough cash to survive for a really long time. When they sold them the cash had magically disappeared. Daimler's facilities had also some major improvements.

I hope Chrysler improves, hell we own them. wink.png

They've not done so in over 30 years, so why would they start now?

Because the market is finally asking for it here. That alone might kill GM.

Buffalo Trace is amazing if you can find it, it sells rather quickly.

One of my favs.

J

Sean didn't you have a Chevy?

Hey Sean, What do you think of the Pro Audio from Rockford? I will be running them in my doors.. an 8 and a single tweet on my boss rev665 running active off of my 880prs. I've personally listed to them and thought they sounded good but i would like to see what your thoughts on their limitations

I haven't seen them, but have no interest either. There is no magic sauce that makes pro audio mids work, just major compromises. Personally I'd always rather pick my own. Amusingly the next drivers I am personally ordering are 8's and PA mids. Need some BALLZ for the boat tower.

I can guarantee one thing. There are cheaper drivers that will do what you need better. Of course, knowing what that is helps pick them.

I haven't seen them, but have no interest either. There is no magic sauce that makes pro audio mids work, just major compromises. Personally I'd always rather pick my own. Amusingly the next drivers I am personally ordering are 8's and PA mids. Need some BALLZ for the boat tower.

I can guarantee one thing. There are cheaper drivers that will do what you need better. Of course, knowing what that is helps pick them.

Very true, for the price I can get them for through my friends shop they are kind of hard to pass up FWIW.

Sean didn't you have a Chevy?

http://www.soundsolu...center-console/

Thank god it was past tense.

I love the "it isn't for subs since it isn't sealed" comment. WTF? Pro audio gear is so bad ass it can run free air!

:D

Matt2 couldn't find quite what you were talking about with the cain 660 but picked up a Ovliva Series 0 Torpedo 6.5x52 tonight. It was fun to smoke on. Much more fun if I had a seat in my back yard.

Ah I nice cigar sounds good right about now.

Got plenty of em.

J

I'm super excited for dual xcons! Does anyone know of a place to meter in the Tucson area? If not I guess I have to save up for a meter.

Justin in Mesa might have a meter.

I was thinking that he might, I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Wild Turkey 81 Rye & 101 Rye, Sazerac Rye, and Bulleit Rye are damned good for the price. Strong whiskey? WL Weller Barrel Proof, George T. Stagg 15 yr, or Booker's. Woodford Reserve, Blanton's, and the above mentioned Van Winkle are classics.

By the way by strong I didn't mean by proof. Heck I really didn't mean strong most likely. I meant something with a distinct and unique flavor, which I associate with "stronger" bourbons and whiskey.

I love whiskey. I drink a ton of it. There are so many distinctive flavors it is hard to say what one may like. If you really want a complex, full bodied whiskey I suggest an Irish. On the cheap (but good) I like Jameson at ~$35. If you want to step it up, Redbrest is very complex and smooth, and roughly $50. It is one of my favorite everyday Irish whiskeys. Now, my favorite Irish is Jameson Limited Reserve 18 Year Single Pot Still. It is a very smooth, very tasty Irish at ~$100.

DSCN1787900.jpg

But in all honesty I have been drinking a Kentucky Burboun quite a bit lately. WHile I am generally not a huge fan of the oaky Kentuckys I was turned on to Woodford Reserve about 5 months ago by a friend. It is fucking beautiful. At $35 it is absolutely georgeous. I went ahead for a goof and tried the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked at $50, and I have not turned back. I drink a couple fifths of this a week. I love this drink. Very, very smooth. Complex but not cloying. Slightly caky aftertaste. Very nice. I drop 2 cubes in a glass and sip on it all night.

9uox9d.jpg

will post up a double oaked tonight.

I don't mix. Drink with either a splash of water or a couple cubes to crack the spirit as you are supposed to. I drink whiskey to enjoy it.

Very true, for the price I can get them for through my friends shop they are kind of hard to pass up FWIW.

If they are more than $30 I wouldn't bother.

morning.gif