mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I may try and find someone local who has raw milk before giving it up. I'm sure the stuff I'm getting now from Costco is pasteurized.

It's such an easy way to get calories and protein. Figure I've been shooting for 3500-4000kcal, and 150g protein per day. One gal is 2400ish iirc, and a shit ton of protein-it's awesome. :P

Why only 150 grams?

Back then people just died.

Not exactly.

I may try and find someone local who has raw milk before giving it up. I'm sure the stuff I'm getting now from Costco is pasteurized.

It's such an easy way to get calories and protein. Figure I've been shooting for 3500-4000kcal, and 150g protein per day. One gal is 2400ish iirc, and a shit ton of protein-it's awesome. tongue.png

Why only 150 grams?

I only weigh 135, but I've been keeping track of my protein intake for the last month, and I'm getting around 200-220g ish.

So I say 150, but it doesn't mean much. :P

Not exactly.

Pre agricultural revolution we didn't have a strong idea of disease, virus, or most illness.

I'm not saying that agriculture didn't affect health but I think in general it has helped it. Close proximity living has killed more than farming. I.e. every plague ever. And leprosy.

And they didn't get studied like they do now. This is why there were less deaths related to whatever, IT's all poison.

Holy shit. I'm watching the second star wars episode 2 and it's sendingbone of my Martin Logan's into protect. Fuck.

We're not supposed to live as long as we do and nature has to constantly find a way to work around our inability to accept THE fact of life.

Not exactly.

Pre agricultural revolution we didn't have a strong idea of disease, virus, or most illness.

I'm not saying that agriculture didn't affect health but I think in general it has helped it. Close proximity living has killed more than farming. I.e. every plague ever. And leprosy.

Well that's what anthropology is for, forensic science is branched from it afterall, but honestly I don't know how they come up with their data and draw conclusions from something so long ego. Hopefully I'll become educated on that in the coming months.

And I would agree that the agriculture overall has helped. Allowed people to prosper, and devote their time to figuring out cool shit like math. tongue.png

Edited by stefanhinote

And they didn't get studied like they do now. This is why there were less deaths related to whatever, IT's all poison.

Pretty much my thoughts. The only way out is death, and it use to be, well, they died. Now they think they can link absolutely every little thing to why/when/who/etc, and you can't tell me they know a whole hell of a lot now. It took 3 fricking years, 4 doctors and a hospitalization to give a diagnosis of Crohns with many wrong ones along the way to the little lady.

What use to kill people is easily overcome now with modern medicine, for the better or worse.

Handstands are fun.

so are table dances

When the teacher asked where we can get energy from, everyone said: "carbs, fat, and protein." Then I added: "Alcohol!" rofl.

So my friend gave me a book called "The New Glucose Revolution". I told him I would read it if he read "Eat Stop Eat" (Thanks Stefan).

So, on pg 18 it says in a low carb diet "you use up your total reserves of 500 grams of glycogen within the first few days". On the next page it states, "Once the body has used up glycogen stores (within 12 to 24 hours of beginning a fast), it will break muscle protein to synthesize glucose..."

It seems to me that those are contradictory statements, unless reserves and stores are different. Thoughts?

This book has "references" but too bad it doesn't cite the sources in the text.

Today = hectic success.

So far classes = decent women.

Bio teacher is indian/arab, I couldn't really figure out what, and don't care. Has thick accent so it's hard as fuck to understand what she means, but it got easier as time passed.

Chem teacher is a dwarf. Looks like she stepped out of The Lord Of The Rings. She's nice.

Then I got about fifteen emails from four different clients for a bunch of work. woot.gif Although it would have been nice to get bombarded a week ago when all I did was sit in front of the computer posting in the hop, eating, and working out.

You will get accustomed with the accent for sure. I remember the first lectures I went to were tough, first time being taught in English and I had a hard time understanding and keeping up.

I never had trouble getting accustomed to accents after a week or so.

So my friend gave me a book called "The New Glucose Revolution". I told him I would read it if he read "Eat Stop Eat" (Thanks Stefan).

So, on pg 18 it says in a low carb diet "you use up your total reserves of 500 grams of glycogen within the first few days". On the next page it states, "Once the body has used up glycogen stores (within 12 to 24 hours of beginning a fast), it will break muscle protein to synthesize glucose..."

It seems to me that those are contradictory statements, unless reserves and stores are different. Thoughts?

This book has "references" but too bad it doesn't cite the sources in the text.

Gluconeogenesis is the process of breaking down amino acids / muscle / protein, fat into glucose.

If your eating fat and not very many carbs, your body will naturally adapt to burn more fat for energy. Depending on how low-carb you are, and fat dependent then the body can produce ketones.

Ketones can fuel organs that normally use glucose. ie: the brain. They don't completely replace glucose, but if I remember correctly they can replace 60%ish of the glucose requirement.

However intense activities will still rely on glycogen (stored carbs) for energy.

I wouldn't worry about going low carb, and having your muscles wither away-if your diet is right. The trick is not going too low carb, otherwise the body will be converting protein and fat (whether it be from diet or stored) to glucose all the time. That's not very efficient in the sense that you could simply eat more carbs, and the body wouldn't have to convert any of your protein. Not to mention working your liver and kidneys all the time isn't good.

On the flip, if you eat too many carbs then you become adapted to burn carbs for the majority of your energy, and not fat. Less fat used for energy = harder to lose weight. There's plenty of other reasons for not eating too many carbs, but I'll stop here. tongue.png

I have a few books that might help you decide what a good carb intake is.

Edited by stefanhinote

Holy shit. I'm watching the second star wars episode 2 and it's sendingbone of my Martin Logan's into protect. Fuck.

:(

Today = hectic success.

So far classes = decent women.

Bio teacher is indian/arab, I couldn't really figure out what, and don't care. Has thick accent so it's hard as fuck to understand what she means, but it got easier as time passed.

Chem teacher is a dwarf. Looks like she stepped out of The Lord Of The Rings. She's nice.

Then I got about fifteen emails from four different clients for a bunch of work. woot.gif Although it would have been nice to get bombarded a week ago when all I did was sit in front of the computer posting in the hop, eating, and working out.

You will get accustomed with the accent for sure. I remember the first lectures I went to were tough, first time being taught in English and I had a hard time understanding and keeping up.

After an hour I was able to understand her pretty well. Thankfully she's speaking my only language. :lol:

I'd be interested in the books.

I don't plan on an extremely low carb diet but I'd like to know why the book said you tear down muscle ( but made no mention of fat) after 12-24 but said you have ~500g of glycogen that lasts up to 3 days

Sounds like they are talking about what happens under a low carb diet then talk about what happens when you fast?

Oh and muscle breakdown from gluconeogensis isn't going to happen in 12-24h. Were talking days of not eating before that happens.

I'll send you the books tomorrow morning.

1. Can you swap coil configs?

2. Are the recones in the SSA store compatible with this model?

My brother is not knowledgeable at all with how his system functions and not interested in learning. What are some of the steps you guys take when setting up someones install so its more idiot proof?

1. You can choose either coil config when you order the recone.

2. I'm not positive but either way they should be able to get you one.

As far as setting up an idiot proof system. I set the gain with the HU all of the way up to assuming that they could turn it up all of the way as they don't know any better. And tell them that they are not aloud to adjust anything on the amp or the HU after you are done.

If it's a ported enclosure, you could also turn the ssf up a little, and back the gain down some on the amp.

ssf is fine i think. When i tear it apart i'll see if the coil was hitting the back plate, etc. i think it was purely thermal failure.