mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Chill-

Lemme break it down as simple as I can on some of us here.

The IHoP is like a big dysfunctional family.

-M5 would be the uncle everyone respects and takes advice from. We may not like how he phrases certain things, but we know he has a point in what he says. He also has the cool toys most of the family doesn't.

-Tirefryr is the cousin we talk to who is much like M5 but minus the toys and who doesn't drink so much.

-Sand is the great uncle. A bit cranky and will tell you how it should be. No pucking filter, no sympathy. He lays it out for you and you get the advice you need to hear. If its also what you want to hear, cool. If not too pucking bad.

-Nem is the crazy cousin who is ALWAYS doing something to make us say WTF in a good way. He is a jack of many trades and a master of terrifying the children.

You.........your the new brother in law that somehow got in the house and drinks all the beer and bitches when we have none left even tho you brought nothing with you. Calls us cheap asses for not having more, while telling us of your life and how shit has fucked you up. Secretly we all wish she wouldn't of married you, but since we are now stuck with you we try to help you as best we can. Too bad you never pucking listen and always bitch when shit turns out so wrong.

biggrin.png

J

i understand man. i really like it here and it feels comfortable to be here. i don't bring anything because there are alot of people that either take me wrong or i know somebody else will chime in who has alot more "seniority" i guess you could say. i use to hang out in the RF forums years ago and felt how i do here, then the SMD forums and couldn't stand it because everybody was a know it all even when they didn't know jack. i know that a lot of you guys here are very close. i know that i'm different, but i hope that i'm interesting enough to want to keep around. i really like it here, but if you guys would rather just stick to what your comfortable with and get rid of the unwanted "brother in-law" then thats alright just tell me and i'll walk away. your sister and i haven't had any kids, i have no ties. i'm not gonna lie i'll miss chatting with you guys and reading all the funny shit, but you know how it goes. i'll tell you what, if you don't want to just post it here on the board i'll keep an eye on my PM box and if a few of you guys who have been here for a while like M5, Nem, Godsmack, tirefryer and a couple others send me a PM, even a blank one, i'll be quiet and walk away without any hard feelings. i respect you guys and who you are individually, each of your personalities.

You worry too much, just ChILL. biggrin.png

i have anxiety pretty bad. i don't take anything for it so it's usually always pretty bad. this place is where i'm comfortable and feel free

The main point I am driving at here brother is just relax. Vent, but think about what you say before you say it. Realize that there is no need to 'sound cool' or anything around here. It's an open forum and we like different view points. We especially like them when they are based in proper verbage.

J

Chill-

Lemme break it down as simple as I can on some of us here.

The IHoP is like a big dysfunctional family.

-M5 would be the uncle everyone respects and takes advice from. We may not like how he phrases certain things, but we know he has a point in what he says. He also has the cool toys most of the family doesn't.

-Tirefryr is the cousin we talk to who is much like M5 but minus the toys and who doesn't drink so much.

-Sand is the great uncle. A bit cranky and will tell you how it should be. No fucking filter, no sympathy. He lays it out for you and you get the advice you need to hear. If its also what you want to hear, cool. If not too fucking bad.

-Nem is the crazy cousin who is ALWAYS doing something to make us say WTF in a good way. He is a jack of many trades and a master of terrifying the children.

You.........your the new brother in law that somehow got in the house and drinks all the beer and bitches when we have none left even tho you brought nothing with you. Calls us cheap asses for not having more, while telling us of your life and how shit has fucked you up. Secretly we all wish she wouldn't of married you, but since we are now stuck with you we try to help you as best we can. Too bad you never fucking listen and always bitch when shit turns out so wrong.

biggrin.png

J

A bit cranky? Fuck that, I am downright nasty until I get some bourbon in me.

If we wanted someone gone, they'd be gone.

Yep, I got a ban button right down there.

I caught my 3 year old trying to shut the toilet seat on his hard on last week. He was trying to figure out how to make it go down, lol. My 16mo old springs wood and yanks his diaper off to play with it.

Dog's a fucking male, expect it.

Yep it happens. Funny shit too.

Edited by nem

Catch up sleep last night. Feel super good today!

A little coffee to get the day going.

Did I tell you about our energy guy and his synchro drive belt idea? Well lets just say it is not a good idea where v belts are needed.

How many main motor bearing heav failed you ask? I only had 4 in the past 2 days fail.

Guess that is what a college education gets you.

Forgot to take the trash out last night. Just took it down in some cold ass rain.

Back under the comforter!

Mmmmmmm

It is not a good idea to replace a v belt drive with a synchro drive belt system in our application, even if it save a little energy.

Catch up sleep last night. Feel super good today!

That is nice.

It sure is. It almost feels like a spring morning here.

Dammmmmmmmn!

tumblr_ma89360se91qb5yg1o1_r1_500.gif

Forrest Gump never moved like that!

I have kind of realized that I made a huge mistake in life by not giving myself any breaks. I think the high level of stress I have been living has taken a super big price on me and my health....

While I have quite a bit to show for my worrying it is only because I have an extremely high threshold. And ultimately this is a downfall. It results in me not realizing when I a working in the red until I have gone way past the level my body can compensate for.

If I would have taken better care of myself I would have so much more in my life.

Sorry to hear that Matt, but I believe you have a lot more left in you. You are just going through a rough patch in life.

You know scaring people heals. You are welcome to come anytime. :)

Oh shit yeah, I have a lot left. I am extremely stupid at times and don't know it.

I just have to learn to be happy and less stressed. I never learned these things as a child or young adult.

You know scaring people heals. You are welcome to come anytime. :)

That would be hoot. I am not good at frightening people. Well..... at least not in the way your customers want to be frightened.

You know scaring people heals. You are welcome to come anytime. smile.png

That would be hoot. I am not good at frightening people. Well..... at least not in the way your customers want to be frightened.

We learned something this year, people enjoy being startled much more than frightened. I think what happens is when you frighten some one they shut down and hide their eyes and don't see anything after that. When they are startled, their senses are heightened and looking at everything and wanting more, which makes their haunt experience much more entertaining for them.

Matt you would fit right in and have a blast! :)

I just got an "SQL" error for the SSA site.....

Yea that happens this time of morning because the sight runs back ups, I believe.

Sean, you ever deal with Westinghouse Electric? Their amount of stupid shit is off the charts laugh.png

I thought they merged with Cutler-Hammer?

That's actually a fustercluck and a half.

*takes deep breath*

The original Westinghouse, formed back in the late 1800's, acquired CBS back in the mid 90's and became CBS Corp. After that, it started selling off most of it's manufacturing assets. BNFL bought their nuclear business and eventually got the legal rights to use the Westinghouse name. They sold this new company, called Westinghouse Electric, to Toshiba a few years after that. Eaton bought Cutler-Hammer in the late 70's and the electric power distribution & control business from the original Westinghouse after they became CBS Corp. Northrop Grumman bought the defense business from the original Westinghouse.

*passes out*

So I have been thinking about putting a Dcon 10 in the wife's car. The current sub is very shitty IMO.

See what SDY has, he seems be our official used SSA dealer, always finding mint used SSA subs. ;)

DaVKZ.png

Yeah, he is getting railed for that on CA.com