mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I just got an "SQL" error for the SSA site.....

Yea that happens this time of morning because the sight runs back ups, I believe.

It has to do with cloudflare. It is the off host service where our site is populated from cloud servers for faster load times. I believe between 7:30-8:30am est, they re-disperse the entire site data across the servers.

So I have been thinking about putting a Dcon 10 in the wife's car. The current sub is very shitty IMO.

See what SDY has, he seems be our official used SSA dealer, always finding mint used SSA subs. wink.png

I will, I just need to check the load of the factory sub and match it. Honestly brand new they are plenty cheap enough just to buy.

I just got an "SQL" error for the SSA site.....

Yea that happens this time of morning because the sight runs back ups, I believe.

It has to do with cloudflare. It is the off host service where our site is populated from cloud servers for faster load times. I believe between 7:30-8:30am est, they re-disperse the entire site data across the servers.

Those cloud people are so Empire Strikes Back! ;)

BOOOMMM

You know scaring people heals. You are welcome to come anytime. smile.png

That would be hoot. I am not good at frightening people. Well..... at least not in the way your customers want to be frightened.

We learned something this year, people enjoy being startled much more than frightened. I think what happens is when you frighten some one they shut down and hide their eyes and don't see anything after that. When they are startled, their senses are heightened and looking at everything and wanting more, which makes their haunt experience much more entertaining for them.

Matt you would fit right in and have a blast! smile.png

You seriously just explained exactly what I was thinking yesterday but could find the words.

fucking facebook SMh

That would be hoot. I am not good at frightening people. Well..... at least not in the way your customers want to be frightened.

We learned something this year, people enjoy being startled much more than frightened. I think what happens is when you frighten some one they shut down and hide their eyes and don't see anything after that. When they are startled, their senses are heightened and looking at everything and wanting more, which makes their haunt experience much more entertaining for them.

Matt you would fit right in and have a blast! :)

That is the word. Startled. I don't do that so good.

How many main motor bearing heav failed you ask? I only had 4 in the past 2 days fail.

They know enough to be dangerous.

My boss last week was sure we had a motor shorting out in a steam tunnel. He wanted me to buy a motor. I told Jim to give me a couple hours to trace some wiring, and low and behold, 3 hours later, I find a shorted.solenoid. your welcome for saving you $1K.

Shweet. You should have fixed it, said it was the motor then sold the broken one on eBay.

It is not a good idea to replace a v belt drive with a synchro drive belt system in our application, even if it save a little energy.

Ok, lay some knowledge on me. Why did changing out to a synchro belt in your system cause main bearing failures if the belt was properly done? I have about diddly squat experience with synchro belts.

My guess is the V belt absorbs some of the force by way of slippage when there is a hang up. A synchrobelt won't allow slippage and so the bearing takes any and all problems.

A synchro belt pully and belt would have more mass too I would bet. That may not be completely true in all cases but the usually the synchros are wider and will have more moving mass.

Matt you would fit right in and have a blast! smile.png

Adrenalin rush FTW !

I am only guessing. An old timer once gave me a similar speak whe I was asking why these old machines used v belts and not chains or something similar. (I didnt know what a synchrobelt was called at the time).

He said that they are not as efficient necessarily, but they provide protection if the work end locks up, even if only for a second, so the motor doesn't feel the sudden damage.

I sure hope the company which interviewed me calls me for a second interview. I might have scared them with my demand but I sure as hell won't move for less than 50% more pay.

I sure hope the company which interviewed me calls me for a second interview. I might have scared them with my demand but I sure as hell won't move for less than 50% more pay.

I'm not in your situation but why such a steep increase?

"Don't you know who I am?"

Just curious, did they ask you about pay or did you bring it up?

Just gave presentation to ford, gm , Chrysler, Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. Ran outnof seatsnin he auditorium. Loved it

Just gave presentation to ford, gm , Chrysler, Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. Ran outnof seatsnin he auditorium. Loved it

Arms in the air cheering

It is not a good idea to replace a v belt drive with a synchro drive belt system in our application, even if it save a little energy.

Ok, lay some knowledge on me. Why did changing out to a synchro belt in your system cause main bearing failures if the belt was properly done? I have about diddly squat experience with synchro belts.

In our case we are starting large vacuume fans and with a synchro belt you can not slip or you rip the teeth off, there for the belt tension is what kills the bearings. One synchro belt that is 3.5" wide replace 10 v belts which are on a pulley that is 12 or 13" wide that allow a little slip on start up and require way less tension.

The synchro drive has its place just does not work for our process.

Another thing synchro drive did was change out bearing reading and made for interesting plotting.

In our case we are starting large vacuume fans and with a synchro belt you can not slip or you rip the teeth off, there for the belt tension is what kills the bearings. One synchro belt that is 3.5" wide replace 10 v belts which are on a pulley that is 12 or 13" wide that allow a little slip on start up and require way less tension.

The synchro drive has its place just does not work for our process.

10 v belts, gawd damn. That is a big damn vacuum fan.

So the final weekend is shaping up to be a busy one! Lyco College just called to know when was a good time to show up with 350+ students!