mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

It is not a good idea to replace a v belt drive with a synchro drive belt system in our application, even if it save a little energy.

Ok, lay some knowledge on me. Why did changing out to a synchro belt in your system cause main bearing failures if the belt was properly done? I have about diddly squat experience with synchro belts.

In our case we are starting large vacuume fans and with a synchro belt you can not slip or you rip the teeth off, there for the belt tension is what kills the bearings. One synchro belt that is 3.5" wide replace 10 v belts which are on a pulley that is 12 or 13" wide that allow a little slip on start up and require way less tension.

The synchro drive has its place just does not work for our process.

10 v belts, gawd damn. That is a big damn vacuum fan.

We use a lot of process vacuum and need to pull up to 65 inches in some areas of the process.

i found a SSA sub on my plunder too day..... i serched "dat ass" and a SSA sub poped up ..

http://s1263.photobu...le/iChrisTucker

Funny when you don't get what you expect but still get something cool. ;)

I sure hope the company which interviewed me calls me for a second interview. I might have scared them with my demand but I sure as hell won't move for less than 50% more pay.

I'm not in your situation but why such a steep increase?

1. The state taxes all income with 16%, except software developers. But a huge part of the company income has to be software. Since software development in Emerson is only a small slice of the operations, we don't get that tax deduction.

2. When I got hired I turned down National Instruments and that was 50% more than what I took at Emerson, because they were on the other side of town.

3. Being a big company, wages of "foot soldiers" aren't what they should be in the software field. If you get into the management side of things wages are high but I'm a long way away from a management position and why should I stay for years with less when there are options?

4. Most of the people who left since I joined left for 50-100% more pay smile.png

I was asked for a target amount. We have a saying here: you're not a fool for asking, you're a fool for giving. So if I get turned down, meh, I still have a job and there are other options.

Just gave presentation to ford, gm , Chrysler, Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. Ran outnof seatsnin he auditorium. Loved it

w00tah !

Don't you guys imagine it's a ton of money, my target amount is $1000 / month...

Don't you guys imagine it's a ton of money, my target amount is $1000 / month...

You greedy sob!

If anyone needs a Rockauto discount code, I just got this by email: EUROM112 (expires 01/01/13)

So the one guy that sells car audio in tillamook is filing for bankruptcy. I've been trying to figure out what all car audio he's got hidden back in storage. Was hoping to make an offer and flip it all for profit. I know he's gotta have some good old school 90's stuff, hell he was still selling genesis games bnib.

Edited by liljestrand

Is that gross or net? Either way, damn you work cheap.

That's got to be a typo...6.25 an hour?

He also isn't in the US....

Net. Yah, compared to what an engineer makes in the US it's tiny :lol:

Net. Yah, compared to what an engineer makes in the US it's tiny :lol:

What country?

That's got to be a typo...6.25 an hour?

He also isn't in the US....

Also have to factor in the cost of living differences.

It's the age old argument:

"OMG they only pay their workers 5 dollars a day US? That's slave labor!"

"Their cost of living is 1/10 of the average American so no, not really."

Edited by Penguin4x4

That's why I asked the country. You can get a 3 course meal for a family of 4 in the Phillapines for 5 bucks

That's why I asked the country. You can get a 3 course meal for a family of 4 in the Phillapines for 5 bucks

Not anywhere near where tourists stay, lol. Of course, where the locals live I wouldn't be surprised although $5 sounds a bit too cheap.

Hmm, what to cook for tonight. Time to head home and rummage through the ole kitchen.

Show ended awesome. I've got invites into nearly every R&D center in the US to help improve the NVH response of their vehicles. Going to be fun :)

Show ended awesome. I've got invites into nearly every R&D center in the US to help improve the NVH response of their vehicles. Going to be fun smile.png

Sweet! That means more business for you and what you wanted to do.

Show ended awesome. I've got invites into nearly every R&D center in the US to help improve the NVH response of their vehicles. Going to be fun smile.png

Sounds like you had a good day. :woot:

It is not a good idea to replace a v belt drive with a synchro drive belt system in our application, even if it save a little energy.

Ok, lay some knowledge on me. Why did changing out to a synchro belt in your system cause main bearing failures if the belt was properly done? I have about diddly squat experience with synchro belts.

In our case we are starting large vacuume fans and with a synchro belt you can not slip or you rip the teeth off, there for the belt tension is what kills the bearings. One synchro belt that is 3.5" wide replace 10 v belts which are on a pulley that is 12 or 13" wide that allow a little slip on start up and require way less tension.

The synchro drive has its place just does not work for our process.

10 v belts, gawd damn. That is a big damn vacuum fan.

We use a lot of process vacuum and need to pull up to 65 inches in some areas of the process.

65 inches? That is 35 inches below the boiling point of water. We draw 29 inches and are happy with moisture elimination... 30 is a dream!

Wow, where do you live? If I don't turn that in 3 days I won't take the job.

I sure hope the company which interviewed me calls me for a second interview. I might have scared them with my demand but I sure as hell won't move for less than 50% more pay.

I'm not in your situation but why such a steep increase?

1. The state taxes all income with 16%, except software developers. But a huge part of the company income has to be software. Since software development in Emerson is only a small slice of the operations, we don't get that tax deduction.

2. When I got hired I turned down National Instruments and that was 50% more than what I took at Emerson, because they were on the other side of town.

3. Being a big company, wages of "foot soldiers" aren't what they should be in the software field. If you get into the management side of things wages are high but I'm a long way away from a management position and why should I stay for years with less when there are options?

4. Most of the people who left since I joined left for 50-100% more pay smile.png

I was asked for a target amount. We have a saying here: you're not a fool for asking, you're a fool for giving. So if I get turned down, meh, I still have a job and there are other options.

Unique situation.