mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

R2 have you turned on BLOPS2?

I just started replaying the story for some achievements. What a hoot. All this shootin talk makes me feel the need to go splatter some more digital insurgent brains.

I have. I've beat the campaign on Normal, now going back on Veteran and seeing what kind of ending I can get the second go around.

The subtle changes you can make are amazing. I am going to go back and play on vetran..... but only with that super through the wall sniper rifle. ;-D

Zombie mode is a riot too!

That is why that damn Barrett semi auto is so well loved. The system really makes use of the excess energy. I have heard from guys who have been lucky/rich enough to sholt it that becausr the recoil is stretched out over such a long period of time and so much is soaked up with the brake and springs it has a smaller perceived jolt than 300win mag and similar.

It "pushes" rather than punches the shoulder. The concussion from the brake is brutal though from what I understand. It disrupts everything for several yards.

The main reason I don't want a 338 is just because of recoil. The cost if you load yourself is not insane as some might have you think when comparing to other match ammo. In magnum caliber that is.

But the 6mm boolits can get near the same trajectory (sub 1000 yards)as the big .338 with a fraction of the powder and with way less shoulder beating.

Why not get a suppressor if the recoil is that bad? I mean my .308 really doesn't have much kick, and that's with a light stock. Coupled with a tactical type stock + suppressor it would be pretty damn near a 22. trippy.gif

Though if your not planning on shooting out incredibly far then the 338 would be sort of a waste. Plus ammo would be cheaper.

I wouldn't mind building up a 22 for the sake of ammo cost. :P

Edited by stefanhinote

Have you looked at the cost of a suppressor for a .50BMG?

Nothing gets to the sound of a .22lr suppressed. A 300blk maybe with subsonic rounds, but the sonic crack always kills you.

The subtle changes you can make are amazing. I am going to go back and play on vetran..... but only with that super through the wall sniper rifle. ;-D

Zombie mode is a riot too!

I only played a few levels with that rifle, I left the loadout the level standard on all of the game for the first go around, but that thing is just awesome.

Have you looked at the cost of a suppressor for a .50BMG?

I was talking about the 338. I'd imagine it would be around $1500

In MN we cannot own silencers. It is even dubious at best, with an FFL and an ammunition mfg license.

R2 could turn one in a new york minuite and pay the $200 tax for any caliber. .50 bmg is just a 30-06 on steroids.... just scale up accordingly.

;-)

We can purchase, own, and fire explosives here(again after the $200 per boom boom tax).... but not cans.... idiots.

That is why that damn Barrett semi auto is so well loved. The system really makes use of the excess energy. I have heard from guys who have been lucky/rich enough to sholt it that becausr the recoil is stretched out over such a long period of time and so much is soaked up with the brake and springs it has a smaller perceived jolt than 300win mag and similar.

It "pushes" rather than punches the shoulder. The concussion from the brake is brutal though from what I understand. It disrupts everything for several yards.

The main reason I don't want a 338 is just because of recoil. The cost if you load yourself is not insane as some might have you think when comparing to other match ammo. In magnum caliber that is.

But the 6mm boolits can get near the same trajectory (sub 1000 yards)as the big .338 with a fraction of the powder and with way less shoulder beating.

Why not get a suppressor if the recoil is that bad? I mean my .308 really doesn't have much kick, and that's with a light stock. Coupled with a tactical type stock + suppressor it would be pretty damn near a 22. trippy.gif

Though if your not planning on shooting out incredibly far then the 338 would be sort of a waste. Plus ammo would be cheaper.

I wouldn't mind building up a 22 for the sake of ammo cost. :P/>

I actually hate shooting 22lr. But I have never been able to shoot a fine 22 rifle. Someone my size does not easily handle the average 22. They design most for smaller people. A really well made one will run the cost of a serious centerfire gun.

And I am going to say something completely against the grain. Even with the good ammo, 22 has sooooo many failures to fire, and it is not as consistent as even .223 so I think it isn't such a great round to "train" on. Maybe for mechanics, trigger control, etc it can help show you patterns... but with how often I see random 22 rounds just go off into space for no obvious reason, it doesn't add up to amazing training to me.

Shooting spent shotgun shells from a heavy bbl ruger is a shit load of fun though. Cans are fun when you are too tired for shells.

So even if I could get glass and a gun for less than 1000 in 22, I could have spent all that on boolits for a caliber much more fun and practical to shoot.

I am really really thinking about a .260 or similar..... I have this horrible itch to scratch in the form of .338LM......

It just makes no logical sense to me.

I loved my 22.250. While it is susceptible to windage issues at a distance, it was flat, fast, super accurate and cheap on the reload. Recoil is zero. I could lay a shot in a woodchuck's eye from 250 yards. Great fuckin round.

For my big game, I love my .270WSM Tikka T3 hunter. Super flat, super fast, great knock down power... but it will wear on your shoulder pretty quickly. My .300WSM is even more fatiguing.

I bet a .338LM in a heavyish gun with a really efficient brake or silencer would be just fine to shoot. Especially with a little comfort pad on the stock or a shooters shirt pillow thingy.

The only gun that makes me feel uncomfortable is my Nova. My winmaster 12 is like a joy to shoot in comparison as it has a nice rubber pad on the folding butt. The nova is definitely more.... "tacticool".... but even reduced recoil loads put a stank on my shoulder if I have it just slightly off.

The room mates 7mm mag is a stinger too, but it is a light hunting gun with no brake. I got target fever last time I shot it and got kissed because I couldn't get my eye in the relief without creeping super close. I would imaging 4-5 shots on the shoulder and I would want to be done.

I am really really thinking about a .260 or similar..... I have this horrible itch to scratch in the form of .338LM......

I loved my 22.250. While it is susceptible to windage issues at a distance, it was flat, fast, super accurate and cheap on the reload. Recoil is zero. I could lay a shot in a woodchuck's eye from 250 yards. Great fuckin round.

For my big game, I love my .270WSM Tikka T3 hunter. Super flat, super fast, great knock down power... but it will wear on your shoulder pretty quickly. My .300WSM is even more fatiguing.

.270short magnum. Yikes. I love sako/tika. They come out of the box feeling solid don't they?

.300wm or wsm have been on my list too... but after doing the math, the cost savings on loading from a .338 is only 5-15%. And none of the e-peen.

Make no mistake my desire for a magnum is just the same as my desire to play with big boobs, and why I have a crotch rocket that will take me to 165. Not good reasons, but it is what it is.

When I started shooting I thought... hell why would I need anything other than a .308 semi auto. It will do everything.

It does everything... kind of. And nothing amazingly well.

I got what I wanted. I just didnt know what I wanted.

.270short magnum. Yikes. I love sako/tika. They come out of the box feeling solid don't they?

.300wm or wsm have been on my list too... but after doing the math, the cost savings on loading from a .338 is only 5-15%. And none of the e-peen.

Make no mistake my desire for a magnum is just the same as my desire to play with big boobs, and why I have a crotch rocket that will take me to 165. Not good reasons, but it is what it is.

Both my .270 and .300 WSMs are Tikka T3s. I fucking love those guns. My 30-06 Remington 700 was my favorite rifle until I got my hands on the Tikka T3s. The .270WSM is a lot more gun than I expected. I have gotten a couple chuckles about a .270, but when people see it in action, hear it fire, and shoot it, their opinions change. It is definitely not your father's .270. The .300WSM is just too much rifle for the game in this region. Up in the Pacific Northwest/Canada where there is real big game, it may be a better choice. But for now, it is merely a toy for me.

That blows about the suppressor laws in MN. I took it for granted since I'm in the shooting mecca.

My neighbor told me that my lights shine in his bedroom window and it keeps him up at night. I told him the sun shines in my bedroom when I am trying to sleep, but I don't cry about it.

My neighbor told me that my lights shine in his bedroom window and it keeps him up at night. I told him the sun shines in my bedroom when I am trying to sleep, but I don't cry about it.

LOL...

What lights? Sorta sound like an asshole without more context.

Sean have you heard any of Navid Nikbakht or David Martone's work? They made an album together called: "Synesthesia." You might like it if you haven't heard it already.

Reminds me of McLaughlin and Shankar.

Edited by stefanhinote

Sorry guys, I was talking about my holiday lights.