mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Okay, Finally got the battery situation figured out. The people at Sears could NOT find my invoice, they said they couldn't find anything (come to learn 99% likely they didn't want to warranty them out because it means money out of their pockets), so I had my friend who works at a different local sears store.. Within 5 minutes he had it pulled up and faxed over, with invoice in hand they STILL "couldn't" find the original invoice even with the same invoice numbers.. After about 5 minutes of bitching at them they finally pulled it up.. THEN they tried to nit pit about how on the computer the product number is xxxxx31 and on the receipt it said xxxxx31m. After a few more minutes of bitching them out they finally agreed to warranty them out.

What I'm "assuming" what happened; is one of them had a bad cell and it drained the shit out of them to the point where the went bad. They sat 2 months uncharged in very cold temps in my garage

My boat batteries sit for 6 months in the frozen tundra under a tarp and have ALWAYS started my boat come spring without a charger. You have parasitic draw somewhere in your vehicle that pulled them down. I'd bet money on it.

Of course that could just be ECU and other things related to the car. Not sure what car or what it'll do when "off".

Doing what you did is exactly what pro fisherman do to wally world batteries to get free replacements every year. ;)

BxdgK.jpg

When I see clip used in the place of magazine it makes my eye twitch a bit.

We talked about motor and engine doing the same earlier.

Why is the site this charcoal colour? I didn't mind the bar to quick links to the other network sites, I'm not digging the charcoal background though. Am I alone?

Q00TN.jpg

I would say I have more use for a flashlight than a pistol.

But if I need a pistol I would skip the flashy.

A number of friends are pushing me to get a gun. I have only once in my 35 years been remotely close to needing one, and that was when I was 16 and could not have been allowed to have one anyway. Very mixed emotions.

When I see clip used in the place of magazine it makes my eye twitch a bit.

That's part of the joke ;)

A number of friends are pushing me to get a gun. I have only once in my 35 years been remotely close to needing one, and that was when I was 16 and could not have been allowed to have one anyway. Very mixed emotions.

Want me to bring some down? I have a couple.

There is a world of difference between owning a firearm and lawfully carrying one. My advice, go shooting with a friend! If you like it, buy a gun. If you love it, become more and more familiar with them, then buy and learn about lawful carrying.

Okay, Finally got the battery situation figured out. The people at Sears could NOT find my invoice, they said they couldn't find anything (come to learn 99% likely they didn't want to warranty them out because it means money out of their pockets), so I had my friend who works at a different local sears store.. Within 5 minutes he had it pulled up and faxed over, with invoice in hand they STILL "couldn't" find the original invoice even with the same invoice numbers.. After about 5 minutes of bitching at them they finally pulled it up.. THEN they tried to nit pit about how on the computer the product number is xxxxx31 and on the receipt it said xxxxx31m. After a few more minutes of bitching them out they finally agreed to warranty them out.

What I'm "assuming" what happened; is one of them had a bad cell and it drained the shit out of them to the point where the went bad. They sat 2 months uncharged in very cold temps in my garage

My boat batteries sit for 6 months in the frozen tundra under a tarp and have ALWAYS started my boat come spring without a charger. You have parasitic draw somewhere in your vehicle that pulled them down. I'd bet money on it.

They were on a shelve connected in parallel, and being maintained by my Schumacher AGM intellicharger, my father had to do some electrical work on the house and I'm guessing he accidentally hit the wrong C/B and shut it off..

They tested them and apparently one of them had a bad cell. I'm not sure how they tell but they used a SNAPOn battery tester. So from that I'm going to assume where the parasitic drain came from.

Maybe run a "woofers for weapons" deal on SSA products. Just kidding, that would be a legal nightmare.

If you want sure, but you don't have to, thank you though. I'm totally focused on financially leveling myself post-divorce now. So I am keeping large or expensive purchases to a zero. And a handgun is not even in my top 25 priorities.

There is a world of difference between owning a firearm and lawfully carrying one. My advice, go shooting with a friend! If you like it, buy a gun. If you love it, become more and more familiar with them, then buy and learn about lawful carrying.

I've gone a couple of times with a buddy from a past job who is a competition shooter, with a very large array of guns.

If you want sure, but you don't have to, thank you though. I'm totally focused on financially leveling myself post-divorce now. So I am keeping large or expensive purchases to a zero. And a handgun is not even in my top 25 priorities.

Large or expensive purchases is relative. I won't spend a lot on a firearm so I'm into military surplus. I bought a Russian Makarov pistol for $170, and a 1932 Nagant revolver for $100, but the ammo's pretty pricey on that one- about $40 a box.

They were on a shelve connected in parallel, and being maintained by my Schumacher AGM intellicharger, my father had to do some electrical work on the house and I'm guessing he accidentally hit the wrong C/B and shut it off..

They tested them and apparently one of them had a bad cell. I'm not sure how they tell but they used a SNAPOn battery tester. So from that I'm going to assume where the parasitic drain came from.

Mine work without even being connected to a maintainer. Bad battery. Carry on :)

Kevin is a moron. If he posts specs that are ridiculous I am calling him out. Should actually delete the lie of a thread he has :(

Large or expensive purchases is relative. I won't spend a lot on a firearm so I'm into military surplus. I bought a Russian Makarov pistol for $170, and a 1932 Nagant revolver for $100, but the ammo's pretty pricey on that one- about $40 a box.

True, as to the purchase, a gun is a large one to me. It's something that I would need to seriously educate myself, study up on offerings, set aside cash, etc. etc. So it is relatively large to me. :)

I got a call today for a job offer in Germany...WTF? Where the hell did they find me? Nobody calls me for job offers locally and now I get a phone call asking me if I would like to relocate. And it's software in the car multimedia realm, which is even more stupifying.

Anyway, I got an email from the recruiting company to send them my resume and it seems like they are legit.

They must have found me on LinkdIn

Need a professional reference? wink.png

Thank you :)

It's ok for now Aaron, I want to see if I get a response after sending my resume.