mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I'm thinking, a Pioneer 880 and then a good 2-way (after I finish deadening) will hold me over :)

Look for an older Alpine. I found my 9835 at 180 shipped in conus.

I read a report yesterday that said sugar can be as addictive as cocaine, because high levels of sugar intake release dopamine in the brain, just like cocaine does. Tests on lab rats showed that after giving them lots of sugar for a week or two, they exhibited withdrawal symptoms when they were taken off. They would become depressed, lethargic, etc.

I guess that's why we eat junk food when we're sad, it releases dopamine and makes us happier. Or at least supposed to anyways.

from what I've heard, the only thing that releases more serotonin than chocolate is potato skins

You forgot LSD a drug originally designed to fight depression, the reason it "works" is affecting your serotonin levels

I'm thinking, a Pioneer 880 and then a good 2-way (after I finish deadening) will hold me over :)

Should actually be cheaper IMO. $150 is about what a used headunit of that era is worth. Last of the "good" Alpines IMO though.

I read a report yesterday that said sugar can be as addictive as cocaine, because high levels of sugar intake release dopamine in the brain, just like cocaine does. Tests on lab rats showed that after giving them lots of sugar for a week or two, they exhibited withdrawal symptoms when they were taken off. They would become depressed, lethargic, etc.

I guess that's why we eat junk food when we're sad, it releases dopamine and makes us happier. Or at least supposed to anyways.

from what I've heard, the only thing that releases more serotonin than chocolate is potato skins

You forgot LSD a drug originally designed to fight depression, the reason it "works" is affecting your serotonin levels

i thought that was ecstasy? wasn't mdma legal in the 80's and they would use it in group/marital therapy sessions? i thought lsd was a truth serum.

Moved couches, installed a Waterpik and 100%-ed Lego Indiana Jones. Now I have to find something to do with the rest of my 4.5 week vacation...

Should actually be cheaper IMO. $150 is about what a used headunit of that era is worth. Last of the "good" Alpines IMO though.

Definitely like that price more. Are they pretty simple to operate and offer all the same features?

That must be why my woman wanted potatoes all the time when she was pregnant.

What a bummer of a weekend so far. Got off work yesterday and was supposed to run over to Chi-town and check out this Marauder. Girl was sick, so I couldn't leave. Call the guy this morning to get an appointment and was told the car sold yesterday.

Go down South to test drive an S60R this morning and it was trashed.

Check my Ebay and got outbid on an S4 I was hoping to snag.

Welcome new Mods!

What a bummer of a weekend so far. Got off work yesterday and was supposed to run over to Chi-town and check out this Marauder. Girl was sick, so I couldn't leave. Call the guy this morning to get an appointment and was told the car sold yesterday.

4.2? The turbo's tend to fail...

x2 on the super mod powerz upgrade guys :D

:woot: Teh woman is coming into town tonight.

:bigclap:

4.2? The turbo's tend to fail...

Yes, I remembered you telling me about the 2.7Ts and haven't looked at one since. Thank you!

mmmmkay I need a thermodynamics genius. I am doing a project where I need to "model" an engine and then compare it to the actual, yadda yadda. But I am having a problem with understanding how I can take the ignition of fuel and air and convert it to a useful Qin, like in the Otto Cycle equations.

Anyone had any experience working with any of this

we've done a little work with that stuff

you need to use the heating value of the fuel to determine the energy in it

with that and mass flow rate, you should be able to get Q(dot)in

The heating value of gasoline is 42000 kJ/kg using that in my equation for an otto cycle gives me a number WAY beyond the charts. So I used stoichimetric AF ratio of 14.7 and said that for 14.7kg of air there is 1 kg of fuel, totaling 15.7 kg of mass. the fuel is 6.8% of that mass so I multiply the 6.8% by the 42000 kJ/kg and it gace me 2876.71 kJ/kg, which is a lot lower but when doing calculations the ideal temps become unrealistic....

what am I missing?

ye i was about to say, i couldve sworn i saw that somewhere on here before :captain: