mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Welcome new Mods!

Hey thanks. Have to remember and flip the switch to get into mod mode when I come here now.

anybody want a burnt up Crossfire BMF1000D or VR404? I emailed Crossfire about the BMF and they said they'd refurbish it for $150. Wasn't worth it to me, as I have another amp I could use.

anybody want a burnt up Crossfire BMF1000D or VR404? I emailed Crossfire about the BMF and they said they'd refurbish it for $150. Wasn't worth it to me, as I have another amp I could use.

Interested in the 404. Is the board damaged?

Welcome new Mods!

Hey thanks. Have to remember and flip the switch to get into mod mode when I come here now.

:peepwall:

what do you guys think the best value watt per dollar in entry spl amps is? i'm having trouble beating chris' refrub saz-1500d's for $350 shipped. but what makes me ask is IA 20.1's are $509 new right now? that seems awfully cheap...

lol everybody's all happy cause their mod's now ;)

How much?

mmmmkay I need a thermodynamics genius. I am doing a project where I need to "model" an engine and then compare it to the actual, yadda yadda. But I am having a problem with understanding how I can take the ignition of fuel and air and convert it to a useful Qin, like in the Otto Cycle equations.

Anyone had any experience working with any of this

we've done a little work with that stuff

you need to use the heating value of the fuel to determine the energy in it

with that and mass flow rate, you should be able to get Q(dot)in

The heating value of gasoline is 42000 kJ/kg using that in my equation for an otto cycle gives me a number WAY beyond the charts. So I used stoichimetric AF ratio of 14.7 and said that for 14.7kg of air there is 1 kg of fuel, totaling 15.7 kg of mass. the fuel is 6.8% of that mass so I multiply the 6.8% by the 42000 kJ/kg and it gace me 2876.71 kJ/kg, which is a lot lower but when doing calculations the ideal temps become unrealistic....

what am I missing?

I dont know, it's not a perfect model

dude, fudge food poisoning

does that even exist outside of mexico?

apparently I live close enough

apparently I live close enough

ouch sry to hear about that man!

Interested in the 404. Is the board damaged?

Not that I can see. At least there are no big holes like Adrian's :). I thought the problem was four diodes so I replaced them, but it still does not work.