mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Shes doing alright right now, thanks for the concern guys. :)

She is going back this morning to talk to them about if she can pass it regularly or if they have to go in and break it up since the size of it is just at the line where they Have to break it up.

Glad she's doing better. I only heard about kidney stone caused pains...wouldn't want to go through that :ehh:

Pics work now :)

Looking good. I've been around CO2 installations ever since I was a little kid. Dad used to work on such things and ever since we moved, we had a 10 tonne tank in the back yard which was used to fill up tanks like the one you have and sell to people. It's sold now...the CO2 business was slowing down for a few years.

Hmm, I changed nothing. Oh well, glad they work.

Something like CQC, HomeSeer?

nothing sure yet. A friend of mine is a rep for a security software/hardware company, and I have been picking his brain along with looking at home and buisness trends.

Ultimately I want something unmanned than notifies me personally, and make it whole house integrated A/V etc. Another friend used to be a director at a one of the big comercial manned security places, and he would get a ton of people he dealt with asking about recomendations for home/private systems.

The best security bar none are humans. They cost to much, and you can't trust them. Dogs are #2, but not what everyone wants. I want a 3rd option....

nothing sure yet. A friend of mine is a rep for a security software/hardware company, and I have been picking his brain along with looking at home and buisness trends.

Ultimately I want something unmanned than notifies me personally, and make it whole house integrated A/V etc. Another friend used to be a director at a one of the big comercial manned security places, and he would get a ton of people he dealt with asking about recomendations for home/private systems.

The best security bar none are humans. They cost to much, and you can't trust them. Dogs are #2, but not what everyone wants. I want a 3rd option....

Exactly what I am looking at doing right now.

Security system that integrates with Home Automation. For instance, if a zone is breached I'd like to be able to turn on the stereo play back a wave file, turn on the lights, and generally frighten away the person entering.

At the same time the system has to be flexible so that while home I can use the automation portion to make my life nicer.

fifteen minutes after the test is passed out and i'm finished. take it up to the professor and she wants to know if anythings wrong lol.

Sure they don't work?

*posts from another pc where they do*

Well, they didn't then I opened up the post and just went to the URL in the img tags to see them in the browser, and now they work in the post. Weird.

that's what I had to do too

i've seen some pretty cool dynamic mood lighting on automated systems out here. for example, you can change the color and intensity of ambient light in specific rooms with colored leds hidden under moldings and whatnot. sort of like the philips ambilight plasmas but for whole rooms and hallways.

Intensity I am keen on, but not so sure I understand colored lights.

would be awesome for when you're opening the doors of perception

and for the home security, I know nothing and i mean NOTHING about programming, but i'm sure you could set up most of what you want with a big control board of relays. if circuit x is broken then the relay flips circuit Y closed ( and the lights in a room kick on along with the stereo or something)

would be really low level but simple enough.

ACLU is fighting a law in Colorado...apparently anytime someone is arrested in Colorado and nudity is involved (streaking, etc.) they're automatically registered as a sex offender no questions asked...I almost never agree with what the ACLU does, but this law is asinine+++++

that's a good law for sex offenders though

a: "what'd you do?"

b: "didn't rape anyone...just streaked!"

a:"liar, i see your panel van"

and for the home security, I know nothing and i mean NOTHING about programming, but i'm sure you could set up most of what you want with a big control board of relays. if circuit x is broken then the relay flips circuit Y closed ( and the lights in a room kick on along with the stereo or something)

that's all a microchip really is, a freakin' shit ton of relays

ACLU is fighting a law in Colorado...apparently anytime someone is arrested in Colorado and nudity is involved (streaking, etc.) they're automatically registered as a sex offender no questions asked...I almost never agree with what the ACLU does, but this law is asinine+++++

I kind of think we have that same law here in AZ :angry22:

Indeed, tons of software control options and some hardware as well. Trying to sort out the "I don't need" from "that is cool" and such. Enough to make the head explode.

I kind of think we have that same law here in AZ :angry22:

public urination is a sex offender crime here...

Exactly what I am looking at doing right now.

Security system that integrates with Home Automation. For instance, if a zone is breached I'd like to be able to turn on the stereo play back a wave file, turn on the lights, and generally frighten away the person entering.

At the same time the system has to be flexible so that while home I can use the automation portion to make my life nicer.

That second part is where is gets tough. From what I understand it would end up being one general outer "shell" program, that would basicaly Administrate all the other programs. I'm no coder so my words are probably wrong but that's how I understanding If UI/GUI and automation options are not there, then it's worthless. I could just have 6 different systems running automation, security, climate, audio and video. Right now, I haven't seen anything run well.

If my roomie codes up something modular enough though I will be happy. something to run all systems from a touch screen. Then I don't have to teach the wife anything. Just tell her what to touch.

As promised, pics of the carbonator :)

_1444.JPG

_1446.JPG

What isn't pictured is the quick connect hose that connects the air compressor valve under the sink to a 2 liter bottle. Basically just fill her up 2/3's of the way, squeeze out the air, fill it with CO2 and shake for 30 seconds and you have carbonated anything. :)

First pic showed up when I URL'ed it but the second won't and now its showing the first pic in the reply

that's so weird, they've both showed up since the first time i loaded them with zero issues....what browsers are you all using? firefox 3.0.9 here

tried to reload the second one by URL and now it worked and now it works in the posts.......

EXTREMELY sad that the Yankees more for there pitchers then many teams entire salary and they have the worst pitching in baseball. Completely unacceptable