mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Second flare done. Still need to trim both and sand a bit to remove some imperfections.

IMG_5730.jpg

There will be a piece of pipe connecting the 2 flares.

Already cut the panel it will mount to (flare won't attach directly to the box) and cut a plug for the 'old' port opening.

Starting to test everything on the meter Wednesday. Really anxious to see what it can do on a meter.

sweet, nice work

Thanks, it's going to look fugly in the end but if it gets close to 148dB, I'm a happy camper.

Side note : definately not going to use such a thing daily, it's just in for competitions.

ryan2: that sure is a nice looking desk you got there.

adrian: those are mean looking flares, i hope you hit your number goals!

boring day, sitting in the lab reading another krakauer book :P

3 exams, 1 quiz...four days to go...

I'm guessing you are going to be limited to using plywood rather than hard woods, which will make things easier and cheaper on you too.

Thinks I would figure out if I was you.

Size/configuration of the desk top

Drawers/shelves

-Filing cabinets are easy to do instead of drawers, might look into that, I did that for ease of construction

Any special requirements

-I wanted it to be easy to take apart with only a screw gun

Budget

-I built mine for under 60$

Bracing to keep the desk top from sagging if you only do .75" thickness

-Steel works wonders, I have a piece of 1x3" tubing under there, it doesn't care if it gets sat on.

-Big ass knee braces work wonders for lateral support.

Drawers

-Do you want slides or rollers?

-Any hardware you can't find or want to see a wide variety, look at www.mcmaster.com

Thats what I can think of currently. If you want I could throw some rough sketches together for you if you give me some ideas.

Wow, thats a lot to chew on :)

K so your desk looks pretty big... I like it. Configuration I'm still throwing around I like the idea of a raised ledge towards the back. I could possibly only do that on the sides of the back and leave room to push the latpop back for working space.

I could possibly do something like yours and then incorporate my own rolling shelves, cabinets later.

Easy to move would be cool, but not the highest priority. I would like it a little more refined looking on the sides, possibly covered sides?

~$100 would be stellar

Metal would be great to help make it stronger, I like it strong

Assuming your talking about slides/rollers on the drawers?

Mcmasters is crazy

By the way my neighbor restores antiques and has built cabinets and helped my dad build his work bench, so anything I need or possible crazy tools I should have access to.

Ouch.

I got my computer in ridiculous time from Dell and now I have it set up! I got an email saying it was expected to be delivered on May 5th. Imagine my surprise when I was getting ready for my trip to Florida last Thursday (April 30) and a deliveryman comes up to my door and delivers it! Only 4 days after I custom ordered it.

Took me an extra day to set up my wireless because I accidentally downloaded the wrong wireless adapter model's drivers from Linksys's site and I didn't figure it out until after a frustrating hour and a give-up for the day.

By the way, Florida was awesome. We stayed in Destin, which is between Pensicola and Panama City. Insanely beautiful and perfect fine white sandy beach, which was the host of the wedding I went to. I got way too sunburned the first day. I think the tops of my feet may have gotten 2nd degree burns. My left foot swelled a bit and is just now starting to go down. My shoulders and back got pretty red too. Oops. I've put aloe vera gel on about......13 times since Friday.

I ate grouper for the first time, and it is now my new favorite fish.

Your a fan of the bottom feeder, eh?

They are fun to catch too. ;)

that's like buying a Japanese car

Excellent analogy, as I need something simple and reliable. :)

You mean overpriced, boring, and impossible to work with.

For my current daily needs it is more then enough. ;)

that's like buying a Japanese car

Excellent analogy, as I need something simple and reliable. :)

You mean overpriced, boring, and impossible to work with.

For my current daily needs it is more then enough. ;)

At 4x the price of an equivalent PC which will also meet your current needs and leave you money to play with other things.

That sucks, well a least they finally filed. As apposed to keep sucking money out of us. Now they can start over and rebuild it the right way. Like hopefully they are supposed to. If they choose to do so...

They didn't do it right the last time; I doubt they'll do it right this time.

The current administrations every growing examples of their nearly total lack of understanding American (or even European for that matter) history has become comical to say the least. Can you say Chrysler bail out 2035? :Doh:

I'm guessing you are going to be limited to using plywood rather than hard woods, which will make things easier and cheaper on you too.

Thinks I would figure out if I was you.

Size/configuration of the desk top

Drawers/shelves

-Filing cabinets are easy to do instead of drawers, might look into that, I did that for ease of construction

Any special requirements

-I wanted it to be easy to take apart with only a screw gun

Budget

-I built mine for under 60$

Bracing to keep the desk top from sagging if you only do .75" thickness

-Steel works wonders, I have a piece of 1x3" tubing under there, it doesn't care if it gets sat on.

-Big ass knee braces work wonders for lateral support.

Drawers

-Do you want slides or rollers?

-Any hardware you can't find or want to see a wide variety, look at www.mcmaster.com

Thats what I can think of currently. If you want I could throw some rough sketches together for you if you give me some ideas.

Wow, thats a lot to chew on :)

K so your desk looks pretty big... I like it. Configuration I'm still throwing around I like the idea of a raised ledge towards the back. I could possibly only do that on the sides of the back and leave room to push the latpop back for working space.

I could possibly do something like yours and then incorporate my own rolling shelves, cabinets later.

Easy to move would be cool, but not the highest priority. I would like it a little more refined looking on the sides, possibly covered sides?

~$100 would be stellar

Metal would be great to help make it stronger, I like it strong

Assuming your talking about slides/rollers on the drawers?

Mcmasters is crazy

By the way my neighbor restores antiques and has built cabinets and helped my dad build his work bench, so anything I need or possible crazy tools I should have access to.

Funny you should say about the sides, For the last couple weeks I've been wanting to redo the desk, possibly just make a new one. My desk top is 6'x3' and I built it out of scrap I had laying around in the woodshop at home.

For enclosing the sides a table saw and 1/4" plywood (oak, walnut, wainscoting, etc) does wonders and looks good.

Go talk to your neighbor and see what he has for ideas, he probably has some scraps that you can have free reign at too.

Okay which one of you freakin moderators deleted that threat about god? I was typing a HUGE rant totally shooting that guy down, then go to post it and I can't! So I'll post it here :D
An large mass with infinite gravity and mass exploding causing particles to scatter everywhere, they eventually clumped together (Because everything with mass has gravity) and continued to do so. After a while of collecting small particles the masses grew, they grew over millions of years. Finally when they got so large, the intense heat and pressure at the center of the masses caused nuclear fusion, creating the larger elements, causing more masses to form, they grew to be planet size, yet they were still very hot from the pressure exerted by their own gravity, they cooled over millions of years, sulfuric acid created a sort of "atmosphere" and held in some of the heat. hydrogen and oxygen bonded to form water, from there small unicellular bacteria formed, then multicellular organisms, algae, plants,...etc.

I did not delete it, but I will not stand for that on SSA, no way no how.

By the way, Florida was awesome. We stayed in Destin, which is between Pensicola and Panama City. Insanely beautiful and perfect fine white sandy beach, which was the host of the wedding I went to. I got way too sunburned the first day. I think the tops of my feet may have gotten 2nd degree burns. My left foot swelled a bit and is just now starting to go down. My shoulders and back got pretty red too. Oops. I've put aloe vera gel on about......13 times since Friday.

I ate grouper for the first time, and it is now my new favorite fish.

been there

very nice beaches!

Just finished my last paper of the semester! One summer class and I'll have a degree! Woot!

Summer class, boo, degree :woot: Nice work Todd!

You're tellin me. The summer class is my fault. I got lazy in my last gen ed and had to drop. Oops. Still managing to graduate above a 3.5!!!

No Idea what to do for work yet. Either find an electrical tech. position or go to more school. WSU has an electrical physics course or I can go for computer networking on top of my degree. More school or Job? I can't decide for myself

lol

I need the bastard who hit my car get his insurance chit going so I can put my Dynamat in and possibly those Kodas. I have like 30 sq. ft. for my front doors!

I have too much sound deadening, i think i have 4-5 extra rolls of raammat... no way it's going in either of my cars, they're heavy enough for now. I would sell the shit but shipping is so much it's not worth selling.

I have a Towncar so it's heavy as hell to begin with. Nothing wrong with a little extra weight.

You can always donate the mat to fellow SSA members like myself. lol

I have too much sound deadening, i think i have 4-5 extra rolls of raammat... no way it's going in either of my cars, they're heavy enough for now. I would sell the shit but shipping is so much it's not worth selling.

Sign up for a FedEx account. I can ship a 4 cu.ft. box to the West coast for under $25. A roll of mat can't be more than $15-$18.