mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

That port is no joke!! :)

Working in sales taught me to watch out for knifes in the back and how to see them comming.

I have a co worker from the navy who similarly has a different point of view. People in an office don't know and don't see what's going on around them.

They also sure as hell don't know how to be hungry. They all feel entitle, and it's so foreign to me but that's how people get rewarded. Those that are late every day and lie to people to promote themselves definately get the nod in advancement and role model raises. I'm early every day and am decorated in CS and metrics with awards and kudos, but that's the sure way to remain where you are in this place.

It's the long standing problem of becoming too valuable where you are. And slowly becoming replacable because the credit is stripped from your record.

DB working in sales myself I know what you mean. The good, honest people get no where while the cheaters and backstabbers advance in the world.

Just got the most off the wall job offer from a private school in Ogaki of all places:

The contract is for one year and states that there is a 5 day, 40 hour workweek, and the monthly salary is 280,000 yen, (approximately $2,950 per month as of 8/​09).​ Shimon secures and partially furnishes an apartment for the employee prior to arrival to Japan.​ A maximum rent of 50,000 yen, (approximately $525), for a single persons apartment is deducted automatically from the monthly salary.​ If the rent for the apartment Shimon locates for the employee is above 50,000 yen, Shimon will cover the difference.​ The rest of the salary is then deposited directly into the employee’s bank account which will be set up upon arrival to Japan.​ The company also pays for airfare to, and if the contract is completed, from Japan.​ Teaching experience or Japanese language ability is not required for the position, but you must have a Bachelor’s degree in any field to qualify.​

:blink:

I busted a gut :P

That port is no joke!! :)

Shhh, that's the new propulsion system :P

Sorry to hear the frustrations Matt, but it sounds like your outlook is right.

DB working in sales myself I know what you mean. The good, honest people get no where while the cheaters and backstabbers advance in the world.

There is a reason that only Lawyers rank higher than sales people in the most "hated" lists.

I however find it amusing as the sales people that fit the descriptions of the ones that give salesmen a bad name usually suck at sales. The whole show up and throw up sales pitch died in 1970.

Going to LAX and Narita would be experiences unto themselves...

In my experience, professionally, that is very true.

Going to LAX and Narita would be experiences unto themselves...

Depends on the airlines, the NWA concourse in LAX is puny.

Narita isn't that exciting either, nothing like the Tokyo subway/train station...now THAT is an experience.

Love my woman but damn some days.......................

and Sean where did you find that?

Its pretty tits bro.

J

Find what?

The letter from the 63 year old retired marine

Sorry to hear the frustrations Matt, but it sounds like your outlook is right.

Thanks for letting me vent and the support. From everyone in fact.

I find money comes easy. Just how much time do u want to sell to get it. It's never been a huge concern for me. I know how to work smart and hard.

I mostly just am torn because I remind people of what they commited to me and hold them accountable the same way I hold myself. I have to get over the fact not everyone has my same values ethics , or the sense that they should be followed 100% of the time

I blewed up me Simplicity tonight. Not good heading into fall with two huge Maples in the front yard.

Love my woman but damn some days.......................

and Sean where did you find that?

Its pretty tits bro.

J

Find what?

The letter from the 63 year old retired marine

emailed to me, no "looking" involved :)

I blewed up me Simplicity tonight. Not good heading into fall with two huge Maples in the front yard.

That sucks. Luckily they aren't the hardest things to take apart.

Still the unexpected bites serious ass

<-- hasn't ridden my motorcycle this year as the carb's need cleaning

Probably take me less than 2 hours worst case too. :Doh:

actually fuck that, worse case would be like 20 hours. It is a fucking Honda which means nothing will really make sense.

At this point I'll just do it to sell it, stupid time of year for that but I really don't want it in my garage over the winter

Gotta buy a table saw so I can build garage cabinets. Sick of not having a very defined place for EVERYTHING.

*not that I am dis-organized which a couple of you know

actually curious, perhaps you think differently Ryan/Tom