mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Getting sick again I think. I can't afford that. This is crunch time in my office. I cannot miss a moment for the next 3 weeks.

UNGH

I want my good health back!

As much as I hate to do it, I turned the pellet stove on. I guess this means summer is over and I need to look foward to Christmas, maybe in Grand Cayman not sure yet.

Got an interview with Exxon on Thursday. First interview of the year.

I'm kind of disappointed now that I didn't apply for some other jobs I didn't want to work for to knock the interview rust off.

good luck. The guys gave you great advice. Always ask more questions, and when u go in, I FIND its good to have a talking point about the company.

Honestly mention something specific about the company that makes you want to work with them.

Laying in bed and feel like shit. Time to go take a shower and find some drugs. I'd rather be in class or at work, I hate getting sick, only happens once a year though thankfully.

Athlete dies while running in Baltimore Marathon. No, he wasn't shot to death.

fuck the yanks, should be another game. robbed in game 2 and no retribution. imagine fucking that. not only do they buy a title with players, but with umps to. :(

I know Ryan is going to hate me too for quoting, but I have watched the Yankees play for my entire life, so I think I have a good grasp on the situation.

You're an 'O's fan and a U2 Fan. I know better.

:D Two entities I have followed my entire life, from a very young age. Pre-Cal Ripken and pre-Joshua Tree. But it is known across the league that the Yankees get more favorable calls then any other, Red Sox a close second. Not a bash against the Yankees, but the system and the people who continue it. But it is the same thing with the Patriots and the Steelers in the NFL, along with Duke and UNC in mens college basketball, as I am sure there are plenty in the good ole' boy system in college football too. ;)

Hiroshima and Nagasaki consider joint bid for 2020 Summer Olympics, promise they'll be the bomb

They actually run through a good part of the city. Pisses me off because Baltimore is no where near as bad as Detroit or Atlanta or Cleveland or Cincinnati or DC (yes I have been to all) etc. but because of "The Wire" it is grouped in with that type of city.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki consider joint bid for 2020 Summer Olympics, promise they'll be the bomb

:peepwall:

Too early.

They actually run through a good part of the city. Pisses me off because Baltimore is no where near as bad as Detroit or Atlanta or Cleveland or Cincinnati or DC (yes I have been to all) etc. but because of "The Wire" it is grouped in with that type of city.

Hey, Detroit ain't that bad.:ehh::peepwall:

You can speed, drive without a license, just don't shoot anybody now, ya hear :peepwall:

<--- Never seen an episode of the wire, should get around to adding that to Netflix

I have 5 inches of snow on my garbage bin.

everything on the pavement is melted I guess... but still. fook.

did I seriously just see a thread titled "HELP I'M A DUMBASS"?

:peepwall:

from my experience there is no cure for dumbassery

from my experience there is no cure for dumbassery

to quote ron white, "you cant fix stupid"

"I may be ugly and fat, but your stupid. i can afford plastic sugrery, but you cannot buy brains"

Tom, how have your interviews gone?

haven't actually gotten one yet

so fucking sore and the sky hasn't cleared LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO but by hook or by crook I will have the interior of the E55 cleaned and detailed by tomorrow, just you watch

So I was going to turn the 220v for my rangetop into 220v for my saw and a couple 110v's for the garage.

Funny wiring though.

1 black

1 black with red stripe

1 big fucking ground

I go downstairs and the "ground" is attached to the neutral on the electrical panel.

Don't the two hots mean that it is "2 phase". I figured single phase should be 1 neutral and 1 hot.

Also curious if I can use the "ground-like" neutral as a neutral for the 110v circuits (through a panel of course). Just doesn't seem safe to me to have a neutral without a casing on it. In particular when it supports 40A at 220v.

Lastly, the saw has two of the sideways terminals on the plug. Does this mean that it only gets the two hots and not a neutral?

*obviously knows nothing about AC power in houses and while I did search rather quickly considering this isn't like I expected I thought I'd post*

**a bottle and a half of wine will keep me from doing anything with it tonight anyways :) **

Ground and Neutral are tied together back at the box, just the way it works. You should have 120v from one hot to ground, and 120v from the other hot to ground, and 220v across the hots.

FYI: If you were wiring a 3-phase piece of equipment and it turns backwards, you just have to switch any two wires and it'll switch rotational direction.

So how does it make sense to have a ground and a neutral, but to have them wired together.

What confused me is that there is no neutral in this case, just ground but being it is connected to the neutral it looked like no ground. Sort of screws me on the make 1 -220v and 2-110v circuits out of it :(

did I seriously just see a thread titled "HELP I'M A DUMBASS"?

You got me looking for that thread :lol: